Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskjold. Show dskjold's posts

Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead

In Response to Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead:
    [QUOTE]If this thread is in the wrong section, I don't mind if the mods move it. Baseball Tragedy (EDIT UPDATE: The first sentence below was rewritten. I truly believe what Hamilton did by underthrowing was akin to manslaughter.  I do not believe he was criminally negligent. I'm sorry that opinion is taken as offensive. That still doesn't justify many of the responses towards myself motivated by crude, authoritarian personality leanings.) This may sound cold, but Josh Hamilton's inadequate toss into the stands led to a man's death. He didn't do it on purpose, but a person died because of his action. Later on, he came up with some of the most self-serving comments ever. Josh Hamilton talks about Shannon Stone’s death "If the same situation came up and this hadn't happened, I'd do it again." His spin is he did nothing wrong, and it was the father's fault. "You do it so many times you just don't think about it. At the same time, as a player throwing the ball, you don't know what's going through that person's mind who's going to try and catch the ball. It's something to take a look at." Duh, you think so? One can view the incident at youtube. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aesp8ViZbro Josh Hamilton 'Distraught'; Texas Rangers Baseball Fan Dies, 2011 A fan had tumbled in a similar way a year ago in the same stadium. The throw by Hamilton was underthrown. I realize he didn't do it on purpose, but it was ultimately his negligence that should shoulder a percentage of.culpability. If he had simply thrown it higher, the man would not have tumbled to his ultimate demise. It is my opinion that the Texas Rangers should be sued for damages.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

This rates as one of the most, if not the most, offensive posts I've ever seen here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead:
    [QUOTE]There's a bit of stirring the pot to this, but I sincerely believe some percentage of fault lies with Hamilton. That's how it works in traffic accidents. Now if the man had fallen trying to catch a ball hit, then the disclaimer would completely clear the team. In this case, a player threw the ball to the fireman. I think it was underthrown. Sure, the fireman messed up too, and I'm not sure what the percentages are on blame. I do think blame is shared.

Your argument is ludicrous, at best; moronic, at worst.
    It was an ACCIDENT. The man leaned over and lost his footing. A thousand other fans have leaned over the railing and NOT lost their footing and been fine. When Hamilton tossed the ball, he did so as a favor to the fan. The fan reached the ball and caught it; only falling because his feet slipped out from under him. No one can even say WHY his feet slipped...too much weight beyond the fulcrum of the rail, a little sand under his sandal (only ONE foot was on the ground when he stretched out), the fan misjudged how far out he had reached? Who knows? Your argument is tantamount to saying that Hamilton is responsible for physics.

WHY has this country reached a point where EVERYTHING has to be someone's FAULT? I have seen refs in a basketball game toss a ball to a player and had it go through his hands and break his nose. Was the ref at fault? Was the player? It was an ACCIDENT. Criminy sakes - If you truly believe your argument, you are a litigation-happy buffoon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Allow me, Burrito, to piggy-back on that line.     There is no fault to be established here.  None. I'm not trying to school you, B.  Just using your platform.   This is the nature of an accident.  A true one.  All the norms of behavior and structural consideration are met, even prior to the game beginning.  What happened?  Not even an "Act of God" accident but one that had coincidentally accidental realities.    To blame Hamilton for doing something normal in the game is reprehensible and is seeking to expand that "SOMETHING"' into causality is faulty at the least, and almost criminal in intent as well.    To blame the dead father is cruel and patently moronic.   The blame, if there is any, is to be laid firmly at the feet of Abner Doubleday for helping to invent a game that is beloved enough, through the test of time and repetition ... and truly countless lives, hours, and finances ...to have people play and or watch ... whether in a solitary fashion or within the bosom of one's loved ones, whether family or friends or both.    There IS blame here, though.  To the author of this thread for being so shallow and heartless as to make this a sounding board so he can simply say we are a poor place to practice free speech.   Free speech, as I've said before, IS NOT LICENSE and does bear responsibility.  SAY WHAT YOU WANT, but be adult enough to accept the FREE  SPEECH RESPONSES OF OTHERS.    That is the LEAST of it.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Huzzah!!
    As well stated as could be. Free speech gives the right to say what you want. It also gives everyone else the right to call you an idiot for having said it. Did you HONESTLY think you could lay out such an inflammatory opinion and NOT face ridicule?
    You veritably BEGGED for exactly the reaction you are getting, and now are offended by it? Such a stance is proof positive that you haven't a CLUE what free speech actually means.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

"You are a very unintellectual crowd who like your guns."

So you believe that posting inane inflammatory comments makes YOU intellectual? If so, you are a prime example of an education gone to waste. Being educated and arrogant makes one boorish, not intellectual. You do seem to fit that mold.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]If underthrown balls lead to deaths of fans why aren't more fans dead as the result of such underthrown balls? That's the essence of your problem, your argument is extremely weak. You've cherry picked an isolated incident that has never happened before and pretended as if there is a pattern. If there was a pattern of underthrown balls leading to deaths you might have a point. But you don't. You have no point, except to post something inappropriate and then get offended and report people when they are understandably upset at your insensitivity. I hope the BDC doesn't ban anyone who responded rudely to you, I can totally understand that reaction.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you took some writing courses, people might be interested in your posts. Like many others, you display attributes of the authoritarian personality.

There are many reasons to ignore people. Some are bores. Others are too loud. I don't know or care where you fit in.

It's too time consuming to keep repeating answers to questions. That's why this forum and most others are wastes of time. Eventually any remaining nice people will leave. Why would anyone want to hang out with conformist Ugly Americans?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

"Maybe if you took some writing courses, people might be interested in your posts. Like many others, you display attributes of the authoritarian personality."

This statement explains a LOT. You are not only arrogant, but not as well educated as you would have some believe. Diagnosing personalities from your Psych 101 book agaain, are you?

"That's why this forum and most others are wastes of time. Eventually any remaining nice people will leave."

Hmmm - so this explains why YOU are still here posting, then?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]I think we should give Nick some credit here, and here me out first people.  I don't agree with what he said in the OP, and I've read not all but most of these responses.  He seems to have retracted some of his statements and looked at the issue in a different shade of light, he admitted he was wrong on some things and apologized to me and others posters on this board. How many posters in here apologize to others, and have admitted when they are wrong?  maybe you didn't get the apology you wanted, or the change of stance you wanted....but it seems this board is filled with more narcissistic personality that could NEVER be wrong, always have an answer for everything, and their personal attacks are ALWAYS justified and have never even whispered the words "I'm sorry"  While I still agree with everyone that the OP was ridiculous with the idea that Hamilton messed up and in some way is responsible for this mans death....I think more people should give credit where credit is due.  It takes a real man to admit he is wrong and to stand up and apologize, instead of arguing his point ridiculously into the ground (you guys know who I'm talking about)  Just a thought people, but should it really be that hard to be considerate and friendly to others even when we are in disagreement???
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

You make a lot of good points. The responses in this thread have been revealing. It goes beyond grammar and spelling. It transcends the obvious lack of reading comprehension skills.

These are not nice people. I'm sure there are other outlets to discuss the Red Sox or anything without being associated with such bullies. These fools care more about a baseball player than the innocent hundreds of thousands of Iraqis murdered by our government. They care more about long running trials on Court TV than health care for all, good jobs at good wages, housing, education, an end to war, etc..

These are two-faced hypocrites. Such people form the bedrock of totalitarianism. These are the kinds of petty minds that made up lynch mobs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Some posts are trickling in between my last ones. I read one sentence from that person before realizing it is just another person not worth any time. Shallow, crude, unintellectual, mobbish, whatever people make up an ugly killing machine called America. I guess this is a forum where mean-spirited people who failed in school can get together and act as if they make a difference in the world. True thinkers know what took place here, but they realize to pipe in is not worth it. Have fun in your worthless forum. It had potential, but too many of you are ignorant creeps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : You make a lot of good points. The responses in this thread have been revealing. It goes beyond grammar and spelling. It transcends the obvious lack of reading comprehension skills. These are not nice people. I'm sure there are other outlets to discuss the Red Sox or anything without being associated with such bullies. These fools care more about a baseball player than the innocent hundreds of thousands of Iraqis murdered by our government. They care more about long running trials on Court TV than health care for all, good jobs at good wages, housing, education, an end to war, etc.. These are two-faced hypocrites. Such people form the bedrock of totalitarianism. These are the kinds of petty minds that made up lynch mobs.

Unbelieveble. Even when a man defends you, you continue to show your judgemental arrogance. How about just acknowledging his support. something simple...like "Thank you."
    Truly, your ineptitude at supporting your argument and your capacity to incite are extraordinary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I don't care if I get banned, but YOU ARE AN A S S!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

S,Y, I usually disagree with you, but not in this case.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Unbelieveble. Even when a man defends you, you continue to show your judgemental arrogance. How about just acknowledging his support. something simple...like "Thank you." Truly, your ineptitude at supporting your argument and your capacity to incite are extraordinary.
    Posted by markes8336[/QUOTE]

I think you show him a kindness by calling it "extraordinary".
    Softlaw does the exact same thing on this board - on a regular basis.
    The idea is to incite and unify the masses. Then the inciter becomes the unpopular victim and makes accusations of mob mentality.

In Softlaw's case, he ignorantly connects it to being a martyr figure who denounces the cattle for not facing a truth. He never sees his comments for their blatant bias.

In Fardo's case, he ties social injustice with a mentality he alone created.

It just shows what people will do to justify a warped thought process.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I think you show him a kindness by calling it " extraordinary ". Softlaw does the exact same thing on this board - on a regular basis. The idea is to incite and unify the masses. Then the inciter becomes the unpopular victim and makes accusations of mob mentality. In Softlaw's case, he ignorantly connects it to being a martyr figure who denounces the cattle for not facing a truth . He never sees his comments for their blatant bias. In Fardo's case, he ties social injustice with a mentality he alone created. It just shows what people will do to justify a warped thought process.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Personally I would like to see some sort of netting/fencing as a safety feature mounted perpendicular to all upper decks and sticking out 36".  That will eliminate any future deaths.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]If this thread is in the wrong section, I don't mind if the mods move it. Baseball Tragedy (EDIT UPDATE: The first sentence below was rewritten. I truly believe what Hamilton did by underthrowing was akin to manslaughter.  I do not believe he was criminally negligent. I'm sorry that opinion is taken as offensive. That still doesn't justify many of the responses towards myself motivated by crude, authoritarian personality leanings.) This may sound cold, but Josh Hamilton's inadequate toss into the stands led to a man's death. He didn't do it on purpose, but a person died because of his action. Later on, he came up with some of the most self-serving comments ever. Josh Hamilton talks about Shannon Stone’s death "If the same situation came up and this hadn't happened, I'd do it again." His spin is he did nothing wrong, and it was the father's fault. "You do it so many times you just don't think about it. At the same time, as a player throwing the ball, you don't know what's going through that person's mind who's going to try and catch the ball. It's something to take a look at." Duh, you think so? One can view the incident at youtube. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aesp8ViZbro Josh Hamilton 'Distraught'; Texas Rangers Baseball Fan Dies, 2011 A fan had tumbled in a similar way a year ago in the same stadium. The throw by Hamilton was underthrown. I realize he didn't do it on purpose, but it was ultimately his negligence that should shoulder a percentage of.culpability. If he had simply thrown it higher, the man would not have tumbled to his ultimate demise. It is my opinion that the Texas Rangers should be sued for damages.
    YOU ARE A COMPLETE MORON. This has to rank right up there with one of the stupidist posts ever!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

This is a heartbreaking story.

I watched the video and it breaks my heart to see the kid standing there, wearing a glove, as his father dies attempting to snag a ball for him. There's no wrong here, just a sad, sad story. I went to Sox games when I was young with my dad, I can't imagine watching him die as he tried to catch a ball. It's the first thing that hit my mind.

Hamilton did nothing wrong. He did what he'd do any other time, and I hope he doesn't take this to heart. I feel for the kid. He came to a gave with his dad, wearing his glove, and suddenly, just like that, his dad is dead. I feel for the father, who reacted as most would, he just happened to be in a bad place and fell. It's just a terrible situation. I'm just really sad for everyone involved, horrible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]Personally I would like to see some sort of netting/fencing as a safety feature mounted perpendicular to all upper decks and sticking out 36".  That will eliminate any future deaths.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Exactly. This is what the brutish people attacking me have failed to acknowledge. This tragedy should have never taken place.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

NickFaldo, I asked you earlier but maybe you didn't see it. Last night, Hamilton fouled off a pitch that struck a teenager in the face, which apparently injured him enough to require stitches. Was that also Hamilton's fault? She he have to pay damages?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]This is a heartbreaking story. I watched the video and it breaks my heart to see the kid standing there, wearing a glove, as his father dies attempting to snag a ball for him. There's no wrong here, just a sad, sad story. I went to Sox games when I was young with my dad, I can't imagine watching him die as he tried to catch a ball. It's the first thing that hit my mind. Hamilton did nothing wrong. He did what he'd do any other time, and I hope he doesn't take this to heart. I feel for the kid. He came to a gave with his dad, wearing his glove, and suddenly, just like that, his dad is dead. I feel for the father, who reacted as most would, he just happened to be in a bad place and fell. It's just a terrible situation. I'm just really sad for everyone involved, horrible.
    Posted by Modano09[/QUOTE]

Compounding that, the kid watched his dad die in the ambulance.

Hamilton did nothing immoral or illegal, but he didn't throw the ball high enough. He must be aware there is that steep drop from the railing down to concrete.

That tossing the ball to fans has been an established practice, it is the owner's fault for not ensuring the safety of fans in that situation.

The father absolutely did nothing wrong. I guess his momentum took him over. I'm kind of unsure why exactly he fell. Maybe he slipped on something too.

I think all children who witnessed this or have seen it on video will be traumatised to an extent. This was a horrific event. Only one person died, but it was still a kind of in your face, not expected disaster like the Hindenburg blowing up, or even 9/11. The kid will need a lot of love and probably counseling. Hamilton will too. He is going to have to accept that his low throw was probably the major cause of the man falling. That he didn't do it on purpose may not outbalance his feelings of guilt. Few want to ever kill anybody, especially through an accident. This was like running over a dog but much, much worse. That's what Hamilton needs to come to terms with.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]NickFaldo, I asked you earlier but maybe you didn't see it. Last night, Hamilton fouled off a pitch that struck a teenager in the face, which apparently injured him enough to require stitches. Was that also Hamilton's fault? She he have to pay damages?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I already posted that I am not going to repeat myself. That was already discussed earlier in this thread.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

I've been a lawyer for over thirty years.  The legal term and the day-to-day term for this is "ignorant" (because they wouldn't let me use a certain location on the body).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Exactly. This is what the brutish people attacking me have failed to acknowledge. This tragedy should have never taken place.

Then why didn't you prioritize this in your OP? Instead of trying to blame Hamilton.
    The tragedy of a tragedy is pointing fingers of blame creating a scapegoat. Even worse is to draw attention to yourself, as if you are the bigger story.

What you fail to acknowledge is that you are blaming normal response to an abnormal social psychosis.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Then why didn't you prioritize this in your OP? Instead of trying to blame Hamilton. The tragedy of a tragedy is pointing fingers of blame creating a scapegoat. Even worse is to draw attention to yourself, as if you are the bigger story. What you fail to acknowledge is that you are blaming normal response to an ab normal social psychosis.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Anyone who makes hundreds of posts within days, with many of them of an anti-social manner, displays his own form of psychosis for all to see. Anyone who takes the Red Sox and their place on a specific board this seriously is quite frankly a very shallow person. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I've been a lawyer for over thirty years.  The legal term and the day-to-day term for this is "ignorant" (because they wouldn't let me use a certain location on the body).
    Posted by crmn19[/QUOTE]

You don't sound like a lawyer. The Rangers could definitely be sued. Maybe they'll take the initiative on their own to compensate the family for their negligence, and there won't be any lawsuit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I already posted that I am not going to repeat myself. That was already discussed earlier in this thread.
    You didn't answer the question: Was Josh Hamilton to blame for that, too, and should he have to pay damages?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Anyone who makes hundreds of posts within days, with many of them of an anti-social manner, displays his own form of psychosis for all to see. Anyone who takes the Red Sox and their place on a specific board this seriously is quite frankly a very shallow person. 

Again with the posting numbers. What on earth does that have to do with your inability to face the truth? Is that the best you got?

Look at the response of every poster on this board. Are they all psychotic?
    Are you the sane one for blaming Hamilton? Talk about shallow...

Sections
Shortcuts