JUNE 8TH.... THEO HAS A COUPLE OF MOVES TO MAKE TODAY.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

JUNE 8TH.... THEO HAS A COUPLE OF MOVES TO MAKE TODAY.......

JED WILL BE ON THE  D L BY GAME TIME TONIGHT, AND THERE IS THE QUESTION OF BOBBY JENKS....   STAND BY !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: JUNE 8TH.... THEO HAS A COUPLE OF MOVES TO MAKE TODAY.......

They definitely need BP help.  Even if Jenks' injury isn't severe, he can't be relied upon to stay healthy over the long haul.

They can by with lowrie in the DL.  The Sox weren't looking for a huge offensive production for the SS position.  Lowrie helped them get on track, but with the other guys hitting their stride, they can afford to lose to lowrie's bat in the line up.

With Jenks on the DL and Pap serving a 3 game suspension, there's an opportunity for someone in the BP to step up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: JUNE 8TH.... THEO HAS A COUPLE OF MOVES TO MAKE TODAY.......:
    [QUOTE]They definitely need BP help.  Even if Jenks' injury isn't severe, he can't be relied upon to stay healthy over the long haul. They can by with lowrie in the DL.  The Sox weren't looking for a huge offensive production for the SS position.  Lowrie helped them get on track, but with the other guys hitting their stride, they can afford to lose to lowrie's bat in the line up. With Jenks on the DL and Pap serving a 3 game suspension, there's an opportunity for someone in the BP to step up.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I'll admit that CC is starting to hit, and that Agon and Papi are already in stride.
    Ells is solid.
    It's Youk and Pedey that are killing us right now. Youk is .184 over his last 10 and Pedey has not been above .250 since early April. He's 6 for 20 so far for June, which is a good sign, and hopefully it continues. With Lowrie now hurt, 7 thru 9 is not looking good. Drew is .175 w/RISP with 10 K's in 40 AB's, but we know we're stuck with him the rest of the year. Cameron is a bust, plain and simple.
    I'd talk about our catching situation but might incur the wrath of harness so I'll leave that alone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I do not lik oZzie Guillen but he has been right about Jenks so far. I think the issue with Jenks is conditioning. He looks over weight. Thats what I think his issue is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: JUNE 8TH.... THEO HAS A COUPLE OF MOVES TO MAKE TODAY.......:
    [QUOTE]I do not lik oZzie Guillen but he has been right about Jenks so far. I think the issue with Jenks is conditioning. He looks over weight. Thats what I think his issue is.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!!  Jenks needs to drop about 10-15 LBS and start a conditioning program..Theres only a select few "fat" men out there getting it done..I dont think Jenks' back can handle it..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Definitely, it is conditioning with Jenks.  He can be as fat as CC Sab. if he wants, but he has to be in great shape to perform.   It worked for Beckett, it can work for him.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

"i don't think jenks' back can handle it."

i don't think his front can handle it either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

The Sox need to fix their bullpen from within.  Guys like Doubront and Weiland and even Bowden should get a chance.  Established relievers are typically terrible investments because they rarely perform at a high level for several yrs in a row.  If they had everything they need in their arsenal, they would be starters and not relievers in the 1st place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

JENKS GOING ON 15 DAY  D L ..... & WHAT ABOUT PEDY AND HIS KNEE ???   WILL KNOW MORE BY 5:00pm TODAY !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox need to fix their bullpen from within.  Guys like Doubront and Weiland and even Bowden should get a chance.  Established relievers are typically terrible investments because they rarely perform at a high level for several yrs in a row.  If they had everything they need in their arsenal, they would be starters and not relievers in the 1st place.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Yes.  I'd like to see the Sox try this first.