Josh Reddick for Carlos Beltran.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Josh Reddick for Carlos Beltran.

In Response to Re: Josh Reddick for Carlos Beltran.:
    [QUOTE]Ellsbury, Lowrie or Middlebrooks and Hassan or Brentz and Doubrant or Weiland for Kemp. Keep Reddick, a cheap punch and judy lefty.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

Again your ignorance shows.
    Reddick is not a punch & Judy hitter.
    Look at his HR/AB ratio - especially this year. He was averaging 45 dingers in AAA.
    And his power is transferring to the Majors.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]I probably wouldn't do this deal but if it helps get you a WS title than you'd have to.  I think people are under the impression that Theo wouldn't part with Reddick because he's a home grown talent but we also have to remember that the Sox have several OF'ers that could be competing for the RF job over the course of the next few years. Reddick Kalish Middlebrooks Chiang Hassan
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Since when is Middlebrooks an OF?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Beltran could be the final piece to a World Series Title. "

Are you sure about that? What if another pitcher goes down? 

Pitching is clearly the weak link now due to injuries, so there's no use talking about "one final piece" yet. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]" Beltran could be the final piece to a World Series Title. " Are you sure about that? What if another pitcher goes down?  Pitching is clearly the weak link now due to injuries, so there's no use talking about "one final piece" yet. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I know we all like Reddick, but lets not just disrespect Beltran. He is projected for 24 HRs this year while batting at .287

Reddick has been great for us this year, but he is young and you never know how it goes with young guys. That is why its easy to reason for one or the other.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Plus Beltran is a free agent at the end of the year. We don't need a rent-a-player. We have Reddick, Kalish and Westmoreland coming up. I don't think we need Beltran. Ironically I saw both Beltran and Damon play for the Wilmington Blue Rocks single A team in the early to mid nineties. They were a Royals farm team then. They were a Red Sox farm team a few years back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Plus Beltran is a free agent at the end of the year. We don't need a rent-a-player. We have Reddick, Kalish and Westmoreland coming up. I don't think we need Beltran. Ironically I saw both Beltran and Damon play for the Wilmington Blue Rocks single A team in the early to mid nineties. They were a Royals farm team then. They were a Red Sox farm team a few years back.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

I think you got the wrong guy with Westmoreland. We all only hope he gets a chance to play again, but he may never play in a game again.

Good night.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

i doubt Redick is on the table for this kind of trade. I'd look more at guys like Chih-Hsien Chiang, Reynaldo Rodriguez, Cesar Cabral, and Stephen Fife. They're guys that the Mets could put on their 40 man roster and develop. The Sox will likely lose them to the rule 5 draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

trade a 24yr old kid coming into his own + more prospects for a 2 month rental that wont produce not 1 pick in the draft when he departs for FA?  No..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

If you watch last nite game, Reddick made couple big time catches last nite.  If that was Beltran playing in Reddick's spot, who know he couldnt run as fast as Reddick to make these catches.  So therefore, Boston would had lost last nite.  I know Beltran is a much better hitter than Reddick, but I wouldnt never play Beltran in the OF.  With Crawford being out due to hamstring OF, heck no way that Boston is going to risk themselves to get another injure prone OF.  If Theo can able to get rid of Drew for Beltran, maybe I would consider that deal.   Other than that, forget the trade.  Imagine Drew, Beltran and Crawford who all could get injure at the same time just like Bucholtz, Lester, Dice K and Beckett who all got injured at the same time!!   Come on guys, forget Beltran!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Would I do it? Of course! Would New York do it? Not unless we threw in another prospect. And Ellsbury is on pace for 25 homers, so it's not like he has 0 power.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hortonhearzacup. Show hortonhearzacup's posts

reddick for beltran is a good trade for the sox, mets may jump a payroll dump with possibilty ofa good not great future starter. i think the sox have enough outfield depth in the system that it is worth taking a chance on this trade. Kalish will be long term solution in RF I think

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

The injury to Kalish has really made the picture cloudy because we don't know what we have in him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Josh Reddick for Carlos Beltran. : Again your ignorance shows. Reddick is not a punch & Judy hitter. Look at his HR/AB ratio - especially this year. He was averaging 45 dingers in AAA. And his power is transferring to the Majors.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Your such a jerk, you make one post on this thread and its calling someone "ignorant".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Reddick left a small village on base last night. Just saying.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'd stay far away from Beltran - let him be someone else's problem

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Reddick left a small village on base last night. Just saying.
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

Everybody left a small village on base last night. Just saying.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

small village - that was funny.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

NO !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I wouldnt give up Reddick for Beltran....and I have pushing for the Sox to get Beltran....I jus dont think you give up a ML ready guy for a two month rental who will not even bring back draft picks and who will cost you 7mm dollars for the rest of the year. I still think as long as you take the Salary(and rumors day the Mets are willing to keep some salary for a better prospect)...then you can get Beltran for A level prospects...maybe a Brandon Jacobs...or if you wanty to go a little higher a Oscar Tejeda.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Carlos Beltran is a Scott Boras client and he has 5 / 10 rights he would have to waive.
    Beltran would be a rental.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

When Reddick was in the lineup earlier in the season he was batting in the 7 or 8 hole. No pressure in the lower part of the order.It seemed like they were easing him in, letting him get comfortable. Now they're letting him get familiar with the 6 hole in the lineup, seeing if he can produce with men on base. This is very interesting because this is a run production slot. If he can hit in this spot for average and power He'll stay in the lineup. For him this is crunch time. Good Luck Kid !!! ctsoxfanhugh and I are rooting for you. No way they trade this kid.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury, Lowrie or Middlebrooks and Hassan or Brentz and Doubrant or Weiland for Kemp. Keep Reddick, a cheap punch and judy lefty.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]
    Meh.  I hate to admit it but this isn't too far off IMO.  Ells, Lowrie & Doubrant is fair trade IMO.  That said, we don't need to do it; what we really need is pitching.  Plus LA won't do it.  I'll be happy keeping Ells until he hits FA and see where we are at then.

Now back to reality as we know it ... your Reddick comment is ignorance defined. He may not be a future AS, but he is definitely not p&j.

Also, big NO on the Reddick/Beltran deal.  Way too high a price for a 60 game rental.  Reddick is much improved and may have a bright future.  Cue the Chronicles of Reddick hype if he hits a couple more dingers soon.  Let's hope he hits that ceiling.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]                        When Reddick was in the lineup earlier in the season he was batting in the 7 or 8 hole. No pressure in the lower part of the order.It seemed like they were easing him in, letting him get comfortable. Now they're letting him get familiar with the 6 hole in the lineup, seeing if he can produce with men on base. This is very interesting because this is a run production slot. If he can hit in this spot for average and power He'll stay in the lineup. For him this is crunch time. Good Luck Kid !!! ctsoxfanhugh and I are rooting for you. No way they trade this kid.
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]

Yes sir - He was 1-4 last nigth which wasn't a stellar performace, but he's still showing signs of being more patient at the plate.  He had an RBI chance last night after missing an earlier opportunity and drew a walk to load the bases instead.  And that HR was pretty impressive as well.  I also liked the line drive HR, that swing looked real sweet.......Imagine how many HR he can wrap around the pesky pole with a swing like that.