JOSH REDDICK, "HOW YA GOING TO KEEP HIM DOWN ON THE FARM"?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Re: JOSH REDDICK, "HOW YA GOING TO KEEP HIM DOWN ON THE FARM"?????

In Response to JOSH REDDICK, "HOW YA GOING TO KEEP HIM DOWN ON THE FARM"?????:
    [QUOTE]   3 HITS, 3 RBI's......  WOW !!  DOES THEO & TITO KNOW THEIR STUFF !!   J D WHO ?????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

With any luck at all Drew will fall down the clubhouse stairs and throw his back out for the rest of the season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: JOSH REDDICK, "HOW YA GOING TO KEEP HIM DOWN ON THE FARM"?????:
    [QUOTE]Many of us are not proclaiming Reddick as the starter this year but are hopeful he emerges for next year. Drew is going to start when he comes back, possibly even as early as today. We are just hopeful that Reddick keeps improving upon his past few year's dismal call ups. And it looks like he is getting better. His HR Pace is roughly 1 HR out of every 13.75 AB in the minors this year. And the guy could well fill out to be a major HR hitter at some point in the future. He is on pace to hit 30-40 HR this year in AAA ball if he continued to play there. Very few 24 year olds ever put up those kinds of numbers in AAA ball. I don't even think Darnell is hurt. I think they wanted to get a look at Reddick. The player development people are probably seeing what they wanted to see for the first time. I really think he may even stay with the team for 2 weeks or so, maybe longer. Darnell might be going bye bye soon if Reddick produces. What if he is as advertised, and capable of playing CF with that kind of pop? That would be a lot of value with the free agent pool for OF being so bad next year. They need to start thinking at least some about next year if Darnell is the only casualty in that evaluation. And if he hits, Reddick isperfect for Fenway's RF, freeing up some other Redsox OF prospects for a trade.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

It's just part of the process of evaluating all of next year's potential replacements for Drew.  I don't think any player has an edge quite yet.  As it should be, it's pretty wide open at this point. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: JOSH REDDICK, "HOW YA GOING TO KEEP HIM DOWN ON THE FARM"?????:
    [QUOTE]" Many of us are not proclaiming Reddick as the starter this year but are hopeful he emerges for next year. Drew is going to start when he comes back, possibly even as early as today. We are just hopeful that Reddick keeps improving upon his past few year's dismal call ups. And it looks like he is getting better ." Actually, jugding from this thread, many ARE proclaiming him the starter for the rest of the season. You might choose to be reasonable and realistic, but that does not mean you should expect eveyone else to be...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Yes I think some want to proclaim him as the next RF this year, but I think some also are just pointing out that there is much talent with Reddick and a lot to still be excited about the kid.  Personally I think J.D. is still the RF and Reddick is "back in the mix"  However (for the next week at least) I say he plays often, and if he plays well then I say keep him up here.  I wouldn't go to Vegas and bet that to happen but with his young legs and arm in the outfield he would be an upgrade over Drew if he can maintain a OPS above .800.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

Its funny how most felt that Kalish would be handed RF next season but Reddick may have something to say about that. Both are good players and it will be interesting to see how all that plays out. But the Sox being the Sox I think the Sox will likely trade for a good hitting right handed power hitter using Reddick and Kalish as trade bait. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Defensively Reddick would be a better option in RF but both are acceptable IMO. Neither player is projected to be a superstar but both are potential starters. We have so many OF studs coming up that we are in a good position especially within 1-2 years, not necessarily next year. All we need is for one of these 2 guys to put up a .750 OPS as they both are decent defensively. I would hope that they give both Reddick and Kalish a chance but Kalish's arm is not ideal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

According to mlbtraderumors, several scouts are very interested in Reddick this year. Some are saying he would start on several mlb level teams right now and would be a trade interest if the Sox made him available. We sometimes forget he is still only 24. We also overlook his defensive ability and just focus on the low average. He has the tools to become great and if he adds a few pounds his power numbers could defiinitely go up. If looked at from a tools and projectability perspective only he looks like a great prospect, a top 50 type prospect even potentially within all of mlb. The problem is his plate discipline and that is CLEARLY improving, helping his stock a lot. He was listed as our 4th best prospect by baseballamerica.com last year, and they seem to have more scouting reports involved in their ratings than most.

My gut feeling is that he may replace McDonald in the depth chart real soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]According to mlbtraderumors, several scouts are very interested in Reddick this year. Some are saying he would start on several mlb level teams right now and would be a trade interest if the Sox made him available. We sometimes forget he is still only 24. We also overlook his defensive ability and just focus on the low average. He has the tools to become great and if he adds a few pounds his power numbers could defiinitely go up. If looked at from a tools and projectability perspective only he looks like a great prospect, a top 50 type prospect even potentially within all of mlb. The problem is his plate discipline and that is CLEARLY improving, helping his stock a lot. He was listed as our 4th best prospect by baseballamerica.com last year, and they seem to have more scouting reports involved in their ratings than most. My gut feeling is that he may replace McDonald in the depth chart real soon.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]I am not sure that this serves Reddick all that well though I would say that Darnell MCDonald is likely being evaluated as to his value.

If a player with more versatilty (IF-OF) hits the waiver wire or lower cost trade, the RS may make that leap. Reddick would benefit more from consistent PT at the AAA level this year and considering the RS really hope to replace Drew organically and Kalish's development has hit a DL speed bump it makes sense to invest in his development.

But IMO the Reddick call-up said a lot about the RS view of Mike Cameron at this juncture too. The assumed every day starting CF of 2010 was not deemed as the best short term replacement versus RH pitching while JD Drew nursed his hamstring.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jakethesnake53. Show Jakethesnake53's posts

These un-knowlegeable bloggers that keep insisting that Jake gets traded, definetly do not know  a thing about baseball! What else do they want from Jake? He's a great lead-off hitter, an exceptional baserunner with lightning speed and is a TEAM player more than a lot of other turkeys on that team!!! What difference does it make which side of the plate you bat from? I bet there are almost 2 tp 1 right handed starters than lefties, so you bloggers should get on his band wagen instead of getting rid of him! If " THE BOY WONDER" ever trades him, "WONDER BOY" should be fired!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE] These un-knowlegeable bloggers that keep insisting that Jake gets traded, definetly do not know  a thing about baseball! What else do they want from Jake? He's a great lead-off hitter, an exceptional baserunner with lightning speed and is a TEAM player more than a lot of other turkeys on that team!!! What difference does it make which side of the plate you bat from? I bet there are almost 2 tp 1 right handed starters than lefties, so you bloggers should get on his band wagen instead of getting rid of him! If " THE BOY WONDER" ever trades him, "WONDER BOY" should be fired!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Jakethesnake53[/QUOTE]Well in his case historically it doesn't matter much which side of the plate he hits from. But the team is overly LH. And LH hitters as a population tend to be able to make it MLB with worse splits versus LH than RH do versus RH. Too many RH pitchers in the world to make it if RH eat your lunch. But Ellsbury is the least of the LH issues in the OF, Drew and Crawford are much more vulnerable to the LH-LH match up than Jacoby is. It is why he has played in every game so far this year and Tito jokes that his next day off will be in March in Tampa.

The posters are the posters and some rather have a power game in the OF. Debating Ellsbury became a fixture in part as a process to level set expectations and then got a life of its own because the debate has a serial sponsor that won't let it rest even in the face of his 2011 start.

While Jacoby is under the RS contractual control I think they will be satisfied to work one year deals with accelerating salary through the arbitration process. It is Boras' preference for almost all his clients and frankly with Crawford having so many redundant traits and huge salary I am sure the RS aren't looking to make a long term commitment either. GM's often say there are no bad one year contracts.

The deeper the farm gets the more likely the RS would be open to a trade offer that appeared very advantageous to them. But for the moment I think they are quite happy with Ellsbury and do not fret his UZR or other minor points that are hot topics in forums like this.

It is long time off still but the odds of Ellsbury being on a multi-year deal with the RS in the future appear slim.