JOSH REDDICK, "HOW YA GOING TO KEEP HIM DOWN ON THE FARM"?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffh102082. Show jeffh102082's posts

Re: JOSH REDDICK, "HOW YA GOING TO KEEP HIM DOWN ON THE FARM"?????

In Response to Re: JOSH REDDICK, "HOW YA GOING TO KEEP HIM DOWN ON THE FARM"?????:
    [QUOTE]Jacoby goes in a trade for a solid young RH OF'er. Reddick is a solid OF defender with a decent arm, good speed, and gap power and low high teens career average homer power.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed[/QUOTE]

smart move - trade a guy who has been batting 300 about for a majority of the season plus leading league in stolen bases!

you sir are a moron

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: JOSH REDDICK, "HOW YA GOING TO KEEP HIM DOWN ON THE FARM"?????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: JOSH REDDICK, "HOW YA GOING TO KEEP HIM DOWN ON THE FARM"????? : smart move - trade a guy who has been batting 300 about for a majority of the season plus leading league in stolen bases! you sir are a moron
    Posted by jeffh102082[/QUOTE]  JEFFH102082..... SON, YOUR TALKING ABOUT THE BEST WRITER/POSTER (SOFTLAW) ON THIS BOARD !!  "LET ME BE CLEAR", HE IS FAR FROM A MORON AND KNOWS HIS BASEBALL TOO.....  HE JUST DOES NOT SEE THE VALUE THAT WE SEE IN JACOBY. HOWEVER, AS MY DAD WOULD SAY...... "SON, GIVE SOFTLAW (AKA MANY NAMES) A CHANCE, HE WILL COME AROUND"  !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Reddick is preferable to Drew, who is looking more and more like a shot ballplayer. Problem is , Drew and Cameron are virtually untradeable unless you are willing to eat most , if not all , of their salary.  As for a right hand hitting outfielder; keep an eye on Bryce Brentz. He is still in A-ball but showing a world of potential. Don't think he will be ready by 2012 but it could happen then or very soon after.  As for trading Ellsbury; you have got to be kidding.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I mentioned Btentz on here before and got shruggedoff cause he was in Low-A, since then hes been promoted to high-A Salem..in 2 games he already has 2 hr, 4-10, 3xtra basehits..I believe he could make AA by seasons end..prob not ready til 2013. but could have a CoC before then.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]despite the low avg Reddick is doing something this year in Pawtucket that no one thought he was capable of......walking.  He's showing patience at the plate and taking his free passes, while keeping his power numbers up.  There is much to be optimistic about this kid still. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Reddick, like Anderson, has developed a little slower than most at each level. But once he adapts and adjusts ,he has always put up solid numbers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JOSH REDDICK, "HOW YA GOING TO KEEP HIM DOWN ON THE FARM"????? :   JEFFH102082..... SON, YOUR TALKING ABOUT THE BEST WRITER/POSTER (SOFTLAW) ON THIS BOARD !!  "LET ME BE CLEAR", HE IS FAR FROM A MORON AND KNOWS HIS BASEBALL TOO.....  HE JUST DOES NOT SEE THE VALUE THAT WE SEE IN JACOBY. HOWEVER, AS MY DAD WOULD SAY...... "SON, GIVE SOFTLAW (AKA MANY NAMES) A CHANCE, HE WILL COME AROUND"  !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

For someone who "knows" baseball, hes sure has a lot of empty arguments. and when confronted, he runs the other way and changes the point..Its quite pathetic. If he knew baseball, he would be able to have a logical debate. But thats why he does what he does, now isnt it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

3 hits in one game, and he should start over Drew?

I like Reddick, always have.  Was never sure who would be better, Kalish, or Reddick.  Always disappointed that Reddick seemed to falter in his ML stints, his power potential and great arm make him a real good candidate for the RF job (Kalish would actually be a better CFer IMO).  And I am glad to see him have success finally.  But it is one game...Whoa, slow down there, Nelly!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

Reddick or Drew? That is about the dumbest question ever REDDICK ALL DAY EVERYDAY AND TWICE ON SUNDAY!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

smart move - trade a guy who has been batting 300 about for a majority of the season plus leading league in stolen bases!

you sir are a moron

Ever heard of talents like Upton and Kemp?

No, sir, you are a moron.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

[QUOTE]smart move - trade a guy who has been batting 300 about for a majority of the season plus leading league in stolen bases! you sir are a moron Ever heard of talents like Upton and Kemp? No, sir, you are a moron.

Your the one in every crowd who thinks he/she knows all, you sir or ma'am are a dunce.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]despite the low avg Reddick is doing something this year in Pawtucket that no one thought he was capable of......walking.  He's showing patience at the plate and taking his free passes, while keeping his power numbers up.  There is much to be optimistic about this kid still. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Reddick also let his hair grow out, which shows he finally knows whats up.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgtnull. Show sgtnull's posts

[QUOTE]smart move - trade a guy who has been batting 300 about for a majority of the season plus leading league in stolen bases! you sir are a moron Ever heard of talents like Upton and Kemp? No, sir, you are a moron.

and pray tell what woulod you have to trade to get such talent?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Reddick is being show cased for trade at the deadline.  He is not in the sox long term plans, unless you count as spare OF'er in AAA.  Same with Anderson.  These guys are sure bets to get moved for higher ceiling single A prospects, or fringe relief pitchers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Sarge, let me help you follow along. I think Ellsbury would help save money in Dodger and DBack land, during the worst economy since the Great Depression. I'd say Ellsbury and Lowrie, 2 cheap years of control and much lower cost extension or FA signings, would get some attention.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from superjet. Show superjet's posts

We are talking one game here,lets see how Reddick does against better pitching!I am not convinced about him yet!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

ctredsoxfanhugh basically pegged it. At least Reddick is seeing more pitches than before. He's still only around 24 and 12 HR in 1/3 of a season is decent. Possibly the most exciting aspect of Reddick is his defense. Between Kalish and Reddick we are looking at a continous highlight reel in the OF. Reddick can replace Drew defensively in RF and what is different about him compared to Drew if he puts up a plus .800 OPS with similar defense? Maybe he hits .250 in Fenway but smacks 25 HR. Isn't that what Drew has been giving us for a while, for $13.5 mil more cost?

Agreed that 1 game is nothing and Reddick still probably doesn't make it as a mlb starter for the Sox long term but he has a chance. He is a hard worker who is all business out there, trying his best. He has natural ability and his long ball potential only improves going forward. He hasn't shown much ability yet at all to go opposite field. He is still learning the strike zone but he may well end up out future RF yet. To me he is probably our best shot short term. Maybe Kalish, Brentz, Hazelbaker and Hassan will all be breathing down his neck next year but he is probably the best option of the lot for next year. If we give him a chance at all.

I hope Reddick has a great 2 weeks because it's real important to his future.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Spaceman - I was thinking the same thing about the hair....he truly is a Sox.

Boom - Agree on everything you said, I really like Reddick's defense and could care less if he bats .250 if he can still get on base and hit 25 + homeruns for nothing $$$$.

Also there is much to be excited about on the farm.  Hazelbaker, Hassan and Brentz are all having great years. Even players in single A like Brandon Jacobs have tremendous talent. Of course we can't forget about Kalish as well, who was all but crowned to be the next RF before a low start and a trip to the D.L. in 2011.  Your right though the next 2 weeks are very important for Reddick, he has a shot to show us what he has. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Another point on Reddick's improved approach at the plate, and this is just speculation but I hope plausible.

If he is taking a lot more pitches, taking his free passes and being more selective at what pitches to hit (power numbers up but avg down) then hopefully with time he can make some adjustments, and be able to identify and select his pitches better, which could help his avg go back up.  Reddick has shown the ability to learn adapt and improve, making adjustments at higher levels....and at the very least going from Vladimir Guerrero swinging at everything to more of a Kevin Youkilis choosing his pitches he has shown what great work ethic he has.  That's the kind of player you WANT to become a star. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

ANOTHER HIT LAST NIGHT !!!   1ST. PLACE RED SOX!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

You are absolutely right ctredsoxfanhugh. Couldn't agree more. We have great OF depth now in the minors:

1) Kalish
    2) Reddick
    3) Hassan
    4) Hazelbaker
    5) Brentz
    6) Jacobs
    7) Ramos
    8) Lin
    *** Vitek may well still end up an OF.

And with Crawford under a 7 year contract and Ellsbury here for 2.7 more years we don't need that many OF prospects to actually make it.

I can't believe the numbers Brentz is putting up. On pace for 39 HR in around 570 AB. Hitting .360 so far:

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

It's easy to proclaim Reddick the starter while he is hitting .500.

If he tailes off and starts posting .230/.350/.350 slash lines, how many will still be mandating he be the starter in the post-season?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Many of us are not proclaiming Reddick as the starter this year but are hopeful he emerges for next year. Drew is going to start when he comes back, possibly even as early as today. We are just hopeful that Reddick keeps improving upon his past few year's dismal call ups. And it looks like he is getting better.

His HR Pace is roughly 1 HR out of every 13.75 AB in the minors this year. And the guy could well fill out to be a major HR hitter at some point in the future. He is on pace to hit 30-40 HR this year in AAA ball if he continued to play there. Very few 24 year olds ever put up those kinds of numbers in AAA ball.

I don't even think Darnell is hurt. I think they wanted to get a look at Reddick. The player development people are probably seeing what they wanted to see for the first time. I really think he may even stay with the team for 2 weeks or so, maybe longer. Darnell might be going bye bye soon if Reddick produces.

What if he is as advertised, and capable of playing CF with that kind of pop? That would be a lot of value with the free agent pool for OF being so bad next year. They need to start thinking at least some about next year if Darnell is the only casualty in that evaluation. And if he hits, Reddick isperfect for Fenway's RF, freeing up some other Redsox OF prospects for a trade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Don't forget westmoreland.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Agreed Adam!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

"Many of us are not proclaiming Reddick as the starter this year but are hopeful he emerges for next year. Drew is going to start when he comes back, possibly even as early as today. We are just hopeful that Reddick keeps improving upon his past few year's dismal call ups. And it looks like he is getting better."

Actually, jugding from this thread, many ARE proclaiming him the starter for the rest of the season.

You might choose to be reasonable and realistic, but that does not mean you should expect eveyone else to be...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I read the same posts Notin. I hear you!