Jose Iglesias: Real potential or future bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: Jose Iglesias: Real potential or future bust?

i see him as a national league type shortstop.

bat 8th and get pinch hit for in every game that is on the line when it is his turn to hit.

trade him now for some pitching.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Jose Iglesias: Real potential or future bust?:
    I had no idea he was a FA after 2013. So if i understand this the Sox signed a 17 year old for 4 years at 2 million a year. What is that? How would you ever expect to get 8 million dollars of value out of a 17 year old in 4 years? This seems to be to be beyond stupid. But, adding to the "stupidity" would be not to give him a chance or not to get something for him in trade while his value is still somewhat high. I'm pretty sure there are a couple teams who would start him next year. Unless Ben is the polar opposite of Theo, I doubt Iggy will even get a real chance to be the FT SS in 2013 either.
    Posted by moonslav59
    Boston's hand may be forced, so to speak, if defense on the left side proves notably weak, AND if the club is getting better production this year from the 6 and 7 holes, so that the Sox can afford to carry Iglesias's bat. Some punch from Salty would help too. DH remains to be clarified.
    Iglesias's immediate future in Boston ( unless he's traded ) is tied up with contingencies beyond how he hits, though obviously that is a factor, unless the Sox are indissolubly wedded to the idea of a hitting SS. I'm with moon on this one. I hope not. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Iglesias was not MLB drafted and as Internationial player signng will be a FA at contract end. 

No, it doesn't work like that.  Morales also signed a 6-year deal out of Cuba.  Deal was over after 2010, and 2011 was his first arb year.  You still get 6 years of ML service.  BR says Iglesias becomes a FA in 2018.

Did it really make sense to you that the RS would sign him to a 4-year minor league deal, and allow him to walk age age 23?

Sections
Shortcuts