Josh Hamilton Falls Off The Wagon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Josh Hamilton Falls Off The Wagon

His struggle aside - and he is one of my favorite players - the fact some jackazz was there to report this to the general public is sad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Burrito, cmon, being at a bar and pulling a slosh buckett when your booze demons are so well known is dumb....he's out in public and he's a public figure....this bad pr may actually save his life...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Falls Off The Wagon:
    [QUOTE]My ex's ex (figure that out) was an alcoholic like I had never heard/seen before...liters of vodka daily.....the detox that he went through was almost surreal....it was hard for me to fathom that a legal product like booze could be so destructive to one's system...he was better off dying than going through that withdrawl...now he's in a coma, caused by a diabetic stroke-with a portion of his brain removed....gruesome and heartbreaking for my step-kids I hope Josh gets it together for his own health, his loved ones, and the fans who believed in him....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

My girlfrind has been a psych/substance abuse nurse for 12 years.

She tells me that alcohol withdrawl is, without a doubt, the most dangerous withdrawl from anything. Worse still, every time someone puts their body through that, it gets worse on them. Alcohol detox kills more people than detox from any other drug.

And it's legal.

And marijuana is not.

sdrawkcab lla st'I

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]At least he is not eating chicken as well.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Space, 

Keep the stupid comments to yourself. Hamilton has a serious problem to deal with and your jokes are not welcome. You are the chicken. Same goes to UticaClub. 

Hetchinspete

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

This is sad to hear but there is some good from this.

A. he apologized to his family, team, and the fans.

B. It was just alcohal and he passed all 3 of his drug tests this week (he's tested 3 times a week for HGH steroids and any and all recreational drugs).

C. He was up front about the whole thing and didn't hold anything back

Although this is a bad situation I think he's taken the right steps.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I've known a few people over the years that have battled addiction. The most important thing to do when you fall off the wagon is to get up and get right back on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]This is sad to hear but there is some good from this. A. he apologized to his family, team, and the fans. B. It was just alcohal and he passed all 3 of his drug tests this week (he's tested 3 times a week for HGH steroids and any and all recreational drugs). C. He was up front about the whole thing and didn't hold anything back Although this is a bad situation I think he's taken the right steps.
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]

this is good to hear and one reason why i think full disclosure is the best course...didnt anyone ever hear of mickey mantle??? i guess beckett wishes those days were back but modern news reporting may have saved hamilton's life...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BizzaroLaw. Show BizzaroLaw's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Falls Off The Wagon : Space,  Keep the stupid comments to yourself. Hamilton has a serious problem to deal with and your jokes are not welcome. You are the chicken. Same goes to UticaClub.  Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

I think Space's comment was hilarious.  It in no way referred to Hamilton, but was taking the p*ss out of the Helen Lovejoy characters on the board wringing their hands about Chickengate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Falls Off The Wagon : Space,  Keep the stupid comments to yourself. Hamilton has a serious problem to deal with and your jokes are not welcome. You are the chicken. Same goes to UticaClub.  Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I rubbed you wrong Pete.  My obtuse dig was not directed in any way at Josh Hamilton.  Only Georom and the chickengate crowd.  Believe me, I would be the last person to ridicule someone battling addiction.  I have nothing but respect for how far Josh H. has come and nothing but hope that he can stay strong.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Falls Off The Wagon : Sorry if I rubbed you wrong Pete.  My obtuse dig was not directed in any way at Josh Hamilton.  Only Georom and the chickengate crowd.  Believe me, I would be the last person to ridicule someone battling addiction.  I have nothing but respect for how far Josh H. has come and nothing but hope that he can stay strong.  

I thought it was pretty funny...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Falls Off The Wagon : Sorry if I rubbed you wrong Pete.  My obtuse dig was not directed in any way at Josh Hamilton.  Only Georom and the chickengate crowd.  Believe me, I would be the last person to ridicule someone battling addiction.  I have nothing but respect for how far Josh H. has come and nothing but hope that he can stay strong.  

I didn't find your comment offensive either.I knew where you coming from when you posted it and believe most of the posters here understood it as well. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Even w/ his demons. A FA after next season, a guy I would love to see playing RF for RS. But truly hope he can stay clean for his and his family's sake.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

As any alcoholic/addict will tell you, you need to want to be sober for yourself. If you are getting sober for the judge, your wife/husband, your boss, your fans, etc, it will not work. Until you are sick and tired of being sick and tired, you are doomed to continue. How many times did Steve Howe go to treatment? Lindsy Lohan has
    singlehandedly kept the Malibu clinic open and thriving. These people, and (unfortunately) thousands (if not millions) like them have not overcome the mental obsession that somehow, some day that will be able to drink like normal people. It will never happen for a real alcoholic (or addict).

The alcoholic/addict will have to come to the realization that they want to stop at any cost. Until then, they will have brief periods of recovery followed by a worse relapse. I hope this latest spree has shown Josh Hamilton that he has to quit forever. If not he is in for a very bumpy ride.

As for the reporter, he is only reporting the news. It does not matter how many drinks the reporter has had because the reporter is not an admitted alcoholic; Josh Hamilton is. He cannot drink or use any amount. It is not a matter of "Thank God he was only drinking" or "At least is was only beer" they will kill him. His career is secondary to the real fact that we are discussing his life. 

No matter whether one is a fan of 12 steps or not, the simple fact is that it has helped millions to overcome addiction. It may not get to the "real" reason for a person's drinking, but does it matter whether you breast fed or not if it allows the alcoholic/addict to live clean and sober?                   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Space, 

Thank you for the explanation. I'm back on your team. There are so many trolls on this site with all too much negativity I tend to be defensive or try to be supportive when I believe a player is needlessly attacked. 

While in Grad School I had a very dear friend who had a very serious addiction to alcohol, so I know first hand what a struggle it is. Unfortunately we lost contact with each other, but I've a feeling my friend is no longer among us. 

Hetchinspete

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

When the day comes and you wake up being sick and tired of being sick and tired, then you are on your way to beating whatever addiction you are fighting.