Josh Beckett vs. Justin Verlander-What are your expectations for tonight's pitching matchup?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Josh Beckett vs. Justin Verlander-What are your expectations for tonight's pitching matchup?

Fog and rain predicted, plus those two--definitely a pitching duel.

Verlander's very good, but I'm hoping our very lefty lineup can hit even a good righty. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Josh Beckett vs. Justin Verlander-What are your expectations for tonight's pitching matchup?

I am excited.  Verlander - Beckett.  This is what its all about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I just hope the weather holds. Should be a great pitching matchup, though those things rarely seem to happen when we expect it.

(I still remember the fuss over Clemens vs. Gooden in the '86 WS, Game Two I believe it was. Don't think either made it to the fifth).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett vs. Justin Verlander-What are your expectations for tonight's pitching matchup?:
    I just hope the weather holds. Should be a great pitching matchup, though those things rarely seem to happen when we expect it. (I still remember the fuss over Clemens vs. Gooden in the '86 WS, Game Two I believe it was. Don't think either made it to the fifth).
    Posted by LloydDobler

Was that game in the fog last night cool or what?  Especially for a pitchers duel like that.  Just added to the sense of forboding tension. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett vs. Justin Verlander-What are your expectations for tonight's pitching matchup?:
    In Response to Re: Josh Beckett vs. Justin Verlander-What are your expectations for tonight's pitching matchup? : Was that game in the fog last night cool or what?  Especially for a pitchers duel like that.  Just added to the sense of forboding tension. 
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Oh hell yeah!! It was hilarious when Salty's ball bounced off the wall you saw all those puddles on the warning track. I loved it!!
    Of course, had the Sox lost, I'd have complained about the game being played in those horrid conditions!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

For maybe the first time in my life I'm kind of hoping for a rain out.  Pushes the pitchers back a day, which means potentially one less start for Wake or Aceves and plus we got the Bruins to watch anyway tonight. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

If I believed in CERA, I would expect that if Salty was catching it would be another shutout. But I don't, and I expect Beckett to pitch into the 7th inning with 2 ER, 2BB, 7K's and one Passed Ball on Varitek.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett vs. Justin Verlander-What are your expectations for tonight's pitching matchup? : Oh hell yeah!! It was hilarious when Salty's ball bounced off the wall you saw all those puddles on the warning track. I loved it!! Of course, had the Sox lost, I'd have complained about the game being played in those horrid conditions!
    Posted by LloydDobler

I recognize it could have been the ominous nature of fog, or the vodka I was consuming, or a combo platter of both, but Buchholz looked MEAN.  Like Wolverine mean.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

well, tonite they are saying a 50% chance of showers. last nite was much worse. I think that it will be clear enough for them to get it in. I think that Josh is gonna give the tigers one helluva run for their money. plus, verlander against alot of our lefties as has been stated is good odds. dare I say maybe gonzo or papi goes yard?

let's just get a W huh gang!

GO SOX

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Oh, theyre getting this one tonight, one way or another.  no way they cancel three games in the first two months of the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Go 101st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

well, tonite they are saying a 50% chance of showers. last nite was much worse. I think that it will be clear enough for them to get it in. I think that Josh is gonna give the tigers one helluva run for their money. plus, verlander against alot of our lefties as has been stated is good odds. dare I say maybe gonzo or papi goes yard? let's just get a W huh gang! GO SOX
    Posted by Hammah29r2

no worries.... boston weather forcasted rain in the am, gradual improvement throughout the day. it has finally stopped raining in CT and it is starting to dry out ......Go get 'em Becks.... six starightCool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

though i have no dog in this fight, this is the kind of matchup you hope both guys are on..well for value purposes anyway..Tongue out...i guess a Sox or Tigger fan would hope their guy was just a bit better that night... but still,it's the kind you love to see... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

actually Jete, it would really break my heart if Verlander didnt have it tonightTongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

actually Jete it would really break my heart if Verlander didnt have it  tonight
    Posted by J-BAY
    oh, i'm sure.....Tongue out 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Sox are built to beat good righties.  Tonight will be a great test if the weather holds.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

well, the SOX didn't show much life with COKE;
    hopefully, VERLANDER doesn't bring his A game and BECKETT does.
    should be low scoring; 3-2 will be the winning score.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Josh Beckett vs. Justin Verlander at Fenway tonight,

For a change, the tarp is off the field here at Fenway, and the sky appears to be clearing
    . That’s good news for baseball fans, because tonight’s game figures to feature a vintage pitching matchup between Red Sox right-hander Josh Beckett and Tigers ace Justin Verlander. A look at how they’ve pitched lately:

BECKETT (Herald photo by Matthew Healey)
    May 14, at Yankees: 6 IP, 4 H, 0 R/ER, 2 BB, 9 K
    May 9, vs. Twins: 7 IP, 6 H, 0 R/ER, 1 BB, 5 K
    May 4, vs. Angels: 4.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R/ER, 3 BB, 3 K (left because of 2-hour, 35-minute rain delay)
    Last 7 starts: 3-0, 1.36 ERA, 46.1 IP, 26 H, 11 BB, 45 K

VERLANDER
    May 13, vs. Royals: 8 IP, 2 H, 1 R/ER, 3 BB, 7 K
    May 7, at Toronto: 9 IP, 0 H, 0 R/ER, 1 BB, 4 K
    May 2, vs. Yankees: 6 IP, 8 H, 3 R/ER, 4 BB, 8 K
    Last 7 starts: 3-3, 2.65 ERA, 51.0 IP, 33 H, 15 BB, 45 K

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Go 101st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks majorleague. thanks alot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

No, thank you, a lot, but not near enough.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

Oh, theyre getting this one tonight, one way or another.  no way they cancel three games in the first two months of the season.

Posted by SpacemanEephus

Ummmmm...psst...don't tell anyone this Space, but the Yanks had 3 rainouts in the first month.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Beckett vs. Justin Verlander-What are your expectations for tonight's pitching matchup? : Ummmmm...psst...don't tell anyone this Space, but the Yanks had 3 rainouts in the first month.
    Posted by --The--Babe--1

Rats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

filthy and very filthy...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

spoke too soon......heavy rain in Boston; the tarp is back on the field

Sections
Shortcuts