Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd.

In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd.:
    [QUOTE]josh was the ringleader, he has a history of it, he is paid to be the ace/vet leader, and he refuses to take responsibility for his actions....Lester manned up much earlier and more honestly...he didnt blame other like buckett... good enough reasons? and clay???? you are equating him to josh? i though he was out for the season....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

You truly are unbelievable...When/Where/How did Beckett blame someone else for what happened in September, or in the clubhouse? If you interpreted that at any point in his comments recently then you truly are not understanding things and for that I feel sorry for your lack of comprehension skills.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I almost have grown to hate Josh Beckett, and yet I still think since there are no viable alternative options, he should continue to be on the Sox staff. Unless it was a straight top-of-the-line starter for Beckett in the rotation, Josh is still an asset. And yet I feel exactly how geo does about a lot of things concerning Josh the person.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : THere is a big difference between the somewhat gradual dropoff from 3 eyars ago, which is also completely irrelevant to 2 starts from last Spetember. But that you for telling us Josh was not hurt and not in pain.  Most people have no way of knowing this kind of information about a complete stranger...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]
    I am far from a compete stranger to how pitching injuries are handled. If Josh Beckett was put back on the mound in pain when the Sox had a comfortable lead in the WC race, both he and the Sox were not nuts. In all likelihood he was good to go physically. There has been no information from any source to the contrary.
    Sudden drop-offs have been known to happen to pitchers who don't finish strong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Of course I meant "were nuts." I never heard the words "sprain" or "pain" used by anyone in a position to know in connection with Beckett's ankle event. He appears to have rolled his ankle, which a pitcher can do fielding a bunt, covering a base, or slipping on a mound. If in fact that was the case, the Sox played it safe by holding Beckett out two starts. Even so, my guess is that the ankle was supported and taped when he returned to action.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Seeing the full interview on Intentional Talk, I was impressed with how well Beckett handled it.  He was honest and didn't dodge a single issue.  He doesn't pretend to be an altar boy, and is absolutely justified in saying that things should stay within clubhouse walls. It's so easy (and typical of the Boston media) to pick a few excerpts out of context just to cause a stir. Having seen and heard this, I'm more comfortable that he will be solid, barring injury of course.  I don't think we'll be seeing the 2008 version of Pudge Beckett in a few weeks.
    Posted by phxvlsoxfan[/QUOTE]

Herein lies the mistrust of the media by players like Jim Rice.  The whole conversation can be completely tailored to the point of view or intent of the writer when the sound clips/quotes are used out of context. 

If someone wants to misuse an interview, they can do that. And it feeds the rabble they are catering to.    I was taught journalism is a neutral place where only facts are presented.  We know that is far, far from the case.  That is why I rarely read CHBs stuff.  Who needs the negative constantly amplified - or even openly constructed out of fluff?  It's already there - I mean the negative is already there.  Only a maroon (sic) cannot tell that.  But hounding on it and amplifying it, usually without intent for a positive response or successful end, only stirs flames.  

On the other hand ...

I don't feel comfortable with the "circle the bandwagon" idea Josh brings out that the clubhouse is a sanctum.  Not if it is a place where misbehavior is sanctioned.  I do fully accept it should be a place where a guy should be able to go around with his hair down, relaxed - maybe - and focus on the game ahead.  But that idea seems long dead...since we invite the media in. ("We" ... not me, but the corporate we... thank God we never did that in high school or my very small college. I can't imagine the ruckus.) That idea, first line of paragraph,- and I know this is an extreme - is just exactly what leads to the behavior at Penn State not being found out earlier.  The locker room isn't a lawyer's office or a minister/priest's confessional.  Bad deeds ought not be sanctioned.

In the end, these guys are grown ups. They ought to act like it. There is a certain let down when we see them misusing the corporate trust (even the rich contracts) we place in them.    I don't mean they can't be clowns or goof balls, but they should be protecting their bodies from harm and considering their team in their behavior. Old fashioned, I know ... but I guess that's the level of competition I grew up in ... the athlete prepared to produce so the team could do well.  

I hope Josh gets more mature this season.  I hope Bobby V can help him stay focused.  I also hope that Lackey is missing from the equation completely so they don't feed off each other.  Especially since Lackey isn't going to be in ANY game day situation at all this season.

Now I'm falling into it ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : Beckett isnt right about anything - the only people who accept this tripe are on this board....go talk to some real Sox fans who could care less about baseball reference.com and ask them if beckett is "right" - then go directly to your dentist to get your teeth replaced... Imagine if Slosh Buckett pulled this stunt on the Patriots during a game? But then again all you bootlickers were defending Francona until the day he was fired. You never learn...

This board doesn't mirror Red Sox Nation one bit. Where I live and work the fans want Beckett out of town on the next plane. I'll gladly pay for the ticket.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : This board doesn't mirror Red Sox Nation one bit. Where I live and work the fans want Beckett out of town on the next plane. I'll gladly pay for the ticket.
    Posted by NunciRom[/QUOTE]

Interesting.

What part of the Bronx do you live and work in?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : Interesting. What part of the Bronx do you live and work in?
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

jeez Pike...I mean Joey....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : This board doesn't mirror Red Sox Nation one bit. Where I live and work the fans want Beckett out of town on the next plane. I'll gladly pay for the ticket.

OK so this dude has to be georom's alter ego...spewing the same garbage. Where do you  live and work, in New York??

Putting all the fault on Beckett for what transpired with the ENTIRE starting rotation is just inappropriate. The fact is Lester, Buchholz, Lackey AND Wakefield did the same things, but nobody is trying to run Lester and Buchholz out of town.

The entire clubhouse fiasco has been blown way out of proportion...were you trying to run Millar out of town in 2004 when they were doing Jack Damiel shots in the clubhouse?? Were you even a Sox fan back then?

BTW, real Red Sox fans do not require a 'Red Sox Nation' membership card, that's solely for the pinkhats amongst us.

I think if someone took a poll here, that most real Sox fans would not want to get Beckett out of town unless something of equal or better value in return. Because for most of us, it is the well being of the team that takes precedence over our personal emotions.

NUFCED!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I don't mean they can't be clowns or goof balls, but they should be protecting their bodies from harm and considering their team in their behavior. Old fashioned, I know ... but I guess that's the level of competition I grew up in ... the athlete prepared to produce so the team could do well.  

I hope Josh gets more mature this season.  I hope Bobby V can help him stay focused.  I also hope that Lackey is missing from the equation completely so they don't feed off each other.  Especially since Lackey isn't going to be in ANY game day situation at all this season.

That's one way to look at it, and I don't necessarily disagree.  I'd like Beckett to be more mature, or at least a little less obvious.

OTOH, while he isn't a great clubhouse leader, he is a leader on the field.  We have players on the team that don't show up for the NYY and TBR games.

You probably need a mixture of both field leaders and clubhouse leaders.  Anyone that doesn't want Beckett to start the ALCS game #1 against the NYY just has different priorities, imho.  On that day, I want Beckett more so than any pitcher in the game.

Just for fun, ask the NYY fans whether they'd want Sabathia or Beckett in that spot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : jeez Pike...I mean Joey....

There are more people in the Bronx that want Beckett traded than all of the RSN.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : OK so this dude has to be georom's alter ego...spewing the same garbage. Where do you  live and work, in New York?? Putting all the fault on Beckett for what transpired with the ENTIRE starting rotation is just inappropriate. The fact is Lester, Buchholz, Lackey AND Wakefield did the same things, but nobody is trying to run Lester and Buchholz out of town. The entire clubhouse fiasco has been blown way out of proportion...were you trying to run Millar out of town in 2004 when they were doing Jack Damiel shots in the clubhouse?? Were you even a Sox fan back then? BTW, real Red Sox fans do not require a 'Red Sox Nation' membership card, that's solely for the pinkhats amongst us. I think if someone took a poll here, that most real Sox fans would not want to get Beckett out of town unless something of equal or better value in return. Because for most of us, it is the well being of the team that takes precedence over our personal emotions. NUFCED!
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

Sox....I actually agree with you that it wasnt just Beckett.....but arent you being a little disingenious by throwing Clay under the bus when his conditioning was not an issue given his inability to pitch/injury? Also, you conveniently ignore the fact that Beckett has a history of this selfish behavior...and according to his ex manager, it was so bad that he had devise a middle-school like hall pass system to keep beckett in line......So is it kosher to say Beckett was the ringleader? Did he let his team down? Did his behavior doom the Sox, not only on the field but morale-wise?  Are you capable of honest answers? I await your good word...

btw I have no idea who Nunzio is but I guess he must be me because he's Italian and hates Beckett

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : Sox....I actually agree with you that it wasnt just Beckett.....but arent you being a little disingenious by throwing Clay under the bus when his conditioning was not an issue given his inability to pitch/injury? Also, you conveniently ignore the fact that Beckett has a history of this selfish behavior...and according to his ex manager, it was so bad that he had devise a middle-school like hall pass system to keep beckett in line......So is it kosher to say Beckett was the ringleader? Did he let his team down? Did his behavior doom the Sox, not only on the field but morale-wise?  Are you capable of honest answers? I await your good word... btw I have no idea who Nunzio is but I guess he must be me because he's Italian and hates Beckett

OK, let me step back a second...I didn't know you were a pisano!! I have a bit of that Italian temper and when appropriate I can be just as unforgiving as the next guy...case in point...Manny the despicable man-child, quitting PED user.

The fact that I included Buchholz in this is because although he was injured, he still accompanied the other guys, sending the same 'so-called' message that you say Beckett is sending. Please prove to me how Beckett was the ring-leader in this, who says he didn't follow along with something that Lackey or Lester initiated??

As I have stated before, what happened in the clubhouse on these guys non-pitching days likely had ZERO impact on what was happening on the field...I think you put way too much emphasis on this.

If you want to complain about Beckett not pitching consistently over the years and not earning his paycheck on the field, then lets have that discussion...but I'm still waiting for YOU to substantiate that he has shown selfishness toward his teammates? When has he put himself above the team??

As a matter of fact, pitchers like Lester and Buchholz and others have been on record to say that Beckett's work ethic in preparing to pitch a game is one of the best there is.

If you want to run Beckett out of town, all I ask is that in doing so, a pitcher of equal or similar value is brought in to replace him in the rotation because for me it is about the welfare of the team, not my personal feelings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

doggy, lets be real - a guy who would rather drink a beer and order take-out during a game than watch his teammates is selfish and stupid.....no other way to put it....if you cant see that, i cant make you see anything....but based on your hard-headedness, i know you must be a paisan!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Geo - gotta blame Theo for giving him that fat exentsion.

Do you recall what one primary reseason Theo cited for the generous, and early extension?  It was because Theo believed he was a leader and a role model for the younger pitchers. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]doggy, lets be real - a guy who would rather drink a beer and order take-out during a game than watch his teammates is selfish and stupid.....no other way to put it....if you cant see that, i cant make you see anything....but based on your hard-headedness, i know you must be a paisan!

OK fine, but selfish is not really the right word, it's more disrespect for the game...but now you be real and place the same EXACT BLAME and disrespect for the game on Lester, Wakefield, Lackey and Buchholz.

I do not condone what those guys did but I am not going to be naive enough to place all the responsibility on the shoulders of one player, Beckett.

How about you take a look in the mirror and realize it's your hard-headedness that is even more prevalent on this topic. You need to come to the realization that what those guys were doing in the clubhouse had no bearing on what the players were doing on field.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm sure Pedey struck out once because he glanced over and saw a Beckett-free dugout.

Undecided

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Why waste time reading and responding to Georom4. Do like I have, put him on IGNORE. It's like the story of if a tree fell in the forest if no one was around to hear it was there any noise to hear. If we all put this moron on ignore no one has to read his foolish ramblings and waste time responding. If he was capable of responding in an intelligent manner and carrying on a reasonable discussion, meaning that he could recognize other opinions and respect them that would be fine, but Georom4 only respects his own feeble opinions and no one else.

As I've said to a few other Trolls on this board. To Georom4 I say good night !!
    Do not waste your precious time responding because I will not be responding. 

Hetchinspete 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NunciRom. Show NunciRom's posts

Jeez, you bootlickers are still pickin on my brother George.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Jeez, you bootlickers are still pickin on my brother George.

lol Pike

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd.:
    [QUOTE]Reading his crybaby tripe about how the clubhouse culture should never be known or explained to fans (that help pay his salary and root for him) was the ultimate in meatheadness. This ingrate should be shown the door. He is overweight, overpaid, and an embarrassment. I would rather win 85 games without this moron than watch him pitch for the Sox ever again. A meathead like this, like Randy Moss, Manny, etc, will do himself in sooner rather than later. How long is Buckett going to last between Valentine & the Fenway faithful calling him out when he does his normal even year suckage?
    I am saddened that a 31-year-old playing a kid's game could inspire such animosity on your part.

That says more about you than it says about Josh Beckett.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : I am saddened that a 31-year-old playing a kid's game could inspire such animosity on your part. That says more about you than it says about Josh Beckett.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

You are ignoring the fact that Georom is trolling. You and many others apparently have no concept of what a troll is and what motivates a troll. Do not EVER expect logic and reason from a troll. When you respond to them - THEY WIN. A logical person like Hill is trying to debate a STONE FENCE.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : OK fine, but selfish is not really the right word, it's more disrespect for the game...but now you be real and place the same EXACT BLAME and disrespect for the game on Lester, Wakefield, Lackey and Buchholz. I do not condone what those guys did but I am not going to be naive enough to place all the responsibility on the shoulders of one player, Beckett. How about you take a look in the mirror and realize it's your hard-headedness that is even more prevalent on this topic. You need to come to the realization that what those guys were doing in the clubhouse had no bearing on what the players were doing on field.  
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

i think we are just going to have to agree to disagree....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

We need five Becketts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Buckett is a Disgrace and should be DFA'd. : You are ignoring the fact that Georom is trolling. You and many others apparently have no concept of what a troll is and what motivates a troll. Do not EVER expect logic and reason from a troll. When you respond to them - THEY WIN. A logical person like Hill is trying to debate a STONE FENCE.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Never argue with an idiot.