Sabathia   3.08
    Nova   2.67

Weaver  3.15
    Haren   3.25

Lee   1.42
    Halladay   1.70

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

Re: Josh Beckett and Jon Lester 8.18 ERA in their last six starts

I think its pretty obvious, I HOPE, that the sox do not have a true Ace. All those guys you listed up there, besides Hellickson and Nova, consistantly get into the and beyond the 7th inning. Even at their best, Lester and Beckett have issues going further then the 6th.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Those are telling numbers Tom.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

So where are all the Lester supportors now?

The ones who jump down my throat when I say he isn't an ace?

Or the Beckett contract supporter lovers who get in my face when I yelled at Theo for giving him an extension?

Beckett Almost proved me wrong and I was thrilled with that.  Almost......

And Johnny "Chokes"?  Well, get ready to run and duck for cover IF he is given the ball IF there is a Thursday Playoff Game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

So where are all the Lester supportors now? The ones who jump down my throat when I say he isn't an ace? Or the Beckett contract supporter lovers who get in my face when I yelled at Theo for giving him an extension? Beckett Almost proved me wrong and I was thrilled with that.  Almost...... And Johnny "Chokes"?  Well, get ready to run and duck for cover IF he is given the ball IF there is a Thursday Playoff Game.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Easy Tiger.

Lester has a 2.57 ERA in 8 post-season games. 

He put up 2.97 home ERA 2008 - 2010, which is awesome as a lefty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Ah here we go again w/ Lesters PS ERA

ERA = as in AVERAGE = as in can be very misleading as in does not iterate CONSISTENCY NOR RECENCY

that goes back 5 years.

the first 4 games he pitched well

His ERA in 2008 (ALCS) and 2009 (ALDS) PS starts is FIVE

FIVE

that his last 2 post season series

Did you miss Game 3 of the 2008 ALCS?

He kept putting the ball into Longoria and Upton's wheelhouse - tell you what - let's wait and see if Johnny-Chokes get a rematch on Thursday and then we'll know our answer........Are you ready for that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett and Jon Lester 8.18 ERA in their last six starts:
    Ah here we go again w/ Lesters PS ERA ERA = as in AVERAGE = as in can be very misleading as in does not iterate CONSISTENCY NOR RECENCY that goes back 5 years. the first 4 games he pitched well His ERA in 2008 and 2009 PS starts is FIVE FIVE Did you miss Game 3 of the 2008 ALCS? He kept putting the ball into Longoria and Upton's wheelhouse - tell you what - let's wait and see if Johnny-Chokes get a rematch on Thursday and then we'll know our answer........Are you ready for that?
    Posted by andrewmitch

Only problem is that Lester is pitching tomorrow. Just saying.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Is that 100% certain?  I thought it wasn't decided?

Well, there is always the immortal Andino (guy is 10X less a hitter than Bucky Dent ever was) to take him deep......

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

At least thats what is reported today. I agree, I want to throw up everytime Andino gets a big hit...which these days is every game against the Sox.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Josh Beckett and Jon Lester 8.18 ERA in their last six starts:
    2011 September ERA: Shields   2.68 Hellickson   2.28 Price    3.03 Sabathia   3.08 Nova   2.67 Weaver  3.15 Haren   3.25 Lee   1.42 Halladay   1.70
    Posted by tom-uk

Makes it pretty clear that NONE of the Sox pitchers have earned their keep this year, and that therefore as a team, they do not deserve a postseason. Sad. But if I were an owner, with that payroll, and I failed to make the playoffs two years in a row, I would definitely fire the manager.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

How this for an classic ending

Sox and Rays win tonight

Tomorrow night the Rays win before the Sox game is over

Sox are down by 1 w/ Ellsbury on 2b.........Ortiz up.......2 men out.......and Kevin Gregg comes trolling out to the hill.............Gets Ortiz on 3 pitches.  Season Over.......Ortiz's last AB in a Sox uni.........Cowboy Up?  More like Crash and Burn........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Josh Beckett and Jon Lester 8.18 ERA in their last six starts:
    2011 September ERA: Shields   2.68 Hellickson   2.28 Price    3.03 Sabathia   3.08 Nova   2.67 Weaver  3.15 Haren   3.25 Lee   1.42 Halladay   1.70
    Posted by tom-uk

Now tell us what the above pitchers average innings per start is, I bet its more than 6.

By the way you left out Verlander/Fister.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Cleary both are key reasons we're in the position we're in. they both help lead us to the 9 game lead and they're both culprits in our demise...The sting of 2011 won't soon go away and although we're still in it...we're not among the best teams in the AL today...

That said, I'll continue to pull for the Sox and root for the Rays to implode tonight...If for no other reason than to end Maddon year...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

With all the other pitching disasters, if these 2 couild have stepped up a couple times in the last month the Red Sox would be getting ready for the play-offs.

Just goes to show this epic collapse is on each and every member of this team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

1 more win in April

One less Wakefield start

One less LOB

who knows, we may not be in this boat

I think the season can be summed up best by Johnny-Chokes:  "I don't care about games in April" - and there you have the season folks.  It was over at the same exact time it started. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Ah here we go again w/ Lesters PS ERA

ERA = as in AVERAGE = as in can be very misleading as in does not iterate CONSISTENCY NOR RECENCY

tha
    His ERA in 2008 and 2009 PS starts is FIVE

FIVE

5 ???

2008 PO  ERA  2.36
    1.  7 in  0 ER
    2. 7 in 0 ER
    3.  5.2 in  4 ER
    4.   7 in  3 ER

2009 PO  ERA  4.50
    1.  6 in  3 ER

ERA combined  2.76

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

200824BOSALALCSLTBR02.0004.9722000012.2148732015000531.2639.92.11.410.77.50
    200925BOSALALDSLLAA01.0004.501100006.04331405000281.3336.01.56.07.51.25

Source:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lestejo01.shtml

What is the aggregate of giving up 10 ER's over 18 2/3 IP?

Answer:  4.82, or approximately FIVE

Look at RECENCY - the 2008 ALCS and the 2009 ALDS - the most RECENT 2 PS series, look at this September, open your eyes, you will see Johnny-Chokes for what he really is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett and Jon Lester 8.18 ERA in their last six starts:
    1 more win in April One less Wakefield start One less LOB who knows, we may not be in this boat
    Posted by andrewmitch

Ultimate cop out.  Every team can look back and find a few games they should have won. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

me copping out?

besides, do you think Toronto or Cleveland or the A's are sitting around this week saying "golly gee if we just one that game back when we'd be in the playoffs"?

Sox will lose out by 1 game

that equates one bunt that wasn't laid down......or one pitcher left in too long....or one whatever..........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

me copping out? besides, do you think Toronto or Cleveland or the A's are sitting around this week saying "golly gee if we just one that game back when we'd be in the playoffs"? Sox will lose out by 1 game that equates one bunt that wasn't laid down......or one pitcher left in too long....or one whatever..........
    Posted by andrewmitch

And if TB had laid down one more bunt, not left one pitcher in too long, or whatever..... then they'd already be up a game or 2 and the Sox would be done.  You think  the Angels, Braves, Cardinals don't all have a few games they'd like to have to back.

It is the ultimate in myopic thinking and thus the ultimate cop out.  All these teams have know the importance of all their games, especially all the ones during the last 2-3 weeks.  One team doesn't get to have the market cornered on regretful outcomes and missed opportunities. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett and Jon Lester 8.18 ERA in their last six starts : And if TB had laid down one more bunt, not left one pitcher in too long, or whatever..... then they'd already be up a game or 2 and the Sox would be done.  You think  the Angels, Braves, Cardinals don't all have a few games they'd like to have to back. It is the ultimate in myopic thinking and thus the ultimate cop out.  All these teams have know the importance of all their games, especially all the ones during the last 2-3 weeks.  One team doesn't get to have the market cornered on regretful outcomes and missed opportunities. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards
    A realistic perspective.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Not saying that's not true but it certainly is different when you watch a 9 game lead evaporate. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

When you lose by one game, it can be said that you are .67 of one percent worse than the team that beat you out. All MLB teams have 10-20 games that they could have won if they were more fortunate such as balls that were foul by inches, balls hit hard but into the wind for outs, balls hit off the top of the wall, ball hit hard but right at someone, GRDs that could otherwise had been triples, bad hop hits, and bad calls by the umpires. The game is unpredictable and you need to take the bad luck with the good. Ideally the luck should even out over the 162 game season.

Sections
Shortcuts