Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead

In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : With over 16,000 posts in less than four years, maybe you take baseball too seriously.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

I take the quote "Josh Hamilton killed a man" seriously.
    Your intent on starting this thread in this manner was to draw attention to yourself.
    You have got some serious issues.

And stop blaming others for your own negligence. UR intent was crystal clear.
    If you didn't mean to that way, then change UR OP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

your saying that josh has some part in the tragedy is not what is being attacked. Josh is a variable, the stadium is a variable, the guy, the railing, the fact that his shoes were new and did not have good enough grip on the ground...all variables. What is wrong and kind of heartless or however you want to put it is placing blame on Josh, saying that his comments were self serving, and saying that because of Josh this man is dead. And the matter of fact way you are saying it. 

"Josh Hamilton killed a man"

Josh hamilton didnt kill anyone. he was one of infinite variables that led to a tragic death. He however is one of the variables with a soul and therefore will feel terrible. This statement is being attacked and rightfully so

"Later on, he came up with some of the most self-serving comments ever."

Self serving? what comment is self serving. He said he feels bad, he didnt expect a tragedy and has thrown balls to fans many times and would do it again had this tragedy not occurred, he said his wife and kids helped him through feeling bad, he was upset and would reach out and help the family when the time is right. And in a post later calling baseball players dumb and saying Josh must be a dumb ball player who is just protecting himself. This statement is being attacked and rightfully so.

"His spin is he did nothing wrong, and it was the father's fault"

Where does he do this?????? Josh is a person who has had many things happen to him and doesnt blame anyone for any of it. He feels bad. end of story. He is saying he has thrown balls to hundreds of people and nothing has happened. And baseball should look into keeping fans safer at stadiums and if it was looked into before and fixed his underthrow would lead to only mild dissapointment not death. This statement is being attacked and rightfully so

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Hay Nick, Apologies for being so harsh in my comments, so I'll pull back a bit. You don't deserve my calling you names. That wasn't right. I'm just so useto so many trolls on this site it does get tiring.  I still say you are completely wrong in laying any blame on Hamilton, and please be careful when making such general statements about baseball players not being very bright. Your comments in some way show you to be very understanding and then you come out with a senseless statement like this that shows a total lack of common sense. You contradict yourself.  Hetchinspete.  
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

Thanks. There are a lot of sadists in our country, and it can be hard avoiding stooping to their level. I sincerely didn't respect his comments. First he says he would do it again if the incident didn't happen. Ok, that's not bad. It's true, all the outfielders are chucking the ball up into the stands. The second one I definitely didn't like about how one can't know what the fan's thinking when going for a ball. It would have been nice to hear him say he wishes he had thrown it a bit higher. If there wasn't a problem with the throw, then why does he feel guilty?

Yes, the calling out of the intelligence of ballplayers was rude. It was more of a defense mechanism on my part against trolls attacking me here who show little evidence of being educated. I could have couched it better. Instead of saying because he's an idiot, he said what he did, I should have said he's not a professional public speaker or something like that, and that's why he should be cut some slack for anything awkward he might have said. Like we deserve some slack cut because of the overall troll infestation of the internet. Take it easy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Agreed. I think it would be a cool thing if Josh met with the boy and talked to him.  I don't think Josh is responsible at all, but if he could help the boy in any way it would be a beautiful thing. Maybe even paying for his education or something. The only problem, of course, would be posters like this guy would take it as a sign of guilt. So, he might be discouraged from doing so. It's a shame.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I think it is very much like you suppos, Kim.  Sadly, the legal process has to come first inthe "business" of baseball.  Once they vet the possible ramifications and find they're ok ...The club and Josh may take an entirely different stance.

I'm just waiting for  ball players to be kept behind sealed glass like a Jai-Alai fronton  ....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I take the quote  "Josh Hamilton killed a man" seriously. Your intent on starting this thread in this manner was to draw attention to yourself. You have got some serious issues. And stop blaming others for your own negligence. UR intent was crystal clear. If you didn't mean to that way, then change UR OP.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Fine, I changed the one sentence. You can go back and see for yourself. Now are you going to call out all the troll posts on this thread, or are you a hypocritical, authoritarian personality?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Thanks. There are a lot of sadists in our country, and it can be hard avoiding stooping to their level. I sincerely didn't respect his comments. First he says he would do it again if the incident didn't happen. Ok, that's not bad. It's true, all the outfielders are chucking the ball up into the stands. The second one I definitely didn't like about how one can't know what the fan's thinking when going for a ball. It would have been nice to hear him say he wishes he had thrown it a bit higher. If there wasn't a problem with the throw, then why does he feel guilty? Yes, the calling out of the intelligence of ballplayers was rude. It was more of a defense mechanism on my part against trolls attacking me here who show little evidence of being educated. I could have couched it better. Instead of saying because he's an idiot, he said what he did, I should have said he's not a professional public speaker or something like that, and that's why he should be cut some slack for anything awkward he might have said. Like we deserve some slack cut because of the overall troll infestation of the internet. Take it easy.

Nick,

Thank you for your comment. Now you're making sense. I'm a old faart who has learned the hard way by making comments without thinking, or let's say not thinking enough. If anything you just need to put more thought into what you write before posting because once what you author is in print you leave yourself open to public critique. All that being said, I'm not perfect either.

Cheers,
    Pete

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]  your saying that josh has some part in the tragedy is not what is being attacked. Josh is a variable, the stadium is a variable, the guy, the railing, the fact that his shoes were new and did not have good enough grip on the ground...all variables. What is wrong and kind of heartless or however you want to put it is placing blame on Josh, saying that his comments were self serving, and saying that because of Josh this man is dead. And the matter of fact way you are saying it.    "Josh Hamilton killed a man"   Josh hamilton didnt kill anyone. he was one of infinite variables that led to a tragic death. He however is one of the variables with a soul and therefore will feel terrible. This statement is being attacked and rightfully so    "Later on, he came up with some of the most self-serving comments ever."   Self serving? what comment is self serving. He said he feels bad, he didnt expect a tragedy and has thrown balls to fans many times and would do it again had this tragedy not occurred, he said his wife and kids helped him through feeling bad, he was upset and would reach out and help the family when the time is right. And in a post later calling baseball players dumb and saying Josh must be a dumb ball player who is just protecting himself. This statement is being attacked and rightfully so.   "His spin is he did nothing wrong, and it was the father's fault"   Where does he do this?????? Josh is a person who has had many things happen to him and doesnt blame anyone for any of it. He feels bad. end of story. He is saying he has thrown balls to hundreds of people and nothing has happened. And baseball should look into keeping fans safer at stadiums and if it was looked into before and fixed his underthrow would lead to only mild dissapointment not death. This statement is being attacked and rightfully so    
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to repeat myself. All your questions have been answered. Where are your posts calling out attacks on me that crossed the line?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : With over 16,000 posts in less than four years, maybe you take baseball too seriously.
    The gem in a thread full of drivel. Hamilton shouldn't be looked at as a hero, as a former drug addict, but he isn't the villain in this story either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Anyone with intelligence and critical thinking skills would understand the analogy. Others who bully like a Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity would not. I was talking about reactions to the comments not the nature of the two events being similar. Some people are incapable of a reasoned dialogue.

An outlandish premise doesn't deserve a "reasonable" dialogue.  You came on here to provoke just like Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity do.  That was an awful tragedy, and as someone else wrote, if anyone is at fault beside the dad himself, maybe it was the construction of the stadium. 

Now while I hope something like this never happens again, I hope it doesn't stop players from flipping balls into the stands because of it.  That's part of the fun of being at a baseball game and most people would know better than risk their life going after a baseball. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I'm not going to repeat myself. All your questions have been answered. Where are your posts calling out attacks on me that crossed the line?
    Yaz and kim dont call people AS$es NoahJustin Sarcasm is not appreciated here

Happy now

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Anyone with intelligence and critical thinking skills would understand the analogy. Others who bully like a Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity would not. I was talking about reactions to the comments not the nature of the two events being similar. Some people are incapable of a reasoned dialogue.

Now compare the high-lighted to your statement: "Josh Hamilton killed a man". Yeah, some people are incapable of a reasoned dialogue.

Children
     refuse to be held accountable for their actions. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : You can't put an inflammatory thread up erroneously condemning a player, say you changed your post, and now all the responses to it are wrong. lol FTR your thread was a troll post, and you had the nerve to report people who were responding to it. GMAB

I changed one word. No ideas were changed.

People can see through your posting history how you interact with others. Someone said I was Barney Frank's lover. Others like yourself also made personal attacks. You are not worthy of my time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

I'm done with you guys. those with an authoritarian personality must be on ignore by most of the nice people who frequent this board. Thanks to the few of you who heard me out. This was definitely a tragedy. Good luck dealing with the troll infestation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Now compare the high-lighted to your statement: " Josh Hamilton killed a man ". Yeah, some people are incapable of a reasoned dialogue. Children  refuse to be held accountable for their actions.  
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Agree, tasteless stuff. I was in tears after I read Josh heard the child screaming, and watching Nolan Ryan's press conference. This incident is completely unfair and unfortunate, and the OP had to start such a thread.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : The gem in a thread full of drivel. Hamilton shouldn't be looked at as a hero, as a former drug addict, but he isn't the villain in this story either.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]

Here's your troll infestation. UR replica supports the thread author by saluting
    a turd in a pile of dung.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I changed one word. No ideas were changed. People can see through your posting history how you interact with others. Someone said I was Barney Frank's lover. Others like yourself also made personal attacks. You are not worthy of my time.

Oops, I see Kim's posting history is hidden. I wonder why.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]I'm done with you guys. those with an authoritarian personality must be on ignore by most of the nice people who frequent this board. Thanks to the few of you who heard me out. This was definitely a tragedy. Good luck dealing with the troll infestation.

http://youtu.be/TylvUGJIi_w

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Agree, tasteless stuff. I was in tears after I read Josh heard the child screaming, and watching Nolan Ryan's press conference. This incident is completely unfair and unfortunate, and the OP had to start such a thread.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I've read threads here today that honestly were more informative than you'll find in normal press coverage.

But there are some individuals so low they make tabloid headline hunters look like Mother Teresa.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Harness' posting history can be seen. Many of them include personal attacks. A rough estimate shows he has made 240 posts in six days. Wtfreck? He is often here for hours on end, as if this is his job or a manifestation of an internet addiction. BDC should delete such accounts for including too many personal attacks and at least force them to start over. Anti-social bloggers are a real eyesore and will ultimately drive down page hits.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I was told recently that you couldn't see my posting history. That shows you just made that up. You're on a roll. Making troll threads, and lying about posters now. I'm glad I'm not worthy of your time.

Why do you hide your posts? Who cares anyway? I don't. Once something is seen clearly, it needn't be dealt with again. Some people would have made Good Germans.

25. This post has been removed.