Josh Reddick for Carlos Beltran.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Josh Reddick for Carlos Beltran.

Would you do this trade?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Re: Josh Reddick for Carlos Beltran.

In Response to Josh Reddick for Carlos Beltran.:
    Would you do this trade?
    Posted by btownteamsrking

Nope.  Reddick may very well be playing way over his head, but he's reliable.  Beltran, while very good has a scary injury history, would (I believe, not really sure of his contract status), be only a rental.  I'm not averse to trading Reddick for a longer term right-handed OF bat, but Beltran's injury/contract status doesn't seem to fit for me.  Then again, I don't run the team - LOL :).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Josh Reddick for Carlos Beltran.:
    In Response to Josh Reddick for Carlos Beltran. : Nope.  Reddick may very well be playing way over his head, but he's reliable.  Beltran, while very good has a scary injury history, would (I believe, not really sure of his contract status), be only a rental.  I'm not averse to trading Reddick for a longer term right-handed OF bat, but Beltran's injury/contract status doesn't seem to fit for me.  Then again, I don't run the team - LOL :).
    Posted by gr82bme

But I do.

And I agree with you.

Beltran can be great, when he's healthy.  81 some and 64 some games in consecutive years with the Mets ... ouch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Beltran would probably be better than Reddick for the rest of this year, but you don't trade six years of a quality prospect for a two month rental. Just doesn't work out long-term.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Nah.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

This is a very tough call for me. I believe Reddick is progressing very well, but Beltran could be the final piece to a World Series Title.

I think we need to see Reddick play everyday from now until the deadline and then we can think about trading him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

For the record, Ive become a big fan of Reddick since he came up last year. He reminds me of a YOUNG JD Drew.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

I'll help Reddick pack.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I suspect the New York Mets would want more than Josh Reddick, a 24-year-old outfielder with a career minor league line of .278/.332/.500/.832 and only a brief appearance on a Baseball America Top 100 prospect list (No. 75 in 2010).

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=reddic001jos

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Go get a pitcher.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Thing is, Beltran doesn't solve the right field issue.  He's a plug in for a year......unless you actually want to replace J.D. Drew with a 35 year old injury prone player (sounds like an exact replacement).  Beltran would be a rental, and seeing how we have the most runs scored in the MLB and the most against LHP and the best AVG against LHP...I don't really see a pressing need in RF.

If anything we need pitching depth. 

Say no to Beltran.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I probably wouldn't do this deal but if it helps get you a WS title than you'd have to.  I think people are under the impression that Theo wouldn't part with Reddick because he's a home grown talent but we also have to remember that the Sox have several OF'ers that could be competing for the RF job over the course of the next few years.

Reddick
    Kalish
    Middlebrooks
    Chiang
    Hassan

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Reddick for Beltran?!?  No way! 

Beltran is an overrated player who only shined during the 2004 playoffs for the Astros. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

nfw

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Josh Reddick for Carlos Beltran.:
    Would you do this trade?
    Posted by btownteamsrking

I'm a bit skeptical about the long term health of Beltran but I would take him for the following reason.  If you want a guy that is known to step it up in the PS Carlos may be the guy.

Beltran Career PS Stats

BA  OBP SLG OPS

.366 .485  .817 1.302

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Bellsbury for Kemp. Problem solved.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Looks like its a no for Reddick for Beltran.

I agree, I like Reddick better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Ellsbury for Kemp?!?  No way. 

The offense is fine.  We need help in pitching. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Bellsbury for Kemp. Problem solved.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw

problem sovled...in your la la land.  L.A. is not going to take Ellsbury for Kemp. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

No way, Reddick is 24 with all the bells and whistles.Beltran is 34 yrs. old with no wheels.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

No way, Reddick is 24 with all the bells and whistles.Beltran is 34 yrs. old with no wheels.
    Posted by eggplants

I remember going back and forth with you some time back on the issue of Kalish vs. Reddick as the prospective future RF.

While it's a little unfair to write of Kalish because has been out for the most of part this season and it's too soon to write him off, it is starting look like you may have been right....Reddick is really making a case for himself.

I still think it's too soon to hand the crown over the Reddick, but like I said he is REALLy making a case for himself, I'll give credit where credit is due....you called that one. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bad idea. No way I make that trade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

IT is very possible that the 24 year old Reddick may not be the long term solution in R.F.However,swapping him for an aging and injury prone 34 year old outfielder whose legs have betrayed him and is a less than a half year rental(in all likelyhood)makes little if any sense in both the short and long term.I do believe that a right-hander stick with some pop who would be versitile enough to play a couple of positions(at least the corner O.F.slots)who isn't at the end of his career and is tied up for a minimum of this and next year.A starting pitcher who could fill the 4th or 5th starting role is the more pressing problem given the injury situation in the rotation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

ctsoxfanhugh,  Yeah, we did have our moments with Kalish and Reddick. If you remember, I picked Reddick to make the big club out of spring training. I was three months early, go figure. 

Sections
Shortcuts