Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd.

In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd.:
    [QUOTE]Oh okay. Now we all know it was Carls wrist that caused him to fall on his face all 2011. 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

It's possible, but less likely.  You need to look at proximate causes.  If a pitcher pitches badly, then it is discovered that he needs TJ surgery, it is reasonable to correlate the injury and the pitching badly.

When a guy like Youk carries a .888 OPS thru 8/2, and a .538 afterwards, and then you learn that he has a sports hernia, it is reasonable to conclude the the former and the latter were related.

This is like last year when the absolute morons were claiming that Ellsbury wasn't really hurt and was just jaking it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]It is very likely that the OP of this topic has never been involved in any team activity to make the statement he is making. Just because someone buys a ticket and supports the team doesn't give them rights to know everything about the players OFF THE FIELD. So beckett is right, like any family, what goes on behind closed doors stays there. How easy it is for some people to scapegoat beer and chicken into the reason for the team's collapse...diverting the truth of the matter that injuries to Youkilis and Beckett himself, as well as poor performances by just about everyone,  except Ellsbury, was the true reason this team failed in 2011. So another one of the 'bite my nose to spite my face' crew wants to DFA Beckett for speaking the truth about one of team sports unwritten rules. To mention Beckett and Manny Ramirez, the quitting PED user, in the same breath is reason enough to understand the OP is clueless.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

Beckett isnt right about anything - the only people who accept this tripe are on this board....go talk to some real Sox fans who could care less about baseball reference.com and ask them if beckett is "right" - then go directly to your dentist to get your teeth replaced...

Imagine if Slosh Buckett pulled this stunt on the Patriots during a game? But then again all you bootlickers were defending Francona until the day he was fired. You never learn...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : Without knowing, we basically don't know how his ankle felt on that first start.  Missing two starts is a clear admission that he was hurt.  Past that, everything else is speculation.  It's just that, imho, if a player comes back from an injury and doesn't play to their potential, I think it's reasonable to assume the injury is bothering him.   There can't really be a whole lot of doubt about that.  I assume Lackey and Dice were both pitching with bad arms since they both had operations.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]
    Perhaps the Sox had the example of Dizzy Dean in mind. He altered his delivery to accommodate a wounded toe, and hurt his arm. If so, it's not likely that the team put Beckett out there when the injury was still bothering him. Or kept him out there when he was bothered. Not with a bad ankle. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

No offense but I find it a bit funny when you start a thread calling someone a crybaby and the tone of the whole thread is that of a crybaby. We all know the few that hate Beckett, but we need pitching.......haven't we had this argument in here enough this offseason? When you start talking about the same **** over and over again, you know the season can't start soon enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]No offense but I find it a bit funny when you start a thread calling someone a crybaby and the tone of the whole thread is that of a crybaby. We all know the few that hate Beckett, but we need pitching.......haven't we had this argument in here enough this offseason? When you start talking about the same **** over and over again, you know the season can't start soon enough.
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

I know CTRED -  It is my fault that meathead Buckett totally validated everything I said about him this off season with his interview in which he blames the messengers of his selfishness and not himself...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Someone should ask Slosh Buckett if Francona thinks his behavior was no big deal....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-Bay-Fan. Show J-Bay-Fan's posts

JOSH BECKETT IS BETTER THAN YOU THINK... KEEP BECKETT

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

[ the only people who accept this tripe are on this board....go talk to some real Sox fans who could care less about baseball reference.com and ask them if beckett is "right" - then go directly to your dentist to get your teeth replacedPosted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Why spend so much time on this board, when you can go talk to "real" fans?  Is real fans synonymous with morons?

Bringing up the NFL is stupid.  Contracts aren't guaranteed, careers shorter, 10x less games, players don't play every 5th game,....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : Perhaps the Sox had the example of Dizzy Dean in mind. He altered his delivery to accommodate a wounded toe, and hurt his arm. If so, it's not likely that the team put Beckett out there when the injury was still bothering him. Or kept him out there when he was bothered. Not with a bad ankle. 
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]
    Let me add that the Sox thought they had a safe lead in the WC race. Why would they risk Beckett's health when they knew he would be the Big Pitcher in the playoffs? He must have been physically good to go -- as long as he was effective. IIRC, he fell off somewhat late in 2009, when, presumably, he was in good health. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : [ the only people who accept this tripe are on this board....go talk to some real Sox fans who could care less about baseball reference.com and ask them if beckett is "right" - then go directly to your dentist to get your teeth replacedPosted by georom4[/QUOTE] Why spend so much time on this board, when you can go talk to "real" fans?  Is real fans synonymous with morons? Bringing up the NFL is stupid.  Contracts aren't guaranteed, careers shorter, 10x less games, players don't play every 5th game,....
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

tom, you must bear with georom, he is a clueless poster here who probably has never participated in a team sport, or any sport for that matter, in his life and then tries to post comments like he knows what other real Sox fans think, and even worse he thinks he's one of them!

With real fans like him the team would have moved to Anchorage by now.

Plus, how cluesless is he when he references the Patriots in his argument...the same team that never leaks ANYTHING from their locker room.

The fact that Beckett admitted it was a mistake ehat happened in the clubhouse, the truth is, it had nothing to do with the end result of the team on the field. The clueless ones believe that the players on the field were really upset that the non-playing pitchers weren't on the bench watching them so they stopped trying.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : Why spend so much time on this board, when you can go talk to "real" fans?  Is real fans synonymous with morons? Bringing up the NFL is stupid.  Contracts aren't guaranteed, careers shorter, 10x less games, players don't play every 5th game,.... Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE] tom, you must bear with georom, he is a clueless poster here who probably has never participated in a team sport, or any sport for that matter, in his life and then tries to post comments like he knows what other real Sox fans think, and even worse he thinks he's one of them! With real fans like him the team would have moved to Anchorage by now. Plus, how cluesless is he when he references the Patriots in his argument...the same team that never leaks ANYTHING from their locker room. The fact that Beckett admitted it was a mistake that happened in the clubhouse, the truth is, it had nothing to do with the end result of the team on the field. The clueless ones believe that the players on the field were really upset that the non-playing pitchers weren't on the bench watching them so they stopped trying.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

this really made my day...thanks for the laugh....

btw, were not talking about the Patriots spin control, we are talking about their policy of putting the team first and holding players accountable....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE] this really made my day...thanks for the laugh.... btw, were not talking about the Patriots spin control, we are talking about their policy of putting the team first and holding players accountable....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Every post I read of yours makes me laugh, not just selective ones...

What is your examples of Beckett putting himself before the team last season?? You have such an axe to grind against the guy that it is influencing your common sense and judgement.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Sox must really be a dog....you know, he's sees his master go out for a walk and then when he comes back 30 minutes later, the dog acts like he hasnt seen him in 5 years...

Did you even read/listen to his "interview"? I guess not...or you forgot like the bootlicking dog you are. What happens in the clubhouse should stay in the clubhouse? Blaming the entire team for his actions? Where is his beloved manager? Out of work because that ingrate couldnt muster enough respect for him to act like a human being when he wasnt pitching. Your boy is going to go down hard this season - he is a perfect example of what is wrong with sports today....and you are a perfect example of the enabling sports fan who makes it all happen by fawning all over these pampered pukes, even when they betray their own team/fans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]Sox must really be a dog....you know, he's sees his master go out for a walk and then when he comes back 30 minutes later, the dog acts like he hasnt seen him in 5 years... Did you even read/listen to his "interview"? I guess not...or you forgot like the bootlicking dog you are. What happens in the clubhouse should stay in the clubhouse? Blaming the entire team for his actions? Where is his beloved manager? Out of work because that ingrate couldnt muster enough respect for him to act like a human being when he wasnt pitching. Your boy is going to go down hard this season - he is a perfect example of what is wrong with sports today....and you are a perfect example of the enabling sports fan who makes it all happen by fawning all over these pampered pukes, even when they betray their own team/fans.

CLUELESS and PATHETIC!!

Wow I guess whoever asked you if you were 6 was not asking a stupid question, really ingenius comments about me beng a dog...yeah, and your mother wears army boots!

So are you interpreting his comment of 'what goes on in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse' as Beckett blaming his teammates for something?? First what in the world are you talking about??

You seem to forget that Beckett got hurt and came back, maybe before he was ready, to try and help the team win! But then again, you don't see these things with your biased blinded glasses.

I don't bootlick any athlete, but I will defend them when ignoramuses make unsubstantiated comments because they have an axe to grind!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the only pain Beckett was suffering from last yr was indigestion...and yes beckett was telling all of us to go pound salt for his behavior and that you dont have the right to know anything

by the way, what part of not watching your teammates on your off days and choosing to drink and eat in the clubhouse during games is not selfishness?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

We need five Becketts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : Let me add that the Sox thought they had a safe lead in the WC race. Why would they risk Beckett's health when they knew he would be the Big Pitcher in the playoffs? He must have been physically good to go -- as long as he was effective. IIRC, he fell off somewhat late in 2009, when, presumably, he was in good health. 

Perhaps he was cleared physically, but mentally he was still slightly favoring that ankle for fear of reinjuring it.  It might have even been an unconscious thing, on his part.  Just the slightest tweak in his delivery or the way he landed could account for his numbers falling off after the injury.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]We need five Becketts.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

We should be so lucky Joey.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]the only pain Beckett was suffering from last yr was indigestion...and yes beckett was telling all of us to go pound salt for his behavior and that you dont have the right to know anything by the way, what part of not watching your teammates on your off days and choosing to drink and eat in the clubhouse during games is not selfishness?

People who have played team sports will agree with Beckett...it's none of your darn business what goes on in the clubhouse, so he is telling you to go pound sand...TOUGH!

How is it affecting anything if he was in the clubhouse or dugout watching the game...that makes him selfish...WHY are you not coming down on Lester and Buchholz and Wakefield and Lackey for doing that same god darn thing??

Players drinking alcoholic beverages during the game is not right, no matter where they are, but funny you put all the blame on Beckett and the others get a free ride...if you want to DFA Beckett, then Lester & Buchholz need to go with him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

josh was the ringleader, he has a history of it, he is paid to be the ace/vet leader, and he refuses to take responsibility for his actions....Lester manned up much earlier and more honestly...he didnt blame other like buckett...

good enough reasons?

and clay???? you are equating him to josh? i though he was out for the season....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Players drinking alcoholic beverages during the game is not right, no matter where they are, but funny you put all the blame on Beckett and the others get a free ride...if you want to DFA Beckett, then Lester & Buchholz need to go with him.

Because he likes them.  When they were drinking, it was because they were developing camraderie and being leaders.

First there was Law, then there was Softlaw, then there was Geo-all driven insane by this forum.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]josh was the ringleader, he has a history of it, he is paid to be the ace/vet leader, and he refuses to take responsibility for his actions....Lester manned up much earlier and more honestly...he didnt blame other like buckett... good enough reasons? and clay???? you are equating him to josh? i though he was out for the season....

And you know he was the ringleader how?

And spare me the "He's the leader of the rotation" BS. That's not proof.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : Let me add that the Sox thought they had a safe lead in the WC race. Why would they risk Beckett's health when they knew he would be the Big Pitcher in the playoffs? He must have been physically good to go -- as long as he was effective. IIRC, he fell off somewhat late in 2009, when, presumably, he was in good health. 

THere is a big difference between the somewhat gradual dropoff from 3 eyars ago, which is also completely irrelevant to 2 starts from last Spetember.

But that you for telling us Josh was not hurt and not in pain.  Most people have no way of knowing this kind of information about a complete stranger...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

So for misbehaving, you want to pay him $17 million a year to play somewhere else for the next 3 seasons?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]josh was the ringleader, he has a history of it, he is paid to be the ace/vet leader, and he refuses to take responsibility for his actions....Lester manned up much earlier and more honestly...he didnt blame other like buckett... good enough reasons? and clay???? you are equating him to josh? i though he was out for the season....

FIRST jOSH AGREED WITH WHAT lESTER SAID AS i READ THE ARTICLE. sO HE DID "MAN UP" FOR WHAT HAPPENED.

SECOND WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CLUBHOUSE SHOULD STAY IN THE CLUBHOUSE.
    YES YOU CAN DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON  WHAT THEY DO ON THE FIELD. HOWEVER YOU CAN ALSO DO THE SAME FOR CELEBRITIES AS YOU STATED BUT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN THEIR DRESSING ROOMS JUST LIKE THE CLUB HOUSE.

THIRD THE TEAM BLEW IT ON THE FIELD AND JOSH STATED IF THEY HAD PITCHED AND PLAYED BETTER IT WOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE AND THAT IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE.

LASTLY JUST AS THE PATS HAVE NO LEAKS FROM THEIR LOCKER ROOM I HOPE THE 'RAT' WHO WAS THE ANNONYMOUS LEAK GETS HIS "WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND'.

BTW I ALSO BELIEVE THE WHOLE DEAL WAS MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING.
    I DO BELIEVE THAT SOME PLAYER BEYOND JOSH AND JON DID NOT FOLLOW TERRY THIS YEAR.