Josh Beckett doing great things for the Dodgers

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Josh Beckett doing great things for the Dodgers

out from under the microscope on the left coast. 

makes the grip on the bat a little less constrictive....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I was 100% correct about him and his terrible influence on the team - this is why he was dealt and this is why Ben constructed the team as he did in 2013 - all because of Beckett's cancer...

Having a warm spot for him because of 2007 is understandable - but he really frittered away his awesome talent with his poor attitude, terrible conditioning, and bullheaded choices....the best we could do was wait for every other year to happen to get something out of him and now he doesnt even have that....I wouldnt be surprised if the problems the manager alluded to had to do with personal demons/like drinking...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

There was a Pied Piper in here named Andrew who led a flock of other posters into thinking that Crawford would never hit again based on the fact that he started out poorly and had multiple injuries forthe Sox. Mob or peer behavior, I guess.

I could care less about Crawford's contract - he was signed to be a superstar and he was a huge bust - Andrew was right about CC....why try to change facts? Andrew was also the first to question the deal Beckett signed last time around and that was totally right....Pike what have you predicted? The end of the forum that you are now participating in under your 139th name...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Memo to Josh: "It's an odd year. What's going on?"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

There was a Pied Piper in here named Andrew who led a flock of other posters into thinking that Crawford would never hit again based on the fact that he started out poorly and had multiple injuries forthe Sox. Mob or peer behavior, I guess.

I could care less about Crawford's contract - he was signed to be a superstar and he was a huge bust - Andrew was right about CC....why try to change facts? Andrew was also the first to question the deal Beckett signed last time around and that was totally right....Pike what have you predicted? The end of the forum that you are now participating in under your 139th name...

Geo 27, Pike 0.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good ridance. Sad, he was once a very good pitcher.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Crawford was a bust to those who thought wrongly that he would never get beyond his injury and lack of confidence in being the target of the meanest media in the country. Yes he got over his injury and discomfort with the Boston media. He is doing fine now and LA was smart in signing him. Gonzo is also doing fine . Too many simpletons here on this forum who act like spoiled babies and have no patience.

He would never have done it here, and I was as strong a Crawford supporter as there is in this forum. He was toast here, and Gonzalez was one of the worst clutch hitters on that team. So dont show me a ".333 RISP avg.", beause that was a result of a ground ball single to center to score a run in the first, then a double play and strikeout in the 6th and 9th when you really needed a hit. He was borderline worthless, and would never have caught on here, not after the 2011 debacle where he almost completely disappeared after May.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

He was injured, on the DL, in surgery, all after starting out poorly. Based on that Andrewmitch predicted seven years of the same. Extremely illogical and unreasonable. Yet the forum meek sheep followed Andrew.  Mob behavior - no backbone.

Pike, I defended Crawford to the hilt when he was here, so dont bark up my tree. I only said that moving him was something that was good for the team, and had to be done. I turned on him when he started running his mouth about Boston and the media being to blame for his performance, the guy was just soft in the head and couldnt handle the pressure.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to mryazz's comment:

when it comes to crawford, beckett and a-gone, 3 words sum it up:

THANK YOU, DODGERS!

Crawford hitting .321, 5 HRs, OPS .878

Gonzalez hitting .350, 4 HRs, OPS .917

Both are playing, not on DL

It appears that both are contributing to the Dodgers this season.  I always liked both of them and hope that they can continue to help their new team going forward.  

Yup, they are both contributing to a last place team.

Sections
Shortcuts