Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead

Nick you made yourself a target with an OP that you should be embarrassed about.  The kind of attacks that posters wrote about you are relatively rare, but they show that you crossed a line.  Move on.. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead:
    [QUOTE]Harness' posting history can be seen. Many of them include personal attacks.A rough estimate shows he has made 240 posts in six days. Wtfreck? He is often here for hours on end, as if this is his job or a manifestation of an internet addiction. BDC should delete such accounts for including too many personal attacks and at least force them to start over. Anti-socialbloggers are a real eyesore and will ultimately drive down page hits.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

Try looking at that which instigates such personal attacks.
    You instigated this thread's subject matter. You could have easily said something like "Tragedy strikes when fan is killed chasing ball thrown by Josh Hamilton".
    You started this thread with clear intent. Now you add "Good Germans" - Your agenda is disturbing.
    Everything I said to you is true. Instead of manning up to it you find any reason to throw stones. That's the reaction of a child with social issues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In Response to Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead:
    [QUOTE]If this thread is in the wrong section, I don't mind if the mods move it. Baseball Tragedy (EDIT UPDATE: The first sentence below was rewritten. I truly believe what Hamilton did by underthrowing was akin to manslaughter.  I do not believe he was criminally negligent. I'm sorry that opinion is taken as offensive. That still doesn't justify many of the responses towards myself motivated by crude, authoritarian personality leanings.) This may sound cold, but Josh Hamilton's inadequate toss into the stands led to a man's death. He didn't do it on purpose, but a person died because of his action. Later on, he came up with some of the most self-serving comments ever. Josh Hamilton talks about Shannon Stone’s death "If the same situation came up and this hadn't happened, I'd do it again." His spin is he did nothing wrong, and it was the father's fault. "You do it so many times you just don't think about it. At the same time, as a player throwing the ball, you don't know what's going through that person's mind who's going to try and catch the ball. It's something to take a look at." Duh, you think so? One can view the incident at youtube. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aesp8ViZbro Josh Hamilton 'Distraught'; Texas Rangers Baseball Fan Dies, 2011 A fan had tumbled in a similar way a year ago in the same stadium. The throw by Hamilton was underthrown. I realize he didn't do it on purpose, but it was ultimately his negligence that should shoulder a percentage of.culpability. If he had simply thrown it higher, the man would not have tumbled to his ultimate demise. It is my opinion that the Texas Rangers should be sued for damages.

There is something wrong with you if you don't feel bad for Josh Hamilton.  Not as bad as you should for the dead man's family, of course, but it was an accident and Hamilton will probably suffer for the rest of his life even though he is blameless.  Negligence?  Damages?  Ridiculous.  Why not blame the "greedy" "fool" that risked leaving his son without a father for the sake of a stupid ball?  I'll tell you why not, because it was an accident, a terrible accident that in a world of 7 billion people is replicated every few minutes.

Why seek to blame every time a tragic accident happens?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

What if a batter had hit a fly ball out into the stands and the fan fell trying to catch it.  Would the batter be akin to manslaughter too? Players flipping balls to fans, is as old as the game is. Negligence? Now you sound like a lawyer trying to squeeze a buck out of a tragic accident. Everyone lost....Let it go!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Unfortunately the only way to steer people away from blaming Hamilton is to blame the man who had the misfortune of dying.  That is how you have to handle posters such as the author of this thread.

This man, already a father and well into his 30's, reacted to a inning ending baseball being thrown to him like it was the winning the lottery ticket blowing on the wind. He went for it. It was not like it was the game winning ball in the ALCS or Barry Bonds 700th homer, it was just a baseball.  I really cannot blame him though as just about all of us regardless of age go to baseball for one reason - its something we have loved since a kid. Because of that we tend to act like kids at the game, this man was not thinking about anything other than get that ball.

I have seen countless people climb over the backs of others to get a free t-shirt at a sporting event, I have seen men push children down just to grab a puck. Haven't we all? Haven't some of us behaved this way?

In the end blaming Hamilton is a disgusting act by the same types that sue Ronald McDonald for getting fat, or suing a homeowner because you injured yourself breaking into their home.

Should anyone bother to read my take best not think I am demeaning the man who died because I am not and you would be wrong. As for Josh Hamilton I can only hope he moves forward and can put this to rest best one can, his hands are entirely clean.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]If this thread is in the wrong section, I don't mind if the mods move it. Baseball Tragedy (EDIT UPDATE: The first sentence below was rewritten. I truly believe what Hamilton did by underthrowing was akin to manslaughter.  I do not believe he was criminally negligent. I'm sorry that opinion is taken as offensive. That still doesn't justify many of the responses towards myself motivated by crude, authoritarian personality leanings.) This may sound cold, but Josh Hamilton's inadequate toss into the stands led to a man's death. He didn't do it on purpose, but a person died because of his action. Later on, he came up with some of the most self-serving comments ever. Josh Hamilton talks about Shannon Stone’s death "If the same situation came up and this hadn't happened, I'd do it again." His spin is he did nothing wrong, and it was the father's fault. "You do it so many times you just don't think about it. At the same time, as a player throwing the ball, you don't know what's going through that person's mind who's going to try and catch the ball. It's something to take a look at." Duh, you think so? One can view the incident at youtube. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aesp8ViZbro Josh Hamilton 'Distraught'; Texas Rangers Baseball Fan Dies, 2011 A fan had tumbled in a similar way a year ago in the same stadium. The throw by Hamilton was underthrown. I realize he didn't do it on purpose, but it was ultimately his negligence that should shoulder a percentage of.culpability. If he had simply thrown it higher, the man would not have tumbled to his ultimate demise. It is my opinion that the Texas Rangers should be sued for damages.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]wow comrade, i've been accused of being the most provocative, incendiary and attention wh-ore poster on this board by a few, but jeez.. HERE'S YOUR CAKE! i mean, we come at it realy different, u and me.first of, i am more of a leftie-leaning lcapitalist libertarian, you clearly are more in favor of a BIGGER nanny state in line with both the extreme right and left in this great country. yep, ets get the govt involved with miscarriages and fetus issues, heck lets consider male ma-sturbation a form of involuntary maslaughter or homicide while we're at it, right? you reallly want mommy govt to be there for us to run under the skirt of it for anything that causes someone to die dont you? idiot dies in nascar, hey because dlae eaRnhardt dies, lets sue nascar or his crew chief, because a fan dies from flying debris, lets sue the driver of the car not put the onus on the fan who vlearly knows thats a risk for going to such an event... 

in this hamilton case, thats a clear tradition and most of all, the FAN asked for and called for the ball. hamilton underthrew as any smart baller would do for you do not want to fire it in ther as u would in gunning down a runner at home plate dr. genius.the fan simply should have let it go and not made a risky attempt. i'm sure josh would have given him a mulligan or 2 as it is at just about every game i've been to esp with kids involved. heck, he may have sent in a guy to give the kid a ball after the game or between innnings. stuff happens. life is not a guaranteed safety net. none of us get out alive, everyday we dont die is a miracle in itself when one considers all the stuff we can die from. chill out! 

josh is culpable in no freakin way.. unless u can prove that he intentionallly as a way of having fun decided to throw it short, their is no culpability. guy called for it, he delivered, bad unfortunate judgment on the guy's part occurred.. society should help out his kid emotionally and with $ for those interesed but please, we dont need no govt getting involved in any way here! MONE! i hope this fine tradition isnt banned because of this one act.. perhaps rangers and others can have nets insctalled in case someone falls.  the guy is not at fault 'less he was somehow drun and josh isnt. just an unfortunate accident. heck, casey anthony could not have been guilty with this non-evidence. in either cae, there is no clear way of proving INTENTION or willfulness (esp in josh's case)..

thanks for sharing the other side for i'm sure there are many big govt moralists and ambulance-chasing opportunists like urself out there, but ur WRONG in my view. josh has done absolutely nothing wrong!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If underthrown balls lead to deaths of fans why aren't more fans dead as the result of such underthrown balls? That's the essence of your problem, your argument is extremely weak. You've cherry picked an isolated incident that has never happened before and pretended as if there is a pattern. If there was a pattern of underthrown balls leading to deaths you might have a point. But you don't. You have no point, except to post something inappropriate and then get offended and report people when they are understandably upset at your insensitivity. I hope the BDC doesn't ban anyone who responded rudely to you, I can totally understand that reaction.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Unfortunately the only way to steer people away from blaming Hamilton is to blame the man who had the misfortune of dying. Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Allow me, Burrito, to piggy-back on that line.

There is no fault to be established here.  None. I'm not trying to school you, B.  Just using your platform.

This is the nature of an accident.  A true one.  All the norms of behavior and structural consideration are met, even prior to the game beginning.  What happened?  Not even an "Act of God" accident but one that had coincidentally accidental realities.

To blame Hamilton for doing something normal in the game is reprehensible and is seeking to expand that "SOMETHING"' into causality is faulty at the least, and almost criminal in intent as well.
       To blame the dead father is cruel and patently moronic.

The blame, if there is any, is to be laid firmly at the feet of Abner Doubleday for helping to invent a game that is beloved enough, through the test of time and repetition ... and truly countless lives, hours, and finances ...to have people play and or watch ... whether in a solitary fashion or within the bosom of one's loved ones, whether family or friends or both.

There IS blame here, though.  To the author of this thread for being so shallow and heartless as to make this a sounding board so he can simply say we are a poor place to practice free speech.

Free speech, as I've said before, IS NOT LICENSE and does bear responsibility.  SAY WHAT YOU WANT, but be adult enough to accept the FREE  SPEECH RESPONSES OF OTHERS.

That is the LEAST of it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Progressive Mass comment....THat is why you either stay or move out..I elected to move and have never looked back.....HAGD

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I reported your post as a personal attack. Maybe it will be deleted. If you're banned, I bet this isn't the first time you've made a trollish post. Maybe they'll do nothing. I don't care about your negative opinion of my post. The ball was underthrown.

Report away.  As I said, I don't care if I am banned when it comes to this most idiotic thread.

I have been banned.  It was February or March of 2005.  Feel better?

If I hurt your tender little feelings, then my limitless disdain for your shortsightedness and callousness in this issue only finds further condimental expansion.  In other words, it would only make my displeasure with your crassness feel even better.

My comments can easily be considered trollish by one with the insight and empathy of a slug.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : With over 16,000 posts in less than four years, maybe you take baseball too seriously.

with less than 300 posts in almost 3 years, Id say you dont really care about baseball that much..just like to troll the boards every once in a while to say something to get a reaction no matter how insensitive and inaccurate..So basically, Its YOU that is the trollish one....Nick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : SY, you fell into his trap. Like Lloyd, said, he's a pot stirrer; sort of like a Smiley for tragic incidents.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Steve,

If he were talking about something of no moment, I'd let the moron spend the rest of his life trying to figure out why he always hurts himself when he zips his pants.

This subject - or the stand and title - deserve far more of a thrashing than any of us can give him over the internet.  That, by the way, is not a threat of physical violence.  It is a consideration, however, of what a specialty lawyer might consider in terms of slander, intent to harm image and opportunity to earn a reasonable wage as one is accustomed to ....

If there are ambulance chasers as lawyers, maybe there should be one who follows this wreck.

Where is Softy when ....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Allow me, Burrito, to piggy-back on that line.     There is no fault to be established here.  None. I'm not trying to school you, B.  Just using your platform.   This is the nature of an accident.  A true one.  All the norms of behavior and structural consideration are met, even prior to the game beginning.  What happened?  Not even an "Act of God" accident but one that had coincidentally accidental realities.    To blame Hamilton for doing something normal in the game is reprehensible and is seeking to expand that "SOMETHING"' into causality is faulty at the least, and almost criminal in intent as well.    To blame the dead father is cruel and patently moronic.   The blame, if there is any, is to be laid firmly at the feet of Abner Doubleday for helping to invent a game that is beloved enough, through the test of time and repetition ... and truly countless lives, hours, and finances ...to have people play and or watch ... whether in a solitary fashion or within the bosom of one's loved ones, whether family or friends or both.    There IS blame here, though.  To the author of this thread for being so shallow and heartless as to make this a sounding board so he can simply say we are a poor place to practice free speech.   Free speech, as I've said before, IS NOT LICENSE and does bear responsibility.  SAY WHAT YOU WANT, but be adult enough to accept the FREE  SPEECH RESPONSES OF OTHERS.    That is the LEAST of it.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

**Standing Ovation**

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Amazingly  STUPID

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Why do you hide your posts? Who cares anyway? I don't. Once something is seen clearly, it needn't be dealt with again. Some people would have made Good Germans .

Congratulations!  You did a great job getting the attention you so much needed!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I think we should give Nick some credit here, and here me out first people.  I don't agree with what he said in the OP, and I've read not all but most of these responses.  He seems to have retracted some of his statements and looked at the issue in a different shade of light, he admitted he was wrong on some things and apologized to me and others posters on this board.

How many posters in here apologize to others, and have admitted when they are wrong?  maybe you didn't get the apology you wanted, or the change of stance you wanted....but it seems this board is filled with more narcissistic personality that could NEVER be wrong, always have an answer for everything, and their personal attacks are ALWAYS justified and have never even whispered the words "I'm sorry" 

While I still agree with everyone that the OP was ridiculous with the idea that Hamilton messed up and in some way is responsible for this mans death....I think more people should give credit where credit is due.  It takes a real man to admit he is wrong and to stand up and apologize, instead of arguing his point ridiculously into the ground (you guys know who I'm talking about) 

Just a thought people, but should it really be that hard to be considerate and friendly to others even when we are in disagreement???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Dude, get some help.

Seriously.

And stay out of law enforcement as a career, okay?

This is not an episode of Law and Order. It is reality; it is not a so-called reality show.

Get the difference?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

SinceYaz absolutely there is no one to blame. My angle was directed to the thread bearer and that vary small minority that would agree with him. If it actually got nasty in court, because you can bet your dollar someone will sue, the lawyers will have to get down in the mud. In the end an over exuberant fan was ... well over exuberant, and he paid his life for it.

I bet he (the deceased) was pumped to take his kid to a game - father and son - and the last conscious thought he had was that his son was alone in the stands and he was worried.... that does not sound like a bad dad to me.

Its a complete shame, and yes SY there is no one to blame.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

Nick Faldo, please stop talking about this. Your argument makes no sense, so please stop saying such ridiculous things. So, you would do the following in your personal life then - let's say you are diabetic. Some stranger, as a nice gesture and not knowing you are diabetic, says to you, "here, would you like my ice cream? I don't want it." You know it's a risk, but you eat the ice cream anyway. You go into diabetic shock. So, it's the stranger's fault and should be sued and held accountable? The man, like yourself in the hypothetical example, made a bad choice despite the risk. Just by being up against the rail like he was, he was taking a risk. Hamilton is at no fault whatsoever. Manslaughter, seriously, are you kidding me?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This is a tragedy and no one is to blame. The only good I can see coming from this is maybe fans will be a little more cognisant at the games, especially at the railings. Also, the Rangers might want to think about making their railing a little higher.

I fully expect MLB to overreact and ban players from tossing balls into the stands. I hope that doesn't happen.

I'll close by saying the notion that Josh Hamilton is in any way responsible and should be convicted of manslaughter is absurd.

EDIT: Just saw on SportsCenter that Hamilton fouled off a ball last night that hid a teenager in the face and required stitches. Man, talk about cursed!! But I ask the question of the OP: Is Hamilton also responsible for that?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]This is a tragedy and no one is to blame. The only good I can see coming from this is maybe fans will be a little more cognisant at the games, especially at the railings. Also, the Rangers might want to think about making their railing a little higher. I fully expect MLB to overreact and ban players from tossing balls into the stands. I hope that doesn't happen. I'll close by saying the notion that Josh Hamilton is in any way responsible and should be convicted of manslaughter is absurd. EDIT: Just saw on SportsCenter that Hamilton fouled off a ball last night that hid a teenager in the face and required stitches. Man, talk about cursed!! But I ask the question of the OP: Is Hamilton also responsible for that?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I pulled the replay up, Lloyd and studied it.  ( A patented lie, btw)

The KID threw his face into the ball. (But his DAD paid for the trickets, so I think it was his DAD's fault.)

If I were a drinking man, this might just drive me to a couple.  I'll eat a couple cookies instead ...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : SY, you fell into his trap. Like Lloyd, said, he's a pot stirrer; sort of like a Smiley for tragic incidents.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Smiley stirs the pot with a pro-Red Sox spoon. His spoon is stirred by a Sox fanatic on a Sox forum. The forum is designed to be comprised of Sox fanatics and homers. If such homerism ruffles the feathers of Yankee fans then that is a crying shame. You can always go to a Yankee forum where you belong and should feel happier. Comparing Smiley to the complete moron who started this thread is ludicrouus. I expected more from you Steven, shame on you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Oh please!!! Give me...and Hamilton, a break!! You must be a trial lawyer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Smiley stirs the pot with a pro-Red Sox spoon. His spoon is stirred by a Sox fanatic on a Sox forum. The forum is designed to be comprised of Sox fanatics and homers. If such homerism ruffles the feathers of Yankee fans then that is a crying shame. You can always go to a Yankee forum where you belong and should feel happier. Comparing Smiley to the complete moron who started this thread is ludicrouus. I expected more from you Steven, shame on you.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Well, I can always blame it on my trufan alias.