Jose Iglesias 3 for 2

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Jose Iglesias 3 for 2

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Iggy is insanely lucky at the plate and his approach is still a work in progress BUT he does look a little better this go around.  Still needs work.

Ok, luck has a lot to do with it.  Like when some outfileders play too shalloow for a player who has the potential to send the ball.

Well that happens in the bottom of the 9th.  I was talking about Jose Iglesias insanely high BABIP that is bound to come down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Is 3 for 2 possible?

Damn, the guy's hitting 1.500!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to notin's comment:

Exactly.

Latter generation styles and choices ALWAYS upset the parents and preceding generations.

I imagine even Neanderthal parents were disgusted with how their kids wore their pelts.

"Look at Thaggada! Could she have picked a smaller animal to wear?  And what is up with that stone-banging noise she listens to?  I HATE rock music!!"

LOL Notin

Style choices are one thing.

However, lack of respect from kids these days is a completely different story.

As it is in life, it is in this forum, respect is a two way street. I don't feel the issue with many people these days, young and old, is as much a lack of respect as it is an over the top sense of entitlement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Is 3 for 2 possible?

Damn, the guy's hitting 1.500!

BUILD A STATUE FOR THE MAN

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Exactly.

Latter generation styles and choices ALWAYS upset the parents and preceding generations.

I imagine even Neanderthal parents were disgusted with how their kids wore their pelts.

"Look at Thaggada! Could she have picked a smaller animal to wear?  And what is up with that stone-banging noise she listens to?  I HATE rock music!!"

LOL Notin

Style choices are one thing.

However, lack of respect from kids these days is a completely different story.

I find that the people who complain about a lack of respect from "kids", most especially of HS age, don't spend much time around them.  Instead they A) listen to what other people are saying who've had bad experience and retell their stories, or B) base their entire opinion on the ~5% of kids who actually DO have bad attitudes. 

However, if you're ever searching for people who show a lack of respect for others just look around this board - and then ask yourself, "I wonder what their kids are like?" 

And that comment was not directed at Kimmi.  Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I find that the people who complain about a lack of respect from "kids", most especially of HS age, don't spend much time around them.  Instead they A) listen to what other people are saying who've had bad experience and retell their stories, or B) base their entire opinion on the ~5% of kids who actually DO have bad attitudes. 

However, if you're ever searching for people who show a lack of respect for others just look around this board - and then ask yourself, "I wonder what their kids are like?" 

S5, I'm a high school teacher.  My high school has a student population near 2000.  I spend a lot of time around teenagers, most of whom are wonderful, BTW.  I didn't mean to imply that it was all kids or even most of them. 

But believe me when I say that there is an awful lot of disrespect towards and disregard for authority, rules, property, and other people.  Far too much. 

Antibody is also correct that there is a sense of entitlement, which is a reason for much of the disrespect.

For the most part, I blame the parents.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to S5's comment:

S5, I'm a high school teacher.  My high school has a student population near 2000.  I spend a lot of time around teenagers, most of whom are wonderful, BTW.  I didn't mean to imply that it was all kids or even most of them. 

But believe me when I say that there is an awful lot of disrespect towards and disregard for authority, rules, property, and other people.  Far too much. 

Antibody is also correct that there is a sense of entitlement, which is a reason for much of the disrespect.

For the most part, I blame the parents.

I'm not a teacher but I spend a lot of time around HS kids in co-curricular settings- sports, hiking, etc., in a HS of about 350. I find that while there are a few (and I'll stick with my 5%) who make life difficult the vast majority of the kids I see and interact with are good kids.

Yes, a few of the 95% may make an occasional mistake but on the whole they're they're a lot like most of us were at 18, just "feeling their oats" and they want to see what the boundaries are.  Once the boundaries are established the kids are fine again.

Kids feel entitled because they've been made to feel entitled.  In their quest to be "good parents" the parents have given their kids everything they (the kids) want, so why shouldn't the kids  feel entitled?  Outgrowing it is all a part of the growing up and maturing process.   They'll get over it and when they do most of them will be good, upstanding citizens.

My experience in dealing with kids for 20+ years is that kids, for the most part, are good.  It just rankles me to hear derogatory comments made about kids with no one to give the other side of the story. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from igotgyroballs. Show igotgyroballs's posts

will the talking heads on this site finally admit this kid should be on the big league club in some capacity?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

Can anyone tell me if the hits were "weak", and "lucky"?

Glad to see him getting hits!

Newbies!! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Iggy has done good in his few starts sice coming back. There is a different aura about him. Id still like to see more though. Making impules moves because of a few good games is obviously (to some of us anyway) not smart business. I would DFA Ciricao, Holt can be UI if needed which opens up a roster spot. Keep Iggy at 3b and when Middy comes back you wait and see if he can turn things around. Play Iggy some at SS vs some tough LHP and maybe spell Pedey once and Middy if he needs it. If middy contines to struggle through June, the Id option him back to Pawtucket and play Iggy there. Middy is the key factor before any big moves should be made. Also need to see if Iggy can sustain his success. I think he can.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ok........THAT one wasn't a ground ball.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Another "lite" hit by Iggy. I think the score keeper should revoke the home-run as clearly Iggy must be on the juice today. What a shame. He doesn't belong.

That was a shot....it doesn't change every hit he has had before.

Regardless I'm very happy with what he hasdone lately, he looks much better at the plate than he did at the beginning of the season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Why are people so concerned about defending Ben's signing of Drew, that they have to demean Iglesias' performance ?   Let's try to go by the results that we are seeing.  Forget about the BABIP , ZIPS , WAR , and the rest of the trendy geek stats.  Iglesias is batting .434 , while playing some of the best defense that we have seen in years.  Can you not just appreciate that ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

It was a "seeing eye" home run. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Why are people so concerned about defending Ben's signing of Drew, that they have to demean Iglesias' performance ?   Let's try to go by the results that we are seeing.  Forget about the BABIP , ZIPS , WAR , and the rest of the trendy geek stats.  Iglesias is batting .434 , while playing some of the best defense that we have seen in years.  Can you not just appreciate that ?

I do appreciate it, I've advocated for Iglesias to start for two year and still do.  But you have to face reality as well....his approach at the plate has been suspect.  The results haven't, but unless he makes drastic improvments that will change.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

The ball carried well in the heavy air. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I do appreciate it, I've advocated for Iglesias to start for two year and still do.  But you have to face reality as well....his approach at the plate has been suspect.  The results haven't, but unless he makes drastic improvments that will change.

I am sure it will change in that he will not continue to hit .434.    Nobody will.  But he is showing a very good, focused  approach at the plate. He has a short , compact swing , and is not chasing pitches out of the zone. There is no reason why he cannot be a consistently good hitter.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

They need to keep him at third. That double play never would have happened if Drew had been over there. 

Kidding aside. Based on last year I was fine with the Drew signing. I still think they should have gone with Iglesias, cause I think he'd be fine if he hit .220. Still he didn't hit .220 and I get why they signed Drew for one year. 

At this point I'm becoming concerned about Drew's lack of production. He had one little streak, and that's been it. I'd love to see him get hot, and stay hot, to help the team, but also because they could trade him. It's starting to look like he's a guy who can't paly here. A Carl Crawford type. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

It's instructive to look at the scouting reports on the kid. They all grade him a having up-side potential with the bat, based on his hand-eye coordination as well as his intelligence. As I recall over time Ozzie Smith became a pretty good hitter. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts