Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead

this might be the single most idiotic thread of all time...it was an accident -

Manslaughter = The unjustifiable, inexcusable, and intentional killing of a human being without deliberation, premeditation, and malice...

JH was trying to kill him as he lobbed the ball?????????? wtff

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead:
    In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : Again with the posting numbers. What on earth does that have to do with your inability to face the truth? Is that the best you got? Look at the response of every poster on this board. Are they all psychotic? Are you the sane one for blaming Hamilton? Talk about shallow...
    Posted by harness

He underthrew the ball leading to the firefighter falling over the railing down 20 feet into concrete. Hamilton messed up. Ultimate blame rests with the Texas Rangers. I'm not going to repeat myself anymore. I know how disruptive posters operate. They like to catapult the propaganda. They've never been in seminars nor learned the rules of academic dialogue. So keep writing your hundreds of posts each day on a game that means nothing. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who doesn't care anything about your ideas. You can give people a chance at first, but when time and again they bully rather than respond to actual points and in a civil manner, who needs that? Either you're one of those keyboard commandos speaking tough behind a monitor, or you've spent time in jail for fights or worse. I refuse to break bread with people like that. I refuse to acknowledge your existence. I'm grateful for the two people who I had an actual human exchange with. As for the rest of you, well, your posts speak for themselves.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

rednecks? wow.  

When I was a kid I grew up on the right side of the tracks, and our neighborhood looked down on the bad neighborhood across from the elementary school.  We played sports, and we played board games while they drove their mini dirt-bikes up and down the sand pits, and most of them were smoking dope by 14 while I was still playing Aerobe on the beach and in bed by 9. Our parents were well respected doctors and financial managers. Their parents worked delivering food goods, or were lobstermen. They repaired their autos in the front yard while we sent ours to an expensive auto shop where some of them worked. 

Well, most of our parents have been married 2 or 3 times by now, while many of theirs are still married to the same spouse.

I have to say a good many of who I used to label rednecks grew up to be wiser and better off than some us, the good sons of Pleasant Hill. 

Just thought I try to divert the thread away from the original subject as I cannot possibly fathom why you wrote it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : He underthrew the ball leading to the firefighter falling over the railing down 20 feet into concrete. Hamilton messed up. Ultimate blame rests with the Texas Rangers. I'm not going to repeat myself anymore. I know how

disruptive posters operate
    . They like to catapult the propaganda. They've never been in seminars nor learned the rules of academic dialogue. So keep writing your hundreds of posts each day on a game that means nothing. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who doesn't care anything about your ideas. You can give people a chance at first, but when time and again they bully rather than respond to actual points and in a civil manner, who needs that? Either you're one of those keyboard commandos speaking tough behind a monitor, or you've spent time in jail for fights or worse. I refuse to break bread with people like that. I refuse to acknowledge your existence. I'm grateful for the two people who I had an actual human exchange with. As for the rest of you, well, your posts speak for themselves.
    Posted by NickFaldo

I'm sure you do. You think Hamilton is thinking about all this when he performs an accepted act that thousands before him have emulated? Stop trying to justify UR  obvious intent. That's what you refuse to acknowledge.

I saw this thread on page 2/3 and didn't bother to bring it up due to the sick nature of how you stated it.
    Another poster did and when you went into denial, I called you out on it. You haven't address questions that will compromise UR commitment. That says a lot about you.

Compare my posts to others here. I've not gotten into the gutter. I questioned UR inability to be held accountable for your actions. And anything I say to you or anybody else I will gladly say to UR face. As for giving people a chance, I admit having a few posters on ignore. They are low-level posters with troubling agendas and have obvious communication issues. You were one of them, before this thread existed.  I wonder why?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Ted Kennedy Messed Up and Now a Woman is Dead. Ahh Massachusetts, the cradle of holy liberalism and virtue.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Hamilton's walk-off homer last night had to take some of the pressure off him, and put the focus back on playing baseball.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_07_09_oakmlb_texmlb_1&mode=recap_home&c_id=tex

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

why isnt this thread closed already? The OP obviously had and agenda..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Southpaw,

It meets one of the qualifications ... it has over 10 responses.

As to the (here goes the attack from the authoritarian, Ugly American, disruptive, redneck, poster.) idiot who keeps it going, I can say this final thing.  It must be hell being him.

BTW, I doubt very seriously this maroon has been outside the US, except on vacation - or, I shudder to think - in the armed serives.  The Ugly American now responding was born in East Pakinstan (now Bangladesh), lived in four other countries and 8 states in the US.

I'm obviously that Ugly Ammerican.  LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : He underthrew the ball leading to the firefighter falling over the railing down 20 feet into concrete. Hamilton messed up. Ultimate blame rests with the Texas Rangers. I'm not going to repeat myself anymore. I know how disruptive posters operate. They like to catapult the propaganda. They've never been in seminars nor learned the rules of academic dialogue. So keep writing your hundreds of posts each day on a game that means nothing. I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who doesn't care anything about your ideas. You can give people a chance at first, but when time and again they bully rather than respond to actual points and in a civil manner, who needs that? Either you're one of those keyboard commandos speaking tough behind a monitor, or you've spent time in jail for fights or worse. I refuse to break bread with people like that. I refuse to acknowledge your existence. I'm grateful for the two people who I had an actual human exchange with. As for the rest of you, well, your posts speak for themselves.
    Posted by NickFaldo

I thought you were leaving.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bootis4745. Show bootis4745's posts

"This may sound cold"

No, It Sounds Utterly Dumb and demonstrates how many Morons are out there.

WOW!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

The dude died because he valued catching a baseball more than his life.  The throw had nothing to do with it.
    Posted by snakeoil123

I completely agree, it's a sad and very unfortunate accident but in know way should Josh take any heat over it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead:
    If this thread is in the wrong section, I don't mind if the mods move it. Baseball Tragedy (EDIT UPDATE: The first sentence below was rewritten. I truly believe what Hamilton did by underthrowing was akin to manslaughter.  I do not believe he was criminally negligent. I'm sorry that opinion is taken as offensive. That still doesn't justify many of the responses towards myself motivated by crude, authoritarian personality leanings.) This may sound cold, but Josh Hamilton's inadequate toss into the stands led to a man's death. He didn't do it on purpose, but a person died because of his action. Later on, he came up with some of the most self-serving comments ever. Josh Hamilton talks about Shannon Stone’s death "If the same situation came up and this hadn't happened, I'd do it again." His spin is he did nothing wrong, and it was the father's fault. "You do it so many times you just don't think about it. At the same time, as a player throwing the ball, you don't know what's going through that person's mind who's going to try and catch the ball. It's something to take a look at." Duh, you think so? One can view the incident at youtube. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aesp8ViZbro Josh Hamilton 'Distraught'; Texas Rangers Baseball Fan Dies, 2011 A fan had tumbled in a similar way a year ago in the same stadium. The throw by Hamilton was underthrown. I realize he didn't do it on purpose, but it was ultimately his negligence that should shoulder a percentage of.culpability. If he had simply thrown it higher, the man would not have tumbled to his ultimate demise. It is my opinion that the Texas Rangers should be sued for damages.
    Posted by NickFaldo

Hope we can get you banned for this remark.........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : I reported your post as a personal attack. Maybe it will be deleted. If you're banned, I bet this isn't the first time you've made a trollish post. Maybe they'll do nothing. I don't care about your negative opinion of my post. The ball was underthrown.
    Posted by NickFaldo

I reported YOU for a personal attack, given your EXTREMELY distasteful remark.

Honestly.  This is one of the more despicable comments I've ever come across on these boards.  I don't post often, but I read often.  And this is just vile.  Hateful.  Awful.

You knock Hamilton for his comments, but here you are - a father is dead - focusing instead on taking a REALLY cheap shot at a man who was just trying to do nice by the fans, tossing a ball to the crowd, like players do every day.

If ANYone deserves blame, it's the Ranger organization for building such low railings.  The father asked for the ball, Hamilton tossed it, and a terrible accident ensued.  Instead of taking this cheap opportunity to make a disgusting criticism, why don't you redirect your energies towards lobbying for higher railings.  It is too often that a fan takes a dive, and not the first time it has ended tragically.

And let's address Hamilton's allegedly cold remarks.  As he said when interviewed: the father asked for the next foul ball.  He WANTED it thrown.  Throws to the crowd are no more guaranteed to be perfect than any other throw on the field.  Accidents happen.  Further, you're talking about a man who has worked hard to rebuild a broken life, and this kind of incident is exactly the kind of thing that can send an addict back into use.  So often, addiction is a band aid for personal or psychiatric problems.  Users are commonly emotionally unstable in some manner. 

Can you imagine a scenario where they guy is just trying to hold it together?  He IS technically correct about what he said.  It was NOT his fault, and he was performing a generous act - again, one that happens every game, many times, in MLB.  If you think he isn't hurting inside after this kind of thing - that it isn't going to haunt him for years to come - you are wrong.  He's a father.  He had to listen to the son of the dead man scream.  How easy it is for you to stand in judgment, all based on the initial remarks of a man who was stunned, just trying to hold himself together. 

Ever been in a situation like that?  Ever experienced the emotional shock that accompanies it? Ever been so frozen inside that the words leaving your mouth sound like they're coming from somewhere outside of your numb, shaken body?

Do you think you're helping the family of the dead man any by interjecting this kind of emotion into the situation?  Not that they're reading your posts, but just think about what you're doing.  Who are you helping?  Do you think Hamilton's kids need to hear this kind of stuff about their father?  Do you think it's going to save another life?  Do you think the family of the dead wants to feel anger at a player who was trying to do a nice thing - that the dad asked him to do?

I'm trying not to judge you as a person, but this is just awful.  Your comments are borderline sadistic.  Talk about kicking a guy when he's down; making a bad situation worse.

Why pile on?  Why add more negativity to an already awful occasion?

Just think about it.  How is this helpful, at all, to any person, in any way? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

All I can say is that this person is just stupid, sometimes these things just happen,  

maybe their should be a rule about tossing balls into the stand? Sad? sure, but may be needed to address this death.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Hamilton Messed Up and Now a Man is Dead : You didn't answer the question: Was Josh Hamilton to blame for that, too, and should he have to pay damages?
    Posted by LloydDobler

Cue the crickets.

Sections
Shortcuts