Josh Beckett doing great things for the Dodgers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Josh Beckett doing great things for the Dodgers

0-5, 5.19 ERA

Left last night's game, trailing 4-0 after 3 innings, after 'tweaking' a groin muscle.

Manager Mattingly also hinted after the game that Beckett is dealing with some other 'things', though he wouldn't elaborate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Josh Beckett doing great things for the Dodgers

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

0-5, 5.19 ERA

Left last night's game, trailing 4-0 after 3 innings, after 'tweaking' a groin muscle.

Manager Mattingly also hinted after the game that Beckett is dealing with some other 'things', though he wouldn't elaborate.

Looks like a serious case of "Isuckitis".

Thanks again, Dodgers!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I can almost hear both of you calling me a hater or basher last June when I I was on Josh's case and wanted him dealt.

Congrats!

You got one right...

Feel better?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Well,.............he's LA's problem now.   LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm a little surprised because I thought Beckett would have a good year in his first full season after returning to the NL and a pretty big ballpark.  He had that one reall good year, 2007, in Boston, but over time became the reason for the big trade in 2012.  The Dodgers were willing to gamble because they needed to show their fan base they were serious about putting a good team together, plus AGon fits their demographics very well. 

What helped drive the Dodgers to the West Coast was the success of the Yankees, who continue to prosper despite all those injuries to their big guns, all of them high-priced.  Cashman and Girardi seem to be earning their pay this year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I bet Beckett is thinking about joining Manny in Taiwan.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Dodgers wanted Gonzo and thought CC would thrive better in that envorinment. Im sure they just figured that had to only deal with Beckett for 2 years. With his tude', Im glad hes not doing even remotely well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I can almost hear both of you calling me a hater or basher last June when I I was on Josh's case and wanted him dealt.

I will admit I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long long time, and probably too long.  We all make mistakes.  Hell, I make plenty of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I'm a little surprised because I thought Beckett would have a good year in his first full season after returning to the NL and a pretty big ballpark.  He had that one reall good year, 2007, in Boston, but over time became the reason for the big trade in 2012.  The Dodgers were willing to gamble because they needed to show their fan base they were serious about putting a good team together, plus AGon fits their demographics very well. 

What helped drive the Dodgers to the West Coast was the success of the Yankees, who continue to prosper despite all those injuries to their big guns, all of them high-priced.  Cashman and Girardi seem to be earning their pay this year. 

Beckett's good years are behind him. He was an excellent pitcher when he had a 95mph fastball, but now that his average fastball is down from 94.4 in 07 to 91.6 this year he can't get guys out. He is an example of someone who is too stubborn to change into a different kind of pitcher and his arrogance will be his downfall.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Yeah I defended him as well I still do not think it is attitude but now I see the downward spiral I failed to see before...mea culpa. mea culpa, mea cuipa.......Undecided

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Yeah I defended him as well I still do not think it is attitude but now I see the downward spiral I failed to see before...mea culpa. mea culpa, mea cuipa.......Undecided

I think he could be a decent middle reliever. With his salary, he would be the highest paid mop up guy ever.Don't expose him any more to clutch situations because his skills are almost totally eroded.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Josh Beckett (groin) could be placed on DL

Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said that Josh Beckett left Monday's start after three innings in part because he slightly strained his right groin muscle.

Beckett suffered the injury when he covered first base on a ground out in the third inning. While he insists that he's "healthy enough to pitch," the Dodgers could place him on the disabled list to make room for Zack Greinke's return. The veteran right-hander is 0-5 with a 5.19 ERA through eight starts this season.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I know it's easy to throw the guy under the bus, but let's not forget that he also had some real good years here and was once a contributor.

Sometimes with players, it's just time to move on.  Although he's not doing well, I hope he helps the Dodgers eventually.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

As much as he drove me nuts the last few years with the Sox...I'll always respect the guy.  Keep in mind the guy was MASTERFUL in 2007 and was a huge part in helping us win everything that year.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

In response to mryazz's comment:

when it comes to crawford, beckett and a-gone, 3 words sum it up:

THANK YOU, DODGERS!

Crawford hitting .321, 5 HRs, OPS .878

Gonzalez hitting .350, 4 HRs, OPS .917

Both are playing, not on DL

It appears that both are contributing to the Dodgers this season.  I always liked both of them and hope that they can continue to help their new team going forward.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Agon and Crawbust are doing well for the Dodgers.

Agon and Crawbust are doing well, and so is the immortal Punto for that matter.

The Dodgers also have your beloved Matt Kemp.

But their W-L record, ummm...sucks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I was against Beckett at the end, but refrained from criticizing him incessantly. Didn't see the point in belaboring the obvious. We owe 2007 to Josh and I will always be grateful to him for that. Other than that, I never liked his stubborness on the field. He never really developed into a pitcher who could use his smarts like Pedro or Schilling. (And he was often too slow covering first). 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Josh just failed to get on my core yoga program.  Don't know how many times I exhorted him to get on the mat.  Woulda salvaged his career.  All these little groin/back tweaks in recent years that have either shelved or, worse, kept him from finishing his pitches, thus turning him into his alter-ego Homerun Beckett, they could have been avoided.  Dude just never committed to the fitness necessary to prolong his career and keep him healthy.  Namaste Josh.