Josh Beckett, already on the grind!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pike2. Show Pike2's posts

Re: Josh Beckett, already on the grind!

I wasn't aware that baseball opinions were influenced by whether a newspaper is conservative or liberal. I thought that sports writers opinions were the result of whether he is an Az-hole, trying to get ratings from the ignorant populace, or if he is just ignorant and stupid. Many writers are similar to radio jocks like Felger, Mazz, and Callahan and they are all ratings puppets. Those who believe everything that the jocks say on talk radio are real idiots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett, already on the grind!:
    you Buckettheads are in for a rude awakening...he hasnt answered for quitting on the team in 2011 and the fans will be on him like white on rice...do yourselves a favor and get off this forum and simply scroll the comments on any article on Slosh in any new england newspaper....it is going to get ugly very quickly if he doesnt come out and pitch like the boss he is being paid to be...
    Posted by georom4

You don't understand RS fans.  You sound like the guys that wanted the fans to boo Pedro when he returned to Fenway.  The stands shook with thunderous applause.  They will for Beckett as well.  RS fans know where their bread is buttered.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Josh Beckett, already on the grind!":
    In Response to Re: Josh Beckett, already on the grind! : You don't understand RS fans.  You sound like the guys that wanted the fans to boo Pedro when he returned to Fenway.  The stands shook with thunderous applause.  They will for Beckett as well.  RS fans know where their bread is buttered. Posted by Joebreidey
    I was at Fenway when Derek Lowe came back with the Braves. He got a thundering standing O walking from the bullpen to the dugout before the game, and that was 5 years after he threw his last pitch for the Sox. Beckett pitched a complete game shutout for the Sox win. You are correct, Joe, "real" fans understand these guys are human and choose to appreciate the good times and not whine about the bad all time...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pike2. Show Pike2's posts

Georom is probably a Red Sox fan but he likes to pout and tantrum in the BDC spotlight. In his mind the rest of RSN wasn't heartbroken and mad at the Sept. collapse, no it was only georom who was hurt. He needs to grow up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Let's see,

ERA 2.89 - 5th in the AL for starting pitchers.
    Earned Runs 62 -1st in the AL for pitchers with at least 30 starts
    Runs 65 - Tied for 1st in the AL for pitchers with at least 30 starts
    WHIP 1.03 - 4th in the AL among starting pitchers
    Hits 146 - 1st in the AL for pitchers with at least 30 starts
    Walks 52 -5th in the AL for pitchers with at least 30 starts

Yep,what a slacker.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

#1 in beer drinking and being unable to perform well late in the season when the team needed for him to stop the most embarrassing collapse in MLB season history! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

#1 in beer drinking and being unable to perform well late in the season when the team needed for him to stop the most embarrassing collapse in MLB season history! 
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

It should be taken into consideration that Beckett sprained his ankle on September 5th and had to come out of the game after 3 2/3 innings.After that injury his ERA jumped from 2.49 to 2.89 over his last 3 starts.Could it be that the jump in ERA was related to his ankle?Maybe,maybe not,but then again every player should be judged on a few games rather than the whole season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

What, really, does motivation have to do with whether Beckett can throw his curve ball for strikes??

I really think many of you place too much emphasis on determination, hustle, chemistry, willpower, motivation, and other intangibles. This isn't rugby- it isn't a matter of wearing your opponent down. Does last year's disaster REALLY have anything to do with how Beckett performs and executes on a pitch-by-pitch basis?

Don't post often, but had to say it. Too many baseless cliches round these parts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Stod, yes, we both hope that Beckett shows up for work fit and ready to perform at a high level for an entire season. We'll see, but the critics are all that stands between him mailing it in for 17 million a year.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Critics like you, you self-important tw*t?  Beckett was great last year until he hurt his ankle, particularly against the strong teams, and doesn't need "critics" to motivate himself.  You crazy anti-Beckites just can't accept that and need to feel like you have a voice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Beyond these trees, there is a forest.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

Beyond these trees, there is a forest.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Yeah...and some people keep running into the trees.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

It's good to note that Beckett came to ST early and looked good on the mound.  Now, we just need Valentine to re-program the cell phones of Beckett and his pals with "parental controls" which disable all calls to purveyors of fried chicken and beer!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

Lots of personal attacks here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BizzaroLaw. Show BizzaroLaw's posts

Well said

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

im all for giving beckett a new start...but to claim he was awesome last year after eating his way out of starts, and singlehandendly destroying our september, failing to win even a game against the lowly orioles, and winning just 13 games, is not awesome....
    get a grip...last year was a failure because of his attitude, conditioning, and late season futility....the only argument you can make is others were as bad...either way thats not 'awsome"

btw, real fans havent forgiven josh - they demand accountability...read the links i provided please before making these idiotic claims

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

im all for giving beckett a new start...but to claim he was awesome last year after eating his way out of starts, and singlehandendly destroying our september, failing to win even a game against the lowly orioles, and winning just 13 games, is not awesome.... get a grip...last year was a failure because of his attitude, conditioning, and late season futility....the only argument you can make is others were as bad...either way thats not 'awsome" btw, real fans havent forgiven josh - they demand accountability...read the links i provided please before making these idiotic claims
    Posted by georom4

real fans haven't forgotten josh in september.  real fans also haven't forgotten how he was a hoss all year before that, going out and beating the mighty yankee and rays almost every time, his numbers absolutely staggering outisde of his win total, which real fans also know is pretty misleading.

real fans, the ones who paid attention all year, see both the good and the bad and can't just paint a player in a one dimensional light that does not reflect the whole story of that player's season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett, already on the grind! : real fans haven't forgotten josh in september.  real fans also haven't forgotten how he was a hoss all year before that, going out and beating the mighty yankee and rays almost every time, his numbers absolutely staggering outisde of his win total, which real fans also know is pretty misleading. real fans, the ones who paid attention all year, see both the good and the bad and can't just paint a player in a one dimensional light that does not reflect the whole story of that player's season.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

my feelings about him are my own....i know what i want to see...but that doesnt mean i wont him to lose just to justify my opinion...what if josh comes back like a boss? that could happen...im open minded enough to that idea

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BizzaroLaw. Show BizzaroLaw's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett, already on the grind! : You don't understand RS fans.  You sound like the guys that wanted the fans to boo Pedro when he returned to Fenway.  The stands shook with thunderous applause.  They will for Beckett as well.  RS fans know where their bread is buttered.
    Posted by Joebreidey

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

I'm all for Beckett taking to the mound to do his talking for him because the press interviews are not his strong suit.  All for him having an "in your face" season for the chicken and beer hecklers.  He has his work cut out for him to regain a lot of fans' loss of respect - not so much for his poor showing in Sept - but for his attitude during and after.  No more excuses about a sore ankle (Schilling must love those) that was mentioned after the fact, well into the off season...
    and please, oh please tell me we will not continue to read such drivel as "tired cause my infant dgtr kept me up all night."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

and singlehandendly destroying our september,   Posted by georom4

I don't care how bad any player is on or off the field.  There is no way one player on a team of 25 (actually more with the expanded rosters) can single handedly destroy our team's September.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Personally, I am very happy that Beckett is a member of the Red Sox.  Say what you will about him, but when he's healthy, there are very few pitchers in baseball that I would give the ball to over him in a big game. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett, already on the grind! : I don't care how bad any player is on or off the field.  There is no way one player on a team of 25 (actually more with the expanded rosters) can single handedly destroy our team's September.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi

Beckett wasn't the problem in September...except for twisting his ankle and missing some time...even the games he lost to the O's were more on the Sox having nothing left in the Bullpen by September.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett, already on the grind! : Beckett wasn't the problem in September...except for twisting his ankle and missing some time...even the games he lost to the O's were more on the Sox having nothing left in the Bullpen by September.
    Posted by kannaman

It was a TEAM collapse.  There are so many factors that contributed to the team's downfall that trying to pin it on one thing is just silly.  Beckett is partly to blame too, IMO.  That said, he's one of the best pitchers in the league.  We need him on our team, and we need him pitching well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

No more excuses about a sore ankle (Schilling must love those) that was mentioned after the fact

He was pulled from a game when he was pitching a shutout.  He missed the next two starts.  It's not like it was pulled out of a hat.  

Sections
Shortcuts