Jose Iglesias for a front line pitcher

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Jose Iglesias for a front line pitcher

(Or even second-line) This crying about "over-worked" doesn't wash. The "pen" was lousy in April, and they sure were not over worked then! They are simply not very good. period.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Jose Iglesias for a front line pitcher

you dont give up one of your top prospects for bullpen help. Bagwell redux? Think before you post!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

pedro or iggy needs to be moved for a pitcher...iggy will get you more in a trade..no sense having both of those guys around

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Jose Iglesias for a front line pitcher:
    [QUOTE](Or even second-line) This crying about "over-worked" doesn't wash. The "pen" was lousy in April, and they sure were not over worked then! They are simply not very good. period.
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

you dont think the pen is overworked???????? cmon - they fell apart last september because they had ONE MONTH of bad starting pitching - imagine what it must be with an entire season of inept 4-5 inning starting pitching....those bullpen guys all deserve purple hearts...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Re: Jose Iglesias for a front line pitcher:
    [QUOTE]    First, I would like to see him @ SS the rest of the season !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
    This team SHOULD bring up a young player to fill every single position they have a decent prospect at.... then they sould give them a 30 days look.... ALL of the month of Sept. they shouldbe doing what other teams that stink do.... seeing what they have for next year....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE](Or even second-line) This crying about "over-worked" doesn't wash. The "pen" was lousy in April, and they sure were not over worked then! They are simply not very good. period.
    Jose Iglesias currently has limited trade value as a defensively gifted but offensively challenged shortstop who will earn more than $2 million as a 23-year-old in 2013.

Most franchises already have defensively adept shortstop prospects who struggle at the plate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

except iggy has been hitting hot in AAA as of late. if he keeps it up the rest of the season then his trade value will be at its highest. plus we have depth at SS in the organization and a big need for a top of the rotation guy. if hes the sweetener that gets us someone good then so be it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We should be giving Iglesias a full shot at becoming our shortstop for years to come. His hitting is getting better and , by all accounts , he is one of the best defensive shortstops in baseball. Bogaerts can easily convert to third base or left field. The other shortstops in our system have not shown that they are anywhere near being ready.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]We should be giving Iglesias a full shot at becoming our shortstop for years to come. His hitting is getting better and , by all accounts , he is one of the best defensive shortstops in baseball. Bogaerts can easily convert to third base or left field. The other shortstops in our system have not shown that they are anywhere near being ready.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

C'mon Ike....by "getting better" I take it you mean his MiLB OPS is up to a pathetic .624 (lower than Punto's MLB OPS, btw) from a disgraceful .554 in 2011?  And by "all accounts" I take it you've never watched him play a single game?

You want to give him the keys to the car based on "less disgraceful offense than before" and "stuff I've heard about his defense"?  In what world does that make any sense at all?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Classic case of totally overrating a Sox prospect.
    This isn't Bogaerts, it's a one dimnsional player, we're talking about,
    with major questions as to his hitting ability.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jose Iglesias for a front line pitcher : C'mon Ike....by "getting better" I take it you mean his MiLB OPS is up to a pathetic .624 (lower than Punto's MLB OPS, btw) from a disgraceful .554 in 2011?  And by "all accounts" I take it you've never watched him play a single game? You want to give him the keys to the car based on "less disgraceful offense than before" and "stuff I've heard about his defense"?  In what world does that make any sense at all?
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

For Iglesias I'd forget about the SLG part of OPS.  I don't care if he never hits a HR in his MLB career - I just don't want him to be an automatic out, and then play every inning in the field.  As such, a .318 OBP, up from .285, is nice progress, and has been improving.  I'd hold onto him, as he alone will not get you anything that can help this club.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Iggy is not worth that much to any club until he shows some consistency at the plate.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Iggy for a FL pitcher?  DONE!

2013 Middy at 3rd, Ciriaco at SS, Pedey at 2nd, & ___________ at first.  Done!

Ells in CF, Ross in RF, _____________  anbody's better than CC in LF.  Good!

Add a FL pitcher?  YES!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Jose Iglesias for a front line pitcher : Iggy is not worth that much to any club until he shows some consistency at the plate.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh!  There in lies the rub.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Definitely trade him, he's overhyped in my opinion. I'm comfortable with Ciriaco until Boegarts develops... he's the real shortstop of the future. Trade Iglesias before his stock declines.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jose Iglesias for a front line pitcher : More reason to play him every day/rest of the way !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

What?  & PROVE he can't hit MLB pitching??? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jose Iglesias for a front line pitcher : For Iglesias I'd forget about the SLG part of OPS.  I don't care if he never hits a HR in his MLB career - I just don't want him to be an automatic out, and then play every inning in the field.  As such, a .318 OBP, up from .285, is nice progress, and has been improving.  I'd hold onto him, as he alone will not get you anything that can help this club.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I agree....he's seems to be making slow but steady progress and he's not 23 until January.  I'm not giving up at all, I just think it's absurd to rush him into a job where he will probably miserably fail at the offensive part.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jose Iglesias for a front line pitcher : What?  & PROVE he can't hit MLB pitching??? 
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

It's Bill, ignore him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

No one would give up a good starter for Iggy.  He has a 306 slugging percentage and a 624 OPS at AAA.

I am sure people would be lining up to trade a front line starter for that.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Well, what ever they do with him, they certainly have found a gold nugget in Pedro, and he's got one of the infield jobs, hands down!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

[QUOTE]Definitely trade him, he's overhyped in my opinion. I'm comfortable with Ciriaco until Boegarts develops... he's the real shortstop of the future. Trade Iglesias before his stock declines.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

The problem is that his stock is already low and really cant go too much lower... as to getting a front line or even a #3 starter? Never gonna happen... he cant even make it up to the big leagues so how does anyone give the sox anything for him?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jose Iglesias for a front line pitcher : I agree....he's seems to be making slow but steady progress and he's not 23 until January.  I'm not giving up at all, I just think it's absurd to rush him into a job where he will probably miserably fail at the offensive part.
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

I think we should keep Iggy and Ciriaco at SS all next season just like Salty and Lav at catcher to see what we have.  I'm not convinced Bogaerts will be a SS but will definately break our lineup somewhere. 

Sections
Shortcuts