Josh Beckett has given up 4HR's in 11 IP so far this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Josh Beckett has given up 4HR's in 11 IP so far this year

I know its still very early in the season, but it seems Josh is still on the fried chicken and  beer diet!

2013 stats: 2 GS, record 0-1, 11 IP, 12 Hits, 8 runs, 4 HR's and 4.91 ERA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Re: Josh Beckett has given up 4HR's in 11 IP so far this year

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

I know its still very early in the season, but it seems Josh is still on the fried chicken and  beer diet!

Giggity.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Crawford          .410

Gonzalez          .375

CC was never going to perform here in Boston. Its just not in his make up. Gonzo is west coast guy as well and wasnt a good "fit" here either. Good for them though. I hope both do well. As for Beckett...hehehe

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

And the reason we should care about this is?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Doubront & Lackey: 2 GS, record 0-1, 9.1 IP, 14 Hits, 5 ERs, 2 HRs and 4.82 ERA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Doubront & Lackey: 2 GS, record 0-1, 9.1 IP, 14 Hits, 5 ERs, 2 HRs and 4.82 ERA.

comparing our 4/5 pitchers, one whos returning after being out over a year with TJS and the other in his 2nd full season in MLB to their #3 seasoned Vet? Yeah, thats a good, and fair comarison.

heres a fair one.

Ryan dempster, our #3

2GS  record:0-1  10IP  8H 4ER  2HR  6BB  15K  3.60ERA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Crawford          .410

Gonzalez          .375

Paw, watched some of the Dodgers game on opening day. They were talking about how Gonzalez' swing had changed, due to his shoulder issues and surgery. He worked on it during ST and said old habits die hard but slowly but surely, he was returning to his old swing 

CC was never going to perform here in Boston. Its just not in his make up. Gonzo is west coast guy as well and wasnt a good "fit" here either. Good for them though. I hope both do well. As for Beckett...hehehe

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

2013 stats: 2 GS, record 0-1, 11 IP, 12 Hits, 8 runs, 4 HR's and 4.91

I really think Doubs is going to have an excellent year.  I think his long term prospects are very high, IF he can gain some consistency.  This kid has nasty stuff!  I'm not sure he's bright enough to seize upon his talent, but I used to think that about Buch.  Lackey was really looking promising, which is a huge departure from my bash all things Lackey reflexive stance.  I now hope he can come back strong.  A reliable #5 would be a huge bonus!

A locked in Douby would be a plus #3!  He's got the stuff if he can maintain focus!!!

Beckett?  :)   :)  We'll love him again in about 10 years.  We just need to have our pound of flesh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

As for Crawbaby, A-Gon, and even Punto???  Wouldn't you know it.  I will continute rooting against them!!!  BIG TIME!   :)

We only hold grudges for about a decade.  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

As for Crawbaby, A-Gon, and even Punto???  Wouldn't you know it.  I will continute rooting against them!!!  BIG TIME!   :)

We only hold grudges for about a decade.  :)

At least

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Crawford          .410

Gonzalez          .375

Paw, watched some of the Dodgers game on opening day. They were talking about how Gonzalez' swing had changed, due to his shoulder issues and surgery. He worked on it during ST and said old habits die hard but slowly but surely, he was returning to his old swing 

I knew he messed with his shoulder in that HR derby. Should have never done that, especially after having surgery. Im happy to see him doing well. I got a chance to talk to him at a ST game and hes a great person. I just dont think he was a great fit here. I knew CC wasnt going to work here. I was living in Tampa when they got the Rays. His attitude and make up is/was NOT a fit for the Boston market.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

comparing our 4/5 pitchers, one whos returning after being out over a year with TJS and the other in his 2nd full season in MLB to their #3 seasoned Vet? Yeah, thats a good, and fair comarison.

heres a fair one.

Ryan dempster, our #3

OK, you decide what is fair.

If Beckett was still here, My guess is he'd take Doubront or Lackey's place. (Doubront would probably have been traded.)

Perhaps we don't sign Dempster, if we didn't trade Beckett, so the comparison to Dempster is worthwhile, but I see no issue with pointing out that Beckett is not doing any worse than our bottom of rotation starters. Take from it what you want, but sometimes I think you read too much into my posts.

By season's end, let's compare Beckett to Dempster, Doubront and Lackey. Deal?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

heres a fair one.

Ryan dempster, our #3

OK, you decide what is fair.

If Beckett was still here, My guess is he'd take Doubront or Lackey's place. (Doubront would probably have been traded.)

Perhaps we don't sign Dempster, if we didn't trade Beckett, so the comparison to Dempster is worthwhile, but I see no issue with pointing out that Beckett is not doing any worse than our bottom of rotation starters. Take from it what you want, but sometimes I think you read too much into my posts.

By season's end, let's compare Beckett to Dempster, Doubront and Lackey. Deal?

Im not reading too much into it Moon. At least I dont think I am. I just saw a comparison and thought there was a more fair one to go by.

I think Beckett needed to change his style of pitching because after a number of years as a pure power pitcher, you could see a steep decline. Maybe hes in the middle of that transition. Either way, I think were better off without him. Id honestly rather our younger pitchers looking at the way Dempster approaches the game and deals with all baseball situations than Beckett. I also think by the end of the year, Dempster will have the better year.

I understand Im in the minority here, but Im cool with that.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

the more DOUB-IUS  keeps missng starts the better it is for the SOX.

Im ok with seeing what Webster can do if something happens to Doubie.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Addition by subtraction Moon.  At this point in their careers, I would take Doubs over Beckett any day for the week.  I honestly think Beckett is pretty much done.  His Texas Tough Guy act, without the heat anymore, will lead to his demise.  I think he's simply too bull headed to learn "pitching" without the heat.  Doubs is still "immature," and has trouble with focus after 5 innings, but if he can stay locked in for the 6th & 7th innings, he will be HUGE!  Add Becketts negative attitude to the mix, and it's NO CONTEST!  We have a far better SR without him, as Lester and Buch are already benefiting hugely from his depature.  They have clearly stepped it up, and I personally think it's inextricable from Beckett being GONE!  A-Gone!

If you put his departure in a vaccum, you have a good point.  It's the intangibles that you are overlooking?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

To me, Beckett's departure IS THE KEY to a much improved SR.  Are Buch and Lester near this good with Beckett still here?  No way of ever knowing for sure, but all the empirical data says NO WAY!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

To me, Beckett's departure IS THE KEY to a much improved SR.  Are Buch and Lester near this good with Beckett still here?  No way of ever knowing for sure, but all the empirical data says NO WAY!

They were in 2010. And with lester most of 2011, but I think Becketts time in Boston had come to an end regardless.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

And that ERA is in the National League where ERAs are generally lower.

Sections
Shortcuts