Josh Hamilton Falls Off The Wagon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Josh Hamilton Falls Off The Wagon

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Timing-of-Josh-Hamilton-reported-relapse-could-cost-him-millions-in-contract-negotiations-with-Texas-Rangers-020212

I wish the kid good luck - he is such a talent and would hate to see this addiction beat him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Josh Hamilton Falls Off The Wagon

The writer admits he does not know how much Josh was drinking and yet goes on at paragraph length to paint the bleakest of bleak pictures of the potential fall-out. Nice job media, hang em without a trial.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from janthefan. Show janthefan's posts

I Read Josh's book Beyond Belief it was the one of the best books i have ever read. I am saddened to hear this. Hopefully it's just alcohol.. quote from book.." Let God humble you and the Devil will flee".. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

sad to hear, i hope the Rangers stand by him...and that people who are quick to judge, think about Josh Hamilton the human being FIRST...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Falls Off The Wagon:
    sad to hear, i hope the Rangers stand by him...and that people who are quick to judge, think about Josh Hamilton the human being FIRST...
    Posted by jete02fan

Good point. People that are quick to judge have never gone through what people with addictions have to deal with.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It's always sad to see someone having a slip after they were doing so well.Alcohol and drugs are a tough demon for some people to battle.I certainly wish Josh the best on his road to recovery.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I'll add my hopes and best wishes to Josh Hamilton that whatever this event was, is not a beginning back to the abyss for him. Great person, great athlete. For his sake I hope C.J. Wilson's departure does not hurt him, and certainly the Rangers need to find the right person to be with him as his "sponsor".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

At least he is not eating chicken as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The writer or source of this Enquirer-like tabloid journalism probably had many more drinks than Josh did before he called his paper with such a blockbuster of a story. It Josh gets reprimanded and loses millions $$ and the team loses a key player then this writer's name will be mud in Ranger Nation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I almost wonder if Josh relapsed because he feels guilty about the fan who died when he threw a ball into the stands even though it wasn't his fault.A lot of people who use and/or abuse substances do it to mask feelings of guilt,anger,shame or lonliness. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I almost wonder if Josh relapsed because he feels guilty about the fan who died when he threw a ball into the stands even though it wasn't his fault.A lot of people who use and/or abuse substances do it to mask feelings of guilt,anger,shame or lonliness.   
    Posted by mrmojo1120

I have scheduled Josh to be on my TV show today. Hope that you tune in.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

"Let God humble you and the Devil will flee"  He might flee for a moment but he'll always be lurking about. Always

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Posted by mrmojo1120

I would imagine this does weigh heavily on his mind, even though the man's family has given Josh their blessings.

Addiction is a totally insane thing to truly comprehend. AA and the 12 step programs allow you to deflect your life's goals onto the higher power and never really get to the core of the issue. Anyway, that is my opinion as I am not the biggest of fans of the 12 steps.

I wish the kid nothing but the best. It is enjoyable as a fan to watch him play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

He's on the right team.

The Rangers backed Ron Washington after his positive cocaine test, in fact, he's still their manager.

The Rangers will do their due diligence, Hamilton will have all the support he wants available to him.

Not for nothing, the guy, and his team, lost back-to-back World Series appearances. It's rare for a team to make it to 2 in a row...to lose both would crush most people without a history of substance abuse.

I expect he'll land on his feet. The s c u m b a g reporter may serve as a rallying point for the Rangers.

Hamilton earned lifetime respect from me when he apologized to the whole Rays organization for s c r e w i n g them when he was a #1 overall pick. Very classy move by him when he didn't ever have to say anything about it.

Personally, I give him the benefit of the doubt, he's never hit women, abandonded a child, got in a DUI wreck....this reporter needs a little perspective.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I thought this was a thread about Josh Beckett beer chugging issues.............. Pitching for the Red Sox is Tim Wastefield's crack. I certainly hope he is forced to stay on the washed up pitcher's wagon.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

It's recess already?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Falls Off The Wagon : I have scheduled Josh to be on my TV show today. Hope that you tune in.
    Posted by UticaClub

Pretty weak attempt at comedy.There are some of us who have dealt with substance abuse either personally and/or professionally that would understand my post.
      Maybe you should stick to what you're best at,fighting with those posters who you perceive as trolls.Good luck Don Quixote. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Posted by mrmojo1120

Could agree on that one as well his team failed to win it all twice in a row at the same time Josh wished to do more in the world series.

But he should not be penalized if he was caught drinking at the bar.  And he have never failed a drug test where he was tested three times a week.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

This thread is making huge assumptions. Did Josh have one beer or ten. Was he drinking because someone fell to their death when he tossed the baseball back into the stands? The thread is great fodder for a bunch of gossippy old ladies.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Watch the HBO program called, "Unguarded", about
    former Celtic Chris Herron.
    It gives you an idea of how horrible addictions can be, and how far people can fall, because of them.
    I hope Josh Hamilton beats his demons, but they will always be there
    for his entire life.
    He's also one of my favorite players, and when healthy, is a lot of fun to watch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The writer admits he does not know how much Josh was drinking and yet goes on at paragraph length to paint the bleakest of bleak pictures of the potential fall-out. Nice job media, hang em without a trial.
    Posted by BurritoT

I believe that Josh is an admitted alcoholic. If that is the case then one drink is too many and a thousand is not enough. My heart goes out to him and hopes he finds the help he needs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

This thread is making huge assumptions. Did Josh have one beer or ten. Was he drinking because someone fell to their death when he tossed the baseball back into the stands? The thread is great fodder for a bunch of gossippy old ladies.
    Posted by LadyLake

This thread has made no assumptions, only the reporter did that. Everyone here except for a select few understand the pitfalls that surround not just millionaire ballplayers, but all humanity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

My ex's ex (figure that out) was an alcoholic like I had never heard/seen before...liters of vodka daily.....the detox that he went through was almost surreal....it was hard for me to fathom that a legal product like booze could be so destructive to one's system...he was better off dying than going through that withdrawl...now he's in a coma, caused by a diabetic stroke-with a portion of his brain removed....gruesome and heartbreaking for my step-kids

I hope Josh gets it together for his own health, his loved ones, and the fans who believed in him....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

I must have missed the news article about Beckett being dependent on alcohol. Do you have a link?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

The attention this is getting magnifies what it's like to be a MLB player.  These aren't guys whom we stick a key in their backs every day, wind them up and send them onto the field.  They're regular guys just like us with the same strengths and weaknesses as everyone else.  The only difference is that while some of us are accountants, lawyers, and ditch diggers, these guys have the athletic ability to play professional sports.  They roll out of bed every morning, have breakfast, kiss their wives and kids and go off to "work" every day just like the rest of us.  And they have demons and challenges in their lives every day just like the rest of us.

That's why I find these tell-all expose's so disturbing.  These are issues in their PERSONAL lives, issues we have no business knowing about.  On some level I "care" about his on-field performance bu at the same time he's only a baseball player.  In the whole scope of things, WHY does it matter to the fans why he's not in the lineup or why he's not performing up to expectations?  These are personal issues and should be the business only of him, his family, and the Ranger organization.  Not us. 

I care about Josh Hamilton and his well-being from a humanitarian standpoint, just as I care about accountants, lawyers and ditch-diggers from a humanitarian standpoint.  I care more about him as a human being and hope he has/pulls his life together regardless of whether he ever hits a baseball again or not. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Its sad because he is such a talent, but this is the second time that this has happened. I heard that he cannot even be trusted to walk around with money in his pocket because he would use it to feed his addiction. 
    This guy needs to have someone watching him at all times like Steve Howe. I remember Steve Howe's wife said that she use to chain him to the radiator when she could not watch him. Strange that an addiction has such a control over an individual. 

Sections
Shortcuts