Junior Seau commites suicide

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Junior Seau commites suicide

found dead in his home in San Diego from a self inflicted gun shot wound to his chest. Wrong board but know a lot of posters here are also Patriots fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Junior Seau commites suicide

That's sad to hear. RIP Junior. He always seemed to come to the game ready to play didn't he? And here I was thinking he was living the life of ease in sunny San Diego.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to Junior Seau commites suicide:
    found dead in his home in San Diego from a gun shot. Wrong board but know a lot of posters here are also Patriots fans.
    Posted by J-BAY

Horrible news.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

found dead in his home in San Diego from a gun shot. Wrong board but know a lot of posters here are also Patriots fans.
    Posted by J-BAY

Yup, heard it on WEEI.

So damned sad...

RIP Junior.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

found dead in his home in San Diego from a self inflicted gun shot wound to his chest. Wrong board but know a lot of posters here are also Patriots fans.
    Posted by J-BAY

Odd. Most suicides by hand-gun is to the head. My brother went that way, my other brother jumped off a bridge.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Junior Seau commites suicide:
    In Response to Junior Seau commites suicide : Odd. Most suicides by hand-gun is to the head. My brother went that way, my other brother jumped off a bridge.
    Posted by harv53

sorry for your losses, Harv.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to Re: Junior Seau commites suicide : sorry for your losses, Harv.
    Posted by J-BAY

Thanks J-bay. It is what it is. I guess they just couldn't cope with life and I'm still mad as hell at both of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

what a bummer. Jr was a great leader both on and off the football field. I posted my thoughts on the pats board and I'm repeating what I said here. I extend my deepest sympathies to his family and they have my prayers as well.

also the same to you harv on the losses you and your family have had.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

It's possible he wanted his brain intact for research.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

thanks J, sad day..such a great and heady player...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It's possible he wanted his brain intact for research.
    Posted by Roadrunner9234

Yes. That's what happened with Duerson. They get brain damage from the concussions. They want their brain to be examined after death, so they shoot themselves in the heart. Not sure if that is the case with Seau , but it might be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Junior Seau commites suicide : Yes. That's what happened with Duerson. They get brain damage from the concussions. They want their brain to be examined after death, so they shoot themselves in the heart. Not sure if that is the case with Seau , but it might be.
    Posted by dgalehouse

Dont think so.  He probably have tried killing himself two years ago when his car went off of the cliff.  I know the original news stated that he stated that he fell asleep.  But after seeing him to committ suicide, sound like he is depressed.  But he have three kids, dont he find anything fun to hang out with his kids?

Well sad day for NFL and the San Diego community!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Junior Seau commites suicide : Dont think so.  He probably have tried killing himself two years ago when his car went off of the cliff.  I know the original news stated that he stated that he fell asleep.  But after seeing him to committ suicide, sound like he is depressed.  But he have three kids, dont he find anything fun to hang out with his kids? Well sad day for NFL and the San Diego community!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

it would seem to me that a concussion or any brain injury would lead to depression, which is what leads to suicide.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Odd. Most suicides by hand-gun is to the head"

Info still coming out but pretty certain he did that to keep his brain intact for future study. 

Post-concussion symptoms can be very difficult to cope with. These guys know it and it's sad but in a way heroic. I hope the knowledge is put to good use.

RIP

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

sad....awesome plyer but you have to think all this speculation about head injuries/depression miight be sadly accurate....

they guy was a living legend and shouldve been enjoying his life...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to "Re: Junior Seau commites suicide":
    It's possible he wanted his brain intact for research. Posted by Roadrunner9234
    That was thoughtful of him. Too bad he wasn't thoughtful of those left behind like his mom.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In response to "Re: Junior Seau commites suicide":
    In Response to Re: Junior Seau commites suicide : Thanks J-bay. It is what it is. I guess they just couldn't cope with life and I'm still mad as hell at both of them. Posted by harv53
    How awful.... I am genuinely sorry for you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

It's so incredibly sad. It's just a hunch...but I'd wager an opiate and/or benzo addiction will be found to have played a part. There's no doubt an aging athlete suffers from many aches and pains, especially football players, and there are all too many charlatan "doctors" standing by willing to allow them to become addicted to pills that will ultimately kill them. Best wishes to his heart broken family and cirle of friends.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Junior Seau commites suicide : Thanks J-bay. It is what it is. I guess they just couldn't cope with life and I'm still mad as hell at both of them.
    Posted by harv53

not comparable, but my roommate in college did the same a month after graduation. i had the same emotion as yours, on behalf of the people who loved him. 

just the same sorry for our loss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

What about that dissident in Beijing and the US Embassy's efforts to have him sent to a Chinese Hospital? Will that disrupt Secretary of State Clinton's agenda? Let's discuss here in this forum.

Because that's as relevant to a RED SOX thread as NFL News.

Also, gas prices -- can we review the oil refininery capacity across the Southwest region through Q3?  Discuss! All topics welcome here, obviously.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Odd. Most suicides by hand-gun is to the head. My brother went that way, my other brother jumped off a bridge.

Terrible tragedy, as is the case with the premature end to any natural life. As to manner of suicide, most female suicides via gun is to the chest. 

I can't even contemplate the mental state in the wake of a family suicide. It is disturbing enough to know that other people must some how suffer and survive through such tragidies.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

What about that dissident in Beijing and the US Embassy's efforts to have him sent to a Chinese Hospital? Will that disrupt Secretary of State Clinton's agenda? Let's discuss here in this forum. Because that's as relevant to a RED SOX thread as NFL News. Also, gas prices -- can we review the oil refininery capacity across the Southwest region through Q3?  Discuss! All topics welcome here, obviously.
    Posted by NHSOUTH

Chill out dude.  We are fans of all Boston/Foxborough teams. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Junior Seau commites suicide : Odd. Most suicides by hand-gun is to the head. My brother went that way, my other brother jumped off a bridge.
    Posted by harv53
    i hope you dont go by way of the rope... seriously, get some help and find someone you can talk to from your perspective.. be well comrade!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Posted by harv53

likely explanation... he wanted to keep his brain intact

Sections
Shortcuts