Just another 'what if'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Just another 'what if'

Not a knock or put down on Napoli as he's done a fairly decent job at 1B and in the 5 spot behind Ortiz, but after watching Loney with the Rays and what he's produced, I can't help imagining what he might have done with the Sox this year had the team resigned him.

AB       AVE    SO    HR       OBP      SLG      OPS

NAPOLI              243    .259      93     9       .344       .461      .805

LONEY               215     .321     27     8        .382       .507      .889

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Just another 'what if'

Loney was brutal last year.  Go figure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

You're absolutely right, but apparently the Rays 'figured' it, and figured it right.  Same  as when the Sox let Pena go a few years back and the Rays jumped on him and got some good mileage out of him at 1B, particularly when he played against the Sox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're absolutely right, but apparently the Rays 'figured' it, and figured it right.  Same  as when the Sox let Pena go a few years back and the Rays jumped on him and got some good mileage out of him at 1B, particularly when he played against the Sox.

[/QUOTE]

Of course someone 'figured' it correctly in acquiring Carp, so I guess you can't always be right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Loney is like Beltre.  While Loney played poorly for us, there was no reason to think he was a bad player.  Except for 2012, Loney was pretty consistent, and most of his stats were depressed by LA.  His career road OPS is .818.  When you're looking at guys with big-split parks, you have to start with the road OPS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I think Loney signed a one-year, $2 million deal with the Rays.  Playing in a contract year and for a small market team with no media pressure helps.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I think Loney signed a one-year, $2 million deal with the Rays.  Playing in a contract year and for a small market team with no media pressure helps.

I agree. Playing in Boston and dealing with everything here is a lot different thatn Tampa. Those kind of things need to be taken into consideration, because it does make a difference with some players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Playing in a contract year and for a small market team with no media pressure helps.

THIS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A big market team like the Red Sox    Laughing  

A small market team like the Rays  LOL

Q: How come we cannot post pics?  I had a picture of a packed Fenway Park and a pic of Tropicana Field with two fans.   LOL