Josh Beckett, already on the grind!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

Josh Beckett, already on the grind!

Nick Cafardo is reporting that Josh Beckett showed up to spring training today and has already thrown a bullpen session. Bobby Valentine was in attendence and watched the session along with other Red Sox staffers.

I'd say this is a great step for Josh. Things are looking good when you have a motivated Josh Beckett, showing up early and prepping a week before he has to. 

Maybe he will let his attitude and performance, this year, make up for the disastrous end to last season. Beckett's never been one for words, let's hope he has his arm do the talking for him!

Work(s) Cited

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Josh Beckett, already on the grind!

In Response to Josh Beckett, already on the grind!:
    [QUOTE]Pete Abraham is reporting that Josh Beckett showed up to spring training today and has already thrown a bullpen session. Bobby Valentine was in attendence and watched the session along with other Red Sox staffers. I'd say this is a great step for Josh. Things are looking good when you have a motivated Josh Beckett, showing up early and prepping a week before he has to.  Maybe he will let his attitude and performance, this year, make up for the disastrous end to last season. Beckett's never been one for words, let's hope he has his arm do the talking for him!
    Posted by stodknocker[/QUOTE]

Yup.  I, for one, don't need a mia culpa.  Just need a Beckett with a chip on his shoulder and ready to go (and maybe a baked chicken recipe or two).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

My brother George (Georom)  just posted this on the other thread.  George should get a payoff from on giving him the food for his column.
    http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1403449&position=0

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

So far so good for Beckett, he will need to prove a lot of people wrong this year, after 2011.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

If Boston is interested in swapping Beckett for AJ, NYC will not object.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett, already on the grind!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Josh Beckett, already on the grind! : Yup.  I, for one, don't need a mia culpa.  Just need a Beckett with a chip on his shoulder and ready to go (and maybe a baked chicken recipe or two).
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

How about 20 mia culpas from 20 of the 25 players on the active roster in September.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Beckett, already on the grind! :   SO SPACEMAN.......  "LET ME BE CLEAR",  LIKE THE "BIG O" AND THE MIDDLE EAST, LETS DO THE WARM & FUZZY THING AND JUST HIT THE "RESTART BUTTON"  !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Yes.  Lets call it the "Boston Spring".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

I can see why there is a love/hate relationship with Beckett. He has definitely had his ups and downs with the Red Sox but I really think he will have a successful season in 2012.

If you look at his disposition as well as his past, you'll see a guy that works extremely well when he is motivated or has something to prove. What could be more motivating then the events of last September? I think we can all agree that "Chicken & Beer-gate" makes the pitching staff needing to prove something!

To me, this could be like a Perfect Storm of events that will drive Josh Beckett to win his first Cy Young award.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]I can see why there is a love/hate relationship with Beckett. He has definitely had his ups and downs with the Red Sox but I really think he will have a successful season in 2012. If you look at his disposition as well as his past, you'll see a guy that works extremely well when he is motivated or has something to prove. What could be more motivating then the events of last September? I think we can all agree that "Chicken & Beer-gate" makes the pitching staff needing to prove something! To me, this could be like a Perfect Storm of events that will drive Josh Beckett to win his first Cy Young award.  
    Posted by stodknocker[/QUOTE]

Im on board with that prediction!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Does he still have the fat face and beer gut? Unless a player pitches strong at the start to end of every season, there should be no passes given for lazy man syndrome.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

[QUOTE]Does he still have the fat face and beer gut? Unless a player pitches strong at the start to end of every season, there should be no passes given for lazy man syndrome.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Who said a pass was given? 

The fans and the FO are pissed about last September and Josh has heard that criticism in the media and even from his collegues. I would hardly consider that a pass. 

Hopefully he will take that criticism and transform it into the motivation he needs to be the dominant pitcher he has the potential to be. No one can deny that when Beckett is on, he is one of the best in the league. I'm, along with the rest of RSN, hoping that he comes back in top shape and ready to dominate the AL Beast like we all know he can!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

What is a STOD?
    I know what a knocker is, see below.

"

Donahue told her that he believed the term ``knocker'' came originally from baseball; that in general it typified the player who strengthened his own standing by belittling the ability of his team-mates, and by enlarging upon his own superior qualities. But there were many phases of this peculiar type. Some players were natural born knockers; others acquired the name in their later years in the game when younger men threatened to win their places. Some of the best players ever produced by baseball had the habit in its most violent form. There were players of ridiculously poor ability who held their jobs on the strength of this one trait. It was a mystery how they misled magnates and managers alike; how for months they held their places, weakening a team, often keeping a good team down in the race; all from sheer bold suggestion of their own worth and other players' worthlessness. Strangest of all was the knockers' power to disorganize; to engender a bad spirit between management and team and among the players. The team which was without one of the parasites of the game generally stood well up in the race for the pennant, though there had been championship teams noted for great knockers as well as great players."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Stod, yes, we both hope that Beckett shows up for work fit and ready to perform at a high level for an entire season. We'll see, but the critics are all that stands between him mailing it in for 17 million a year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Stod (Czech pronunciation: [stot]; German: Staab) is a town in the Plzeň Region of the Czech Republic. It lies some 20 km (12 mi) south-west from the region capital of Plzeň upon the Radbuza River.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

beckett looked pudgy on Millars show....couldnt tell for sure though....maybe he will get it into gear and keep it there this year....doubt it...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Beckett, already on the grind! : How about 20 mia culpas from 20 of the 25 players on the active roster in September.
    Posted by LadyLake[/QUOTE]

it's MEA culpa! Mia is Nomar's wife.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Mia is Nomar's second trophy wife, which destroyed two marriages.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

[QUOTE]So far so good for Beckett, he will need to prove a lot of people wrong this year, after 2011.
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]

Nice avatar and I like your unwavering loyalty to your Patriots.  Keep up the faith in your Red Sox also.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Beckett, already on the grind! :   SO SPACEMAN.......  "LET ME BE CLEAR",  LIKE THE "BIG O" AND THE MIDDLE EAST, LETS DO THE WARM & FUZZY THING AND JUST HIT THE "RESTART BUTTON"  !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Nah, hit the big red button for the Middle East. One each toward Saudi, Iran, and Syria and Afgh. For Beckett I'm willing to let him pitch with a chip on his shoulder all year and win 22. Different animals these two.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

you Buckettheads are in for a rude awakening...he hasnt answered for quitting on the team in 2011 and the fans will be on him like white on rice...do yourselves a favor and get off this forum and simply scroll the comments on any article on Slosh in any new england newspaper....it is going to get ugly very quickly if he doesnt come out and pitch like the boss he is being paid to be...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]you Buckettheads are in for a rude awakening...he hasnt answered for quitting on the team in 2011 and the fans will be on him like white on rice...do yourselves a favor and get off this forum and simply scroll the comments on any article on Slosh in any new england newspaper....it is going to get ugly very quickly if he doesnt come out and pitch like the boss he is being paid to be...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Just make sure Josh goes to Iran sometime soon then, and my above post will solve both problems.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Links to Callahan article...read comments...pretty entertaining...and no Pike trying to control the flow of opinion...

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1403449&format=comments#CommentsArea

Republican article today on Beckett...more comments - this time from a liberal/dem paper

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2012/02/red_sox_pitcher_josh_beckett_d.html

the Buckettheads are in serious denial....they need to get out of this room and READ...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Read what Callahan's headline says though: 'To rebound, Sox need best of Beckett.'  That's quite a bit different from saying 'Sox need to get rid of Beckett.'

Sections
Shortcuts