JUST DANCING THE DANCE IN DALLAS..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

JUST DANCING THE DANCE IN DALLAS..........

LOOKS VERY VANILLA IN DALLAS.......  BENNY C, PULL THAT TRIGGER... "TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER" !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: JUST DANCING THE DANCE IN DALLAS..........

Sorry Bill and Sox fans, I'm affraid this is a little hiatus for Sox folks to meet up with Cub friends in Dallas.

Evidently JH has decided he will not exceed the Luxury Level. JH holds the purse and has decided to offer arb to Papi keeping Ben from having $14 M of available dollars. I wish Ben luck dealing first with LL and the manager selection then with JH over-ruling him on Ortiz (my opinion).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to Re: JUST DANCING THE DANCE IN DALLAS..........:
    [QUOTE]Sorry Bill and Sox fans, I'm affraid this is a little hiatus for Sox folks to meet up with Cub friends in Dallas. Evidently JH has decided he will not exceed the Luxury Level. JH holds the purse and has decided to offer arb to Papi keeping Ben from having $14 M of available dollars. I wish Ben luck dealing first with LL and the manager selection then with JH over-ruling him on Ortiz (my opinion).
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

JH is watching his dollars as his financial management firm continues to lose assets, 20M last month alone, at that rate, he will be out of business in 2 years.
     Given that his model uses highly leveraged strategies, and the continued econmoic uncertainty in Europe and elsewhere, he needs to show a profit somewhere. Corzine's MF Global is a cautionary tale, because Corzine was one of the wise guys, dating back to his days at Goldman Sachs. Fenway racing is not the premier team and NASCAR is having it's own problem with sponsors and revenue. The Liverpool group is being sued for $1B. The Sox for the first time put the breaks on ticket prices, that golden egg laying chicken has petered out and Frank Perdue can't be far behind. NESN's ratings have been less than appealing for advertisers already wary of buys without returns, the internet delivers much better that a 30 second spot, which is akin to the US Postal Service for ability to deliver. For Henry, the risk is everywhere, if the Sox don't win, the revenue really dries up. No more auto increases, sell outs, or play-offs.
     Don't forget the fans were so disgusted on the last homestand, the players retreated under a well deserved chorus of boos. yes, it's been a long time since Henry picked a winner, no one can keep losing ad infinitum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WE NEED TO CHANGE THE FACES ON THE DECK OF THE USS RED SOX NATION......  AT LEAST 6-8 NEW FACES TO REPLACE 6-8 OLD FACES BEFORE SPRING TRAINING !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Since this appears to an open forum around Dallas and dancing. How does this sound Red Sox Nation--the Cubs who owe the Sox a little comp seem to be diddilling a bit in the Prince/Albert sweeps. MLB TR suggests that if Albert goes to the Marlins the Cubbies will be in quickly to trade for Gaby Sanchez in return for Garza.

Wouldn't you think the Commish could hold that deal up until after comp is settled for Theo? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Since this appears to an open forum around Dallas and dancing. How does this sound Red Sox Nation--the Cubs who owe the Sox a little comp seem to be diddilling a bit in the Prince/Albert sweeps. MLB TR suggests that if Albert goes to the Marlins the Cubbies will be in quickly to trade for Gaby Sanchez in return for Garza. Wouldn't you think the Commish could hold that deal up until after comp is settled for Theo? 
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]NOT SURE......LOOKS LIKE BOTH TEAMS ARE IN NO RUSH......  AS DAD WOULD SAY..... "SON, OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND" !!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

If Cherington is as slow acting as he claims, nothing much will ever get done.
    Indecison in sports is often a failing flaw.
    He seems to be waiting aroundto react to what everyone else might do.
    I don't understand why he's not talking to the White Sox about Danks, Floyd and Quentin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]  WE NEED TO CHANGE THE FACES ON THE DECK OF THE USS RED SOX NATION......  AT LEAST 6-8 NEW FACES TO REPLACE 6-8 OLD FACES BEFORE SPRING TRAINING !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

With the exception of picking up a closer, which I don't see happening, only changes are going to be made at back end of roster. I agree that a major move needs to be done, maybe trading a Beckett or Youk, just to get teams attention that last years effort will not be tolerated. I'm not saying Youk was part of problem, but that he is one of players that the Sox could move.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

I'm starting to really like this guy!
    That takes balls to do that kind of dancing, not to mention practice and skill.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

It would not surprise me if this team did nothing at the winter beatings but "kick the tires" on players. Another reliever fell off the board in Matt Capps. I wonder if there really is a plan here or they are making it up as they go along.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

BobbyV has "moves like Jagger"...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Like to see him team up with Chaz Bono...