Jose Iglesias 3 for 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Jose Iglesias 3 for 2

Can anyone tell me if the hits were "weak", and "lucky"?

Glad to see him getting hits!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Jose Iglesias 3 for 2

Is 3 for 2 possible?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

When Middlebrooks returns, I'd like to see how S. Drew handles the UIF job until he is traded. Ciriaco will likely clear waivers.

Management is determined to put that 9.75M bum out as the starting SS.

Sheesh......and you were doing so well in the Paterno thread. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

When Middlebrooks returns, I'd like to see how S. Drew handles the UIF job until he is traded. Ciriaco will likely clear waivers.

Seriously... LMAO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

"Weak" or "lucky", the guy is now 11 for 26 since being back.

How many times are we going to say that Drew is going to hit? In the last 10 days, Drew is 5 for 34 or .147 BA; however, I will admit that Drew is hitting about .250 for May. Drew's hits seem to come in bunches. 5 hits in two games. No hits in 8 games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Not this time...great hits.

I'm happy for him.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

Seriously... LMAO

Well, softy and I have had our differences, but I actually do agree with him about the sexual perversion/obsession of this country, and we're actually better off than Europe. Over there its REALLY bad. I'm about as conservative as a guy can get to be honest, although some things softy says on here make conservatism look a lot worse than it is. But this time I have to agree with him. When I see 12 year old girls literally dressed like streetwalkers, and when Katy Perry and Christina Aguilera are their heros, I think its time for us all to admit we have a problem here. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Seriously... LMAO

Well, softy and I have had our differences, but I actually do agree with him about the sexual perversion/obsession of this country, and we're actually better off than Europe. Over there its REALLY bad. I'm about as conservative as a guy can get to be honest, although some things softy says on here make conservatism look a lot worse than it is. But this time I have to agree with him. When I see 12 year old girls literally dressed like streetwalkers, and when Katy Perry and Christina Aguilera are their heros, I think its time for us all to admit we have a problem here. 

Yeah the good old days when the only folks with tatoos were old sailors.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Like the movie Down Periscope?  The captain's tatoo said "welcome aboard".  I'm not saying where the tatoo was...LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Seriously... LMAO

'We' don't have a problem.  Some people do, and some people don't.  My kids dress fine, though this is probably an issue since forever.  Without even looking, I assume flapper dresses raised an uproar, and I can imagine the first time at a beach when a girl didn't wear a one-piece with something resembling a dress over it.

Past that, I wouldn't be too concerned over it.  Kids have always had pressure on them to fit in, girls more so.  Most of you are probably old enough to remember when hair that went over the collar was a problem.  It doesn't define a person, it's just kids trying to fit in.  I'd prefer to focus  on basic morality rather than how they dress.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Seriously... LMAO

'We' don't have a problem.  Some people do, and some people don't.  My kids dress fine, though this is probably an issue since forever.  Without even looking, I assume flapper dresses raised an uproar, and I can imagine the first time at a beach when a girl didn't wear a one-piece with something resembling a dress over it.

Past that, I wouldn't be too concerned over it.  Kids have always had pressure on them to fit in, girls more so.  Most of you are probably old enough to remember when hair that went over the collar was a problem.  It doesn't define a person, it's just kids trying to fit in.  I'd prefer to focus  on basic morality rather than how they dress.

Exactly.

Latter generation styles and choices ALWAYS upset the parents and preceding generations.

I imagine even Neanderthal parents were disgusted with how their kids wore their pelts.

"Look at Thaggada! Could she have picked a smaller animal to wear?  And what is up with that stone-banging noise she listens to?  I HATE rock music!!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Iggy is insanely lucky at the plate and his approach is still a work in progress BUT he does look a little better this go around.  Still needs work.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Would you rather have a weak hit or a hard out ?????Whats your point?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say ...........    "Thats my boy"  !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

Would you rather have a weak hit or a hard out ?????Whats your point?

Of course you take the hit over the out, whether the hit is weak or smoked.  The problem is, "lucky" is not sustainable.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Exactly.

Latter generation styles and choices ALWAYS upset the parents and preceding generations.

I imagine even Neanderthal parents were disgusted with how their kids wore their pelts.

"Look at Thaggada! Could she have picked a smaller animal to wear?  And what is up with that stone-banging noise she listens to?  I HATE rock music!!"

LOL Notin

Style choices are one thing.

However, lack of respect from kids these days is a completely different story.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Iglesias looks to me like a guy who can hit .250 in the big leagues.  Which is more than acceptable for a defensive player of his ability.  I hope he settles in as our shortstop for 2014 and the future.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Iglesias looks to me like a guy who can hit .250 in the big leagues.  Which is more than acceptable for a defensive player of his ability.  I hope he settles in as our shortstop for 2014 and the future.

Hes looking a lot better at the plate. 46AB is not nearly enough to come to a definite conclusion. Personally, Id need to see about another 100+ AB's and him sustain a reasonable amount of success to be convinced hes finally turned the corner.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

What if he bats .250 all year but all his hits are not up to the standard of the BDC.com forum members? 

If he keeps hitting the way he is, Im good with that Burr. Hes had some hard hit balls. Its not like they are weak hits. They are solid contact. I just need a bit more than 46AB. I like what Im seeing though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

What if he bats .250 all year but all his hits are not up to the standard of the BDC.com forum members? 

Fortunately the standard of the BDC.com forum members is ultimately irrelevant.  Don't tell them this though. Laughing 

Sections
Shortcuts