Jose Reyes to the Marlins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Jose Reyes to the Marlins

They now have two SS - and we barely have one.

Okay Cherrington - get to work and bring back Hanley Ramirez

6 years and 106 million for Reyes.  He joins Heath Bell in Miami.  I guess the Marlins are serious about improving.

Sox still trying to figure out what to do with Wakefield.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

Re: Jose Reyes to the Marlins

I just saw this myself and I was thinking let's get Hanley Ramirez back to the Red Sox...that would be nice..speed on the bases, range and a nice stick..gotta straighten the attitude out a bit..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Hanley will move to 3B.

The Marlins effectively replaced Greg Dobbs with Jose Reyes...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

hanley aint comin back to beantown, no chance. trade for andrew bailey should be priority number one, followed by a trade for either garza or gio gonzalez. This team needs pitching more than anything. buchholz cannot be relied on. he should be the number 4 starter. the sox should then bid at least as much as they bid for dice k on yu darvish. then trade for someone like carlos quentin to play right field. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

If they could get could Pujols or Fielder they would have an amazing offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Reyes is way overpriced.  Glad the Red Sox did not bite.
    Hanley will not return here.  His contract, 'tude, defense, etc. won't allow it.

In the end, we have Scuturo as a bridge to Iglesias or someone else.

At some point, they gotta give Iglesias a shot.

Isn't it amazing the overkill with prospects quickly followed by dropping them off the radar due to some perceived inadequacy?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Dodged that bullet. Although, my niece is going to be disappointed. That's her favorite player, and she has tons of Reyes memorabilia.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

So, the Miami plan is to turn the Marlins into the Mets? Oft injured Reyes, and an overpriced aged reliever, this has Minaya's DNA all over it. Good luck with that.
    Jason Bay anyone?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

The Sox should not go after Hanley...they just had a media circus hen it comes to players attitudes and you'd like to bring in one of the worst 'tudes in the league?
    The one thing that this does allow for is trading with the Mets. While they do have some pieces, they just don't have a team at this point. They also are cash strapped...so if the sox were willing to eat salary I'm thinking they could bring back a couple of those solid guys back.

The Mets would want a legitimate trade for Wright and Ike, but guys like Bay, Santana, and Murphy might be had at a buyers price.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

We need a RH RF--JBay may be the answer if the price is right. Perhaps Scutaro, Lowrie or Aviles for JB and 1/2 of his contract?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Jose Reyes to the Marlins:
    hanley aint comin back to beantown, no chance. trade for andrew bailey should be priority number one, followed by a trade for either garza or gio gonzalez. This team needs pitching more than anything. buchholz cannot be relied on. he should be the number 4 starter. the sox should then bid at least as much as they bid for dice k on yu darvish. then trade for someone like carlos quentin to play right field. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34

What do the Sox have to give up for Bailey?

Let me put it this way - Bailiey is bascially the same pitcher as Bard.  What Sox prospects would you accept in a trade for Daniel Bard?   Do not mention Reddick, Lowrie and Anderson., at least not together.  Maybe one as a throw-iin piece.

And if the Sox can barely afford Bailey - Gonzalez or Garza, both of whom should cost a ton, are out of the pitcutre.  Esopecially if you are one of those "AL East is Too Tough"
     kind of guys.  gonzalez had a 5.32ERA vs AL East teams last year.

The smarter trade move might be to go after Matt Thornton, who is more of a salary dump by the White Sox.  The Sox could get him without throwing out names bigger than Luis Exposito.

And if you insist on an Oakland pitcher, I suggest Josh Outman.  He's 27 and hasn't pitched much in MLB due to various injuries, but he is actually a prety good pitcher, but is completely lost in the Oakland depth chart.  The Sox might be able to pry him away from Oakland for as little as Lars Anderson.  (I only suggest Anderson because Oakland has shown they will take him in low profile deals, such as Rich Harden.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I really think Bay would be productive again if he came back to Fenway. Give him a solid lineup around him, and he knows how to play the wall already. He wouldn't need to be that big bat for them like when he was "Manny's Replacement". He now has Gonzo in the lineup...plus either Papi of whoever is his replacement.
    They would have to realize that the Mets wouldn't eat any of his contract though...the whole point would be a salary dump for retooling their team

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Sox need pitching.  After that a RH bat.  But even with Scutaro on the team we score plenty of runs.   And it will be better next year, Youk will be back to prove soemthing.   Same with Crawford.  The BobbyV era is born ...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Didn't Bay fail the physical on the potential four year deal? He was projected to be healthy for two years so that gives one more year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Reddick is better than Bay - so please, no more Bay talk.

In the meantime, the Marlins are off and running - they seem committed to winning.  Article mentioned they are after Fielder or Puljos - but I like their 1B Sanchez.  I suppose they could trade Gaby for pitching if they get Fielder.

I sure would like to see Cherrington do something. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Reddick is better than Bay - so please, no more Bay talk. In the meantime, the Marlins are off and running - they seem committed to winning.  Article mentioned they are after Fielder or Puljos - but I like their 1B Sanchez.  I suppose they could trade Gaby for pitching if they get Fielder. I sure would like to see Cherrington do something. 
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

First impression by some might be that they appear to be committed to winning. Others might speculate that they want to buy some new toys to compliment their new stadium. Maybe they have a new wealthy minority owner or a better television sports network. Time will tell how smart it was to sign Reyes and Bell. Wasn't it a year ago that RSN was ecstatic with the signings of Crawford and Gonzalez? In any event according to Nick Cafardo's payroll analysis this morning, the Red Sox don't have more than $10-15 mil. to spend this winter on free agents.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Offer Ellsbury and Lowrie for Hanley, and move Hanley to LF. Move Crawford to CF and put Kalish or Reddick in RF.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Hold on folks, it not a done deal that Hanley is going to move to third base. Marlins have a decent prospect ready to be the everyday 3rd baseman - Matt Dominguez. They also have Dobbs that can spell relief for him. What this means is Hanley could be on the block.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Sox trade Beckett to Marlins for Hanley straight up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

They didn't bring in Reyes so they could trade Hanley, that is subtraction by addition.  Hanley will be moved to 3b or OF.

I don't love that contract if I'm the Marlins.  Reyes spends a lot of time on the DL most years.  Miami is making a strong push though, good for them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Offer Ellsbury and Lowrie for Hanley, and move Hanley to LF. Move Crawford to CF and put Kalish or Reddick in RF.
    Posted by hankwilliams

I like hanley...I do.  But if I offer jake for hanley it would be the marlins who had to throw in someone else, not the RS.  Jake with his 2 years of team friendly control are worth alot more than hanley, with his attitude and much much larger salary. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Hold on folks, it not a done deal that Hanley is going to move to third base. Marlins have a decent prospect ready to be the everyday 3rd baseman - Matt Dominguez. They also have Dobbs that can spell relief for him. What this means is Hanley could be on the block. Wouldn't it be ironic if Sox trade Beckett to Marlins for Hanley straight up.
    Posted by beavis

Then Boston will eventually need to find three new starting pitchers!!  Where will Boston find these three new incoming pitchers?  Cant substract starting pitcher unless you get one back!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Jose Reyes to the Marlins : Then Boston will eventually need to find three new starting pitchers!!  Where will Boston find these three new incoming pitchers?  Cant substract starting pitcher unless you get one back!!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

Re-sign Wake and Bedard. Beckett won't be able to pitch anyway unless the Sox bring back Tek!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Reyes is spanish for "disabled list".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Jose Reyes to the Marlins:
    They now have two SS - and we barely have one. Okay Cherrington - get to work and bring back Hanley Ramirez 6 years and 106 million for Reyes.  He joins Heath Bell in Miami.  I guess the Marlins are serious about improving. Sox still trying to figure out what to do with Wakefield.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Maybe we barely have one, but the one we have had a .781 OPS last year, while Hanley had a .712.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Reyes is spanish for "disabled list".
    Posted by 86redsox

LOL

Sections
Shortcuts