Just a Few Suggestions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevotedRSgirl. Show DevotedRSgirl's posts

Just a Few Suggestions

In a perfect world:

1. Bobby V would grow a pair. 

2. The FO would mind their own business. They clearly don't give a damn, so let V run the team.

3. Somebody tell Pedey he is not in charge. Not even a little bit. 

4. Somebody would smack that arrogant look off of Becketts face. Save that for the mound where it belongs. Stop taking 30 seconds between each pitch.

5. Beckett and Lester should throw between 30 and 40 pitches immediately before each of their starts. They obviously need 3 innings to "settle in". 

6. If your arm hurts, take an aspirin. If your back hurts, take a hot shower, if you have a blister put a band aid on it. What would you do if you had a real job??

7. Somebody let the players know we do not want to hear their "canned remarks". What....are we all idiots???? After every game...."we need to play better", "I felt like I made good pitches" etc. REALLY?????

8. The players would all have a little "swagger". You're the Boston Red Sox....how about acting like it?

9. Stop pouting....you are not a bunch of 5 year olds on the playground.

10. When you do pitch well, how about looking up and acknowleding the crowd??? You don't have to go out to dinner with them but would it kill you tip your cap?

I'm done......................thank you all very much. I just needed to vent. I really do love this team and will watch them right till the end, whenever that may be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Just a Few Suggestions

BINGO........ And get rid of those foolish GOATEE'S too !!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

*arogent*...yikes
    But I like your s-p-u-n-k, kid. (Lou Grant said it to MTM and you can't even use the word in this forum? what the F?)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevotedRSgirl. Show DevotedRSgirl's posts

In Response to Re: Just a Few Suggestions:
    [QUOTE]*arogent*...yikes But I like your s-p-u-n-k, kid. (Lou Grant said it to MTM and you can't even use the word in this forum? what the F?)
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I know....my fingers were going faster than my brain. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

If Beckett and Lester throw 50 pitches before game, you are effectivly turning them into 3 inning starters. The way they baby pitchers nowadays the first pitch in the game would be counted as 51 and then go from there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevotedRSgirl. Show DevotedRSgirl's posts

[QUOTE]   If Beckett and Lester throw 50 pitches before game, you are effectivly turning them into 3 inning starters. The way they baby pitchers nowadays the first pitch in the game would be counted as 51 and then go from there.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

I know.........that's why I said In A Perfect World. If that could actually happen don't you agree that they would pitch better?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just a Few Suggestions : I know.........that's why I said In A Perfect World. If that could actually happen don't you agree that they would pitch better?  
    Posted by DevotedRSgirl[/QUOTE]
       My memory is failing me now, but there was a HOF calibre pitcher, in the seventies who used your method, pitching an inning in pen, then starting real game as second inning, and it cured him of his first inning blues.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Just a Few Suggestions:
    [QUOTE]In a perfect world: 1. Bobby V would grow a pair.  2. The FO would mind their own business. They clearly don't give a damn, so let V run the team. 3. Somebody tell Pedey he is not in charge. Not even a little bit.  4. Somebody would smack that arrogant look off of Becketts face. Save that for the mound where it belongs. Stop taking 30 seconds between each pitch. 5. Beckett and Lester should throw between 30 and 40 pitches immediately before each of their starts. They obviously need 3 innings to "settle in".  6. If your arm hurts, take an aspirin. If your back hurts, take a hot shower, if you have a blister put a band aid on it. What would you do if you had a real job?? 7. Somebody let the players know we do not want to hear their "canned remarks". What....are we all idiots???? After every game...."we need to play better", "I felt like I made good pitches" etc. REALLY????? 8. The players would all have a little "swagger". You're the Boston Red Sox....how about acting like it?   9. Stop pouting....you are not a bunch of 5 year olds on the playground. 10. When you do pitch well, how about looking up and acknowleding the crowd??? You don't have to go out to dinner with them but would it kill you tip your cap? I'm done......................thank you all very much. I just needed to vent. I really do love this team and will watch them right till the end, whenever that may be.

Well Woman, you have a bigger SET than the entire organization combined!!!!!!!!

You should be running the show!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevotedRSgirl. Show DevotedRSgirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Just a Few Suggestions : Well Woman, you have a bigger SET than the entire organization combined!!!!!!!! You should be running the show!!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Just a Few Suggestions:
    [QUOTE]In a perfect world: 1. Bobby V would grow a pair.  2. The FO would mind their own business. They clearly don't give a damn, so let V run the team. 3. Somebody tell Pedey he is not in charge. Not even a little bit.  4. Somebody would smack that arrogant look off of Becketts face. Save that for the mound where it belongs. Stop taking 30 seconds between each pitch. 5. Beckett and Lester should throw between 30 and 40 pitches immediately before each of their starts. They obviously need 3 innings to "settle in".  6. If your arm hurts, take an aspirin. If your back hurts, take a hot shower, if you have a blister put a band aid on it. What would you do if you had a real job?? 7. Somebody let the players know we do not want to hear their "canned remarks". What....are we all idiots???? After every game...."we need to play better", "I felt like I made good pitches" etc. REALLY????? 8. The players would all have a little "swagger". You're the Boston Red Sox....how about acting like it?   9. Stop pouting....you are not a bunch of 5 year olds on the playground. 10. When you do pitch well, how about looking up and acknowleding the crowd??? You don't have to go out to dinner with them but would it kill you tip your cap? I'm done......................thank you all very much. I just needed to vent. I really do love this team and will watch them right till the end, whenever that may be.

Best post in a long time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

And very good suggestions.
    It's time to blow up this team and start fresh. Send the veterans packing and bring up Gomez, Iglesias, Lavarnway.
    Dump the contracts of Beckett and Crawford and trade Pedroia for an elite SP.
    Trade Ellsbury for a RH power hitting RF (Cargo?).

This is who we should keep:
    Lester          Agon
    Buchholz       Middlebrooks
    Cook            Shoppach
    Morales        Ciriaco
    Doubront      Papi
    Padilla          Aviles
    Aceves        Ross
    Tazawa

Everyone else needs to go away.