Josh Beckett on reaction from fans tomorrow: ‘Nothing I can control’-Will Beckett be booed tomorrow?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Josh Beckett on reaction from fans tomorrow: ‘Nothing I can control’-Will Beckett be booed tomorrow?

I'll be embarrassed, as a fan, if he is. true red sox fans support the team, good times and bad, who suffer through the losses and enjoy the wins. Never say die is what got us through the 86 years of disappointment; the heartbreak of 2003  made 2004 that much better. Beckett turns things around tomorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Josh Beckett on reaction from fans tomorrow: ‘Nothing I can control’-Will Beckett be booed tomorrow?

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett on reaction from fans tomorrow: ‘Nothing I can control’-Will Beckett be booed tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

i love the shirt. What happens in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse!!!Also tells me the snitch is still around and could be cause for concern all year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I think it would be a shame to ruin the start of Opening Day with boos.

However, if Beckett pitches batting practice again I would say let the boos ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

The Special Report by Robert Hohler is still on the page leading into this forum. Hasn't everyone, even the inmates at Guantanimo Bay have read that numerous times.  Does the Globe also want to inform us every day that Andy Rooney has passed away?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Say what you want about Beckett. The guy has always had a ton of talent, but sometimes it seems he rather be on his ranch hunting. He was RS best starter last year, but never same after ankle injury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett on reaction from fans tomorrow: ‘Nothing I can control’-Will Beckett be booed tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Beckett on reaction from fans tomorrow: ‘Nothing I can control’-Will Beckett be booed tomorrow? : i love the shirt. What happens in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse!!!Also tells me the snitch is still around and could be cause for concern all year.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

I kind of wonder if that shirt has been photo shopped to look like it has that on the front.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]I'll be embarrassed as a fan if he is. true red sox fans support the team, good times and bad, who suffer through the losses and enjoy the wins. Never say die is what got us through the 86 years of disappointment; the heartbreak of 2003made 2004 that much better. Beckett turns things around tomorrow.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Well said JBay.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]I'll be embarrassed as a fan if he is. true red sox fans support the team, good times and bad, who suffer through the losses and enjoy the wins. Never say die is what got us through the 86 years of disappointment; the heartbreak of 2003  made 2004 that much better. Beckett turns things around tomorrow.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Never say die because we had players who played hard and really cared.

There is absolutely no evidence that Beckett is going to all of a sudden pitch like a stud again.  None what so evah.  I expect more batting practice -like Danny Darwin in 1991 vs the Tribe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

He's not a very good pitcher.

That's no reason to boo him on opening day.  Yes, he's a mediocrity - but that happens to some players sooner than others.

Boo Luchino and Cherrington - they are the ones who went into the season with a lousy rotation.

They are also the people who signed Adrian "I refuse to care" Gonzalez.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Cherrington didn't sign Gonzalez and he inherited a mess from Theo

Drive to Chicago and boo Theo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

FAT-CAT BARRRRSTAD, will be driven from the park after 3 innings tomorrow !!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

Beckett deserves No Respect at All.  Have at him!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

Beckett will pitch a gem, and get a standing O. The turnaround starts tomorrow.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Say what you want about Beckett. The guy has always had a ton of talent, but sometimes it seems he rather be on his ranch hunting. He was RS best starter last year, but never same after ankle injury.
    Posted by garyhow[/QUOTE]

Although in his first start after the ankle injury he went six of seven innings and allowed just two runs to earn the win.

And he in his next start, he allowed just one run in his first six innings. His bad September came down to the last eight innings he pitched. After those six innings he allowed two in the seventh and two in the eighth.

His next start, his last, he pitched five scoreless innings before allowing a bunch in the sixth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I'll be embarrassed, as a fan, if he is. true red sox fans support the team, good times and bad, who suffer through the losses and enjoy the wins. Never say die is what got us through the 86 years of disappointment; the heartbreak of 2003  made 2004 that much better. Beckett turns things around tomorrow.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]Agreed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Beckett admitted that he made mistakes and didn't always use good judgment. He never ducks an interview after he hasn't pitched well, and he never makes excuses for his performance. Do people expect him to flagellate himself at home plate? It's not unusual for a baseball player -- or anyone in life, for that matter -- to complain about tales out of school. It's not unusual for the subjects of those tales to say that the stories are overblown, which is often the case.
    The man will go to the mound tomorrow and try his best. It may not be good enough. But it would still not be a good reason to boo him.
    The Red Sox need Beckett to have a good year. Fans should keep that in mind when they have the urge dump on him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

JBay I hope you are right, because he has something to prove to me as a man, and as a leader of this team. n response to "Re: Josh Beckett on reaction from fans tomorrow: ‘Nothing I can control’-Will Beckett be booed tomorrow?": [QUOTE]I'll be embarrassed, as a fan, if he is. true red sox fans support the team, good times and bad, who suffer through the losses and enjoy the wins. Never say die is what got us through the 86 years of disappointment; the heartbreak of 2003  made 2004 that much better. Beckett turns things around tomorrow. Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Boo the heck out of the bum. He gets paid to perform well or get it handed to him from the fans. No way should he get a free pass and a pile of money without a ton of backlash from the paying customer!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

If he's booed, which I doubt will happen. Not sure in the end it matters much, becasue he also knows that if he pitches well, then all will be forgiven and when he walks off the mound it will be to a rousing applause. That's the nature of his business. We the fans pay to be entertained by he the player. We the fans given the time honored tradition in all sport. Express oursleves through booing and applauding a player or the teams performance.

Thus if Beckett goes out and gets his azz handed to him, the boo birds will in full throat express thier displeasure for his performance and that of the team. Conversley if he keeps us in the game and pitches to his resume. He'll get the SOP applause when Valentine goes out to the hill to take the ball.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

As they say "Bad news sells newspapers."  This article was intended to sell them and unfortunately it has a very receptive audience just dying to jump off the Beckett bandwagon.  I notice each of the Beckett quotes is preceded by the writer setting him up for the kill with words of his choosing rather than an entire article by Beckett...selective journalism we used to call it in college.  I will wait to condemn him until after the season is over.  Meanwhile I will look for any hint of a rainbow over this team...and it will come.  Are the Sox the best team out there?  Probably not...but they are the only team I care about.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

If Beckett or Lester or Lackey get booed today, I would like to see them point up to the box where His Highness Larry "The Snitch" Lucchino is sitting and wave.  What happpened last September on the field happened ON THE FIELD.  That garbage about beer and chicken, I submit, had nothing to with what happened ON THE FIELD and was step one in Lucchino's plan to get rid of Francona and Theo so he could play Big Man.  Now he has his boy Bobby Valen-cchino managing and a new GM he can handle .... unlike Francona and Theo. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I trully hope he doesn't get booed on a home opening game.  If fans do, we are just throwing another fresh chunk of meat to the hungry media.  Please support the team. 

What if he throws complete game without allowing a run? First fans boo him and then cheer for him?? no..

Sections
Shortcuts