Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead

In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead:
    [QUOTE]Faldo, I'll talk very direct to you about your comment. Basically your an idiot for making such a baseless comment. In no way did Hamilton cause this accident, should not take any blame but unfortunately he may feel guilt even though it was not his fault because he is human and has a conscience. By stating that if this hadn't happened he would do it again in no way is he laying blame on the father. This was a very unfortunate accident in which a man lost his life and a young son lost his father.  Your statements show you are cold and heartless.  Hetchinspete.  
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

Ha, I take back my last post then commending you for acting like a good person. You need to look in the mirror.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]SMH Ever been to a game? players throw balls into the stands almost every inning.  Was the ball a little short? maybe, looks like he could have caught it without going over the railing.....but that is besides the point.  Hamilton did NOTHING wrong. stating that Hamilton's actions directly led to this guys death is just ludicrous.  This was a freak accident, and a very very very sad tragedy.  If anyone thinks that Hamilton bares some responsibility for the death of this man then their thinking is seriously warped......IMO. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Some would say your signature shows your thinking is warped. Jesus is a Red Sox fan? Hamilton's action did directly lead to the man's death. He underthrew the ball forcing the man to lean over the railing. This wasn't a ball hit off the bat where a fan took their own initiative to risk their life. Hamilton should have realized the danger involved. The team should have too beforehand. It's not all Hamilton's fault. But it certainly wasn't part of Jesus' plan. That dude has been dead for 2,000 years, and anyone who thinks a man is God and is coming back, well that is warped thinking to the nth degree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Nick, don't people realize that it was more than just an accident? Josh planned for years to find a way to get rid of that firefighter. He finnally came up with a ingenius way to make it look like an accident. He would under throw the ball to him. That way, he was sure to fall to his death when he reached out for it. Nick, I think your on to something. Now if you could only turn your genius to who the other gunman on the grassy knoll was.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]Nick, don't people realize that it was more than just an accident? Josh planned for years to find a way to get rid of that firefighter. He finnally came up with a ingenius way to make it look like an accident. He would under throw the ball to him. That way, he was sure to fall to his death when he reached out for it. Nick, I think your on to something. Now if you could only turn your genius to who the other gunman on the grassy knoll was.
    Posted by NoahJustin[/QUOTE]

Some of you don't seem to have taken your educations seriously enough. Anyone who can't spell and makes many grammar mistakes probably didn't do too well either with reading comprehension.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Mob mentality, conformist thinking, and obnoxious egotism is what makes up the composition of Ugly Americans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

A Softlaw replica.
    Psychosis is contagious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

This is like when Ebert took a ripping for saying jack*sses don't drink and drive. Sure, what he and what I have said is a bit cold. But there's nothing malicious about it. People may think we were pouring salt on wounds or whatever, but there's something else going on with the responses that transcends the attacks on myself. Many of you are projecting your own insecurities and failings as human beings. You are the mob that allows fascism to thrive. You possess the authoritarian personality.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Total accident. I'm sure Josh will feel guilty for the rest of his life. It was an accident.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]A Softlaw replica. Psychosis is contagious.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

With over 16,000 posts in less than four years, maybe you take baseball too seriously.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Some would say your signature shows your thinking is warped. Jesus is a Red Sox fan? Hamilton's action did directly lead to the man's death. He underthrew the ball forcing the man to lean over the railing. This wasn't a ball hit off the bat where a fan took their own initiative to risk their life. Hamilton should have realized the danger involved. The team should have too beforehand. It's not all Hamilton's fault. But it certainly wasn't part of Jesus' plan. That dude has been dead for 2,000 years, and anyone who thinks a man is God and is coming back, well that is warped thinking to the nth degree.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

WOOOOW

using my quote against me!  Do you seriously think that I think Jesus is up sitting on a cloud every day with a beer in his hand and a Sox hat on watching the game????. It's a joke...haha, a little line up there for fun.  It's like saying "god bless America" as if God wants to bless everyone who is American and no-one else....it's JUST a saying and in no way shape or form reflects a belief or statement, which I believe 99.99% of people in here recognize.  Matter of fact is the only time anyone has every pulled that out on me is to argue....so yes Your view is warped because NO ONE ELSE shares it.

The dude got over excited and reached for a ball that could've been reached without falling over the side, fans chase free souvenirs like rapid animals at every game (if you haven't been to one and ever noticed)  The man was a grown adult and made a stupid decision, he was 39 years old and Hamilton didn't go up there and push him off.  It's unfortunate that he died and it is also sad that Josh Hamilton is going to live with that guilt for the rest of his life.

I've seen some loved ones pass in my days, and one of my best friends died 6 weeks ago, and I see the silly unreasonable accusations people throw out in the midst of trying to find reason out of tragedy.  That is all you are doing, trying to blame someone for a tragedy.  Accidents happen every day and Hindsight is 20/20 but trying to displace that guilt on Josh Hamilton is just well...IMO a horrible thing to do. 

No one is calling Hamilton out besides you for a very good reason. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]Total accident. I'm sure Josh will feel guilty for the rest of his life. It was an accident.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

I don't think he should feel guilty, but this should serve as the last time this ever happens. You can't prevent a liner hitting someone or a pitch that gets away and beans someone. Those are inherent risks unless they switch to using a whiffle ball. This type of event could have been prevented. It's like that fire in Rhode Island. Hamilton is less to blame than ownership and MLB. I concede he was doing what every outfielder has been doing for years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Hamilton throw a ball into the crowd he did it a million times before. This fan thought that the ball a ball that you can buy in the store was more important than this safety. Hamilton did NOTHING wrong. They should ban fans, and two story stadiums first. This guy did something very unsafe. I hate going near a rail at sporting event, I feel very unsafe I get away from it ASAP

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : WOOOOW using my quote against me!  Do you seriously think that I think Jesus is up sitting on a cloud every day with a beer in his hand and a Sox hat on watching the game????. It's a joke...haha, a little line up there for fun.  It's like saying "god bless America" as if God wants to bless everyone who is American and no-one else....it's JUST a saying and in no way shape or form reflects a belief or statement, which I believe 99.99% of people in here recognize.  Matter of fact is the only time anyone has every pulled that out on me is to argue....so yes Your view is warped because NO ONE ELSE shares it. The dude got over excited and reached for a ball that could've been reached without falling over the side, fans chase free souvenirs like rapid animals at every game (if you haven't been to one and ever noticed)  The man was a grown adult and made a stupid decision, he was 39 years old and Hamilton didn't go up there and push him off.  It's unfortunate that he died and it is also sad that Josh Hamilton is going to live with that guilt for the rest of his life. I've seen some loved ones pass in my days, and one of my best friends died 6 weeks ago, and I see the silly unreasonable accusations people throw out in the midst of trying to find reason out of tragedy.  That is all you are doing, trying to blame someone for a tragedy.  Accidents happen every day and Hindsight is 20/20 but trying to displace that guilt on Josh Hamilton is just well...IMO a horrible thing to do.  No one is calling Hamilton out besides you for a very good reason. 

I'm sorry your friend died.

I'm not trying to make Hamilton feel bad. I doubt he'll even read this. Nonetheless, even you said maybe the ball was underthrown.

Baseball players tend to not be very bright. So perhaps I was wrong to call him out for his statements the way I did.

This appears to be something that would have happened sooner or later. So there must be a way to prevent it. I do believe it's more the fault of the owners and MLB than Hamilton. I believe the fan deserves the least blame. He was a guest in that park. He paid good money. A ball was thrown to him, and he had to lean over to grab it, and he fell head first. This wasn't some fluke accident. The conditions were always present for it to occur. That means perhaps the team and MLB might be sued. Some people don't believe in that. At a minimum, action must be taken to prevent this from ever happening again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I'm agreeing with you Nick. We should get together and propose a new law that would make under throwing a baseball to a fan a criminal offense. Just think of how many lives a year we could save just at Fenway alone. Maybe they'll call it the Nick Faldo law.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]This is like when Ebert took a ripping for saying jack*sses don't drink and drive. Sure, what he and what I have said is a bit cold. But there's nothing malicious about it. People may think we were pouring salt on wounds or whatever, but there's something else going on with the responses that transcends the attacks on myself. Many of you are projecting your own insecurities and failings as human beings. You are the mob that allows fascism to thrive. You possess the authoritarian personality.

And you possess the jackazz personality.  Not even a sniff of a reasonable comparison exists between a tossed baseball and irresponsible drunks except for maybe the bad timing of the comment.  What, did Josh Hamilton summon this unfortunate dad over the edge and lead him astray?  Why don't you ask Roger Ebert about this comparison?  I'm willing to bet he would be disgusted to be associated with you for your completely groundless and tactless accusation. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]Progressive?  Why not use the actual term of Ultra Liberal. When I lived in Taxachusetts in 1976, taxes on my house were $1400.00/yr.  When I moved from Arizona in 1986, my house taxes were $350.00/yr. If this is your idea of idealistic utopia, along with 9% unemployment, I'm not interested in the 'progressive(ultra liberal)' movement.  The only movement your 'progressivness' reminds me of involves the bowel.
    Posted by ampoule[/QUOTE]

I think the biggest reason why these forums fail is because too many people from out of state post.

I love it how you conservatives forget how each time the economy has tanked it was preceded by Republicans trickling up the wealth. Conservatives love to cut social spending while driving up the national debt and handing out corporate welfare. As for baseball and other sports, they are just more opiates for an uneducated and easily manipulated populace.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]Nick, don't people realize that it was more than just an accident? Josh planned for years to find a way to get rid of that firefighter. He finnally came up with a ingenius way to make it look like an accident. He would under throw the ball to him. That way, he was sure to fall to his death when he reached out for it. Nick, I think your on to something. Now if you could only turn your genius to who the other gunman on the grassy knoll was.
    Posted by NoahJustin[/QUOTE]

That response deserves a hiyo.

http://youtu.be/Ji-cT58rgNc

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : And you possess the jackazz personality.  Not even a sniff of a reasonable comparison exists between a tossed baseball and irresponsible drunks except for maybe the bad timing of the comment.  What, did Josh Hamilton summon this unfortunate dad over the edge and lead him astray?  Why don't you ask Roger Ebert about this comparison?  I'm willing to bet he would be disgusted to be associated with you for your completely groundless and tactless accusation.   
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

Anyone with intelligence and critical thinking skills would understand the analogy. Others who bully like a Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity would not. I was talking about reactions to the comments not the nature of the two events being similar. Some people are incapable of a reasoned dialogue.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I'm sorry your friend died. I'm not trying to make Hamilton feel bad. I doubt he'll even read this. Nonetheless, even you said maybe the ball was underthrown. Baseball players tend to not be very bright. So perhaps I was wrong to call him out for his statements the way I did. This appears to be something that would have happened sooner or later. So there must be a way to prevent it. I do believe it's more the fault of the owners and MLB than Hamilton. I believe the fan deserves the least blame. He was a guest in that park. He paid good money. A ball was thrown to him, and he had to lean over to grab it, and he fell head first. This wasn't some fluke accident. The conditions were always present for it to occur. That means perhaps the team and MLB might be sued. Some people don't believe in that. At a minimum, action must be taken to prevent this from ever happening again.

Thank you.

While I don't agree with the original notion that Hamilton messed up I do agree with what you said in your last post.  While I'm a firm believer that tragedy is inherent I don't believe that that should be an excuse to not learn from it,  perhaps an accident like this could have been prevented, maybe it could not of....doesn't mean it isn't worth looking into, and I'm sure there will be lawsuits in this case. 

on a side note did anyone see what happened to Josh Hamilton today?

He hit a fould ball that hit a fan right in the face who was not paying attention,  I could only that shook up Hamilton more than usual. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I don't care if I get banned, but YOU ARE AN A S S!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think it would be a cool thing if Josh met with the boy and talked to him.  I don't think Josh is responsible at all, but if he could help the boy in any way it would be a beautiful thing. Maybe even paying for his education or something. The only problem, of course, would be posters like this guy would take it as a sign of guilt. So, he might be discouraged from doing so. It's a shame.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I'm sorry your friend died. I'm not trying to make Hamilton feel bad. I doubt he'll even read this. Nonetheless, even you said maybe the ball was underthrown. Baseball players tend to not be very bright. So perhaps I was wrong to call him out for his statements the way I did. This appears to be something that would have happened sooner or later. So there must be a way to prevent it. I do believe it's more the fault of the owners and MLB than Hamilton. I believe the fan deserves the least blame. He was a guest in that park. He paid good money. A ball was thrown to him, and he had to lean over to grab it, and he fell head first. This wasn't some fluke accident. The conditions were always present for it to occur. That means perhaps the team and MLB might be sued. Some people don't believe in that. At a minimum, action must be taken to prevent this from ever happening again.

Hay Nick,

Apologies for being so harsh in my comments, so I'll pull back a bit. You don't deserve my calling you names. That wasn't right. I'm just so useto so many trolls on this site it does get tiring. 

I still say you are completely wrong in laying any blame on Hamilton, and please be careful when making such general statements about baseball players not being very bright. Your comments in some way show you to be very understanding and then you come out with a senseless statement like this that shows a total lack of common sense. You contradict yourself. 

Hetchinspete.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : WOOOOW using my quote against me!  Do you seriously think that I think Jesus is up sitting on a cloud every day with a beer in his hand and a Sox hat on watching the game????. It's a joke...haha, a little line up there for fun.  It's like saying "god bless America" as if God wants to bless everyone who is American and no-one else....it's JUST a saying and in no way shape or form reflects a belief or statement, which I believe 99.99% of people in here recognize.  Matter of fact is the only time anyone has every pulled that out on me is to argue....so yes Your view is warped because NO ONE ELSE shares it. The dude got over excited and reached for a ball that could've been reached without falling over the side, fans chase free souvenirs like rapid animals at every game (if you haven't been to one and ever noticed)  The man was a grown adult and made a stupid decision, he was 39 years old and Hamilton didn't go up there and push him off.  It's unfortunate that he died and it is also sad that Josh Hamilton is going to live with that guilt for the rest of his life. I've seen some loved ones pass in my days, and one of my best friends died 6 weeks ago, and I see the silly unreasonable accusations people throw out in the midst of trying to find reason out of tragedy.  That is all you are doing, trying to blame someone for a tragedy.  Accidents happen every day and Hindsight is 20/20 but trying to displace that guilt on Josh Hamilton is just well...IMO a horrible thing to do.  No one is calling Hamilton out besides you for a very good reason. 

I'm sorry about your friend, Hugh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : With over 16,000 posts in less than four years, maybe you take baseball too seriously.

I guess we're all just glad you don't have 16,000 posts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Thank you. While I don't agree with the original notion that Hamilton messed up I do agree with what you said in your last post.  While I'm a firm believer that tragedy is inherent I don't believe that that should be an excuse to not learn from it,  perhaps an accident like this could have been prevented, maybe it could not of....doesn't mean it isn't worth looking into, and I'm sure there will be lawsuits in this case.  on a side note did anyone see what happened to Josh Hamilton today? He hit a fould ball that hit a fan right in the face who was not paying attention,  I could only that shook up Hamilton more than usual. 

I was getting hammered from all sides. It can get a bit difficult to keep track of who said what when and how. I was definitely wrong to go after your signature.

It's weird how a conversation on a baseball incident can turn into left versus right politics. It started because someone said I was Barney Frank's lover.

Then I responded. It snowballed. I have to learn to just let things slide and respond to people who are seeking cordial dialogue despite disagreements.

That's too bad about what happened today. I hope that person wasn't hurt too badly.

That's exactly the difference between what happened with the firefighter and what can't be prevented by management.

The internet rage bores the heck out of me. But it was nice to hear your comments. I apologize for my initial post for it being a bit too pot stirring. That's how Ebert messed up with his tweet. What he said wasn't false. It just could have been couched in better terms. Ok, have a nice night. It's strange. The other day I wrote a decent post on actual baseball and 2004 and how everything changed for me as a Sox fan. I didn't get one response. Maybe I stirred the pot to subconciously or consciously trigger at least a few posts. I got more than I bargained for.