Josh Fields-Not on the 40 man roster??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Re: Josh Fields-Not on the 40 man roster??

Other teams have the same problem. A's chose not to protect Jim Miller, a 31yr. old RHP. He was impressive when called upon last year,(4 times) 2-1, 1.37 Whip, .217 BAA not bad for 50G's. I'd take a shot at this guy if available.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's 100 times less than you.

[/QUOTE]

Coop also coined the term frozen rope for a line drive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

But who coined the term "coined the term"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But who coined the term "coined the term"?

[/QUOTE]

If found this notin

Take Our Word For It states that an Elizabethan writer named George Puttenham first uttered (or wrote) the phrase in 1589 in his book, "The Arte of English Poesie." And he certainly didn't intend it to be taken as a compliment.

"Young schollers not halfe well studied...seeme to coigne fine wordes out of the Latin."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

While odds are not good that player picked in rule 5 draft will ever become a big time player for your team. Out of thousands drafted some have hit the jackpot. Players who were rule 5 draft:

Jose Batista Josh Hamilton Johan Santana Joakim Soria Dan Uggla Shane Victorino Jayson Worth

Too bad Red Sox couldn't hit on one of these. While Fields might help someones bullpen other than RS next year. Don't think he'll ever be added to list above. More important to protect the young players who have a possible better ceiling than Fields. Not someone who fits the same description as Melancon Bard Atchinson Mortenson Carpenter Tazawa. RS have many possible RH setup men already.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox0489. Show bosox0489's posts

I notice   many of the globes  sports writers  are overly concerned with the payroll ,and if a player has a clubhouse attitude.  I have been a red sox fan since 1946. I dont give a crap about the payroll or if a player is a wonderful addition to the clubhouse.I say get al capone to manage the team. If he can hit ,hit with power ,steal 60 bases catch any ball throw out anyone then sign mamoud ackmadinijad. win at all costs

.steve bosox 46    semper fi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I agree that clubhouse attitude is highly over-rated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree that clubhouse attitude is highly over-rated.

[/QUOTE]

The Sox Front Office seems to disagree (and so do I)...Read Chad Finn's article below. 

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2012/11/emphasis_on_character.html