Just Asking, But What is Jason Varitek Waiting For?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: Just Asking, But What is Jason Varitek Waiting For?

In Response to Re: Just Asking, But What is Jason Varitek Waiting For?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just Asking, But What is Jason Varitek Waiting For? : Hi Fred.   Yes, that would be me. How's it going?   You should be elated now that Wakefield has retired, and Varitek is likely to follow. Looking forward to the season?
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

I am looking forward to the season Kimmi because in my opinion we now have a manager who knows what he's doing in the dugout and knows that a certain amount of discipline is necessary to keep a team in check.  As for Wakefield and Varitek, yes I am elated.  Both have had their day and would have been more liabilities than assets to the team has we been foolish enough to resing them again.  It is time to move on and we have enough candidates at both catcher and pitcher that their presence on the team was not necessary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Just Asking, But What is Jason Varitek Waiting For?:
    [QUOTE]Why not do what Wakefield did and have a nice retirement? What is he waiting for?  All teams have reported.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

I think Jason may end up playing somewhere this season.  There will be injuries out thee, or just the need for some veteran leadership just probably not in Boston where he would like to stay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just Asking, But What is Jason Varitek Waiting For? : Thanks for this post Jim.  People are assuming that he wants to keep playing because of the money.  Varitek should be financially set, even if he has two families to support, plus, he's not going to be offered very much if he does get a contract, so I can't see that it's about the money at all.  I think the guy just really loves playing baseball, and I can't fault him for that.  And he still does have something to bring to the table as a back up catcher. That said, I hope that he does choose retirement over playing a year or two with another team.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

If Pudge Rodriguez can't hook up with a team, there is no way Tek will.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just Asking, But What is Jason Varitek Waiting For? : If Pudge Rodriguez can't hook up with a team, there is no way Tek will.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

You sound like you wish Tek the worst. Why is that? Why the hatred?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lowell I'd say you were acting borderline creepy but that would be giving creeps a bad name.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Just wondered why someone would have an agenda against Tek wanting to play baseball anywhere and for the love of the game. Posters need to drop the ego trip, debating, arguing, and nit-picking and just wish a former player well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just Asking, But What is Jason Varitek Waiting For? : You sound like you wish Tek the worst. Why is that? Why the hatred?
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you get hatred out of my post. I'm saying that I-Rod can't get a gig, and he's a much better back-up candidate than Tek.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Word is he is still waiting on his million dollar contract offer from Moonshwump, for being the best backup catcher in baseball. Oh, that's right, Moonshwump thought that Tim Wastefield had a MLB contract value of a million or two. Ortiz to sit v. LP in 2012, as well..........................

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccfss. Show ccfss's posts

In Response to Just Asking, But What is Jason Varitek Waiting For?:
    [QUOTE]Why not do what Wakefield did and have a nice retirement? What is he waiting for?  All teams have reported.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Pabst & Popeye's