JUST FOR THE RECORD, Allen Webster will force BEN ......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: JUST FOR THE RECORD, Allen Webster will force BEN ......

I thought you said you were going to behave yourself and participate on threads started by others rather than launching 5 new threads a day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Does this surprise you carnie?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Does this surprise you carnie?

No. Just thought I'd call him on it. Wink

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

It's funny to see an old guy hate every older player we have !!! 

Whats with the obsession with the kids ??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Why would Allen Webster force a trade of shortstop?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Unless someone falls flat on his face or there is an injury, Allen Webster will be in AAA. Even If he does well, I highly doubt BC makes a move unless 1 or both of the things i listed happens.

If every starter is doing well and injury free there would be no reason to bring him up. Historically, most rotations usually don't go the whole year without some sort of turmoil though.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Duuuur......  Because ,   there will be a need to move "spare parts that have VALUE"  !!!  Drew, Aceves, Doubront (who I like) and others could bring value/prospects and open a spot for WEBSTER at the same time.......  We will all see sooooon, that Webster is the real deal !!!

Good to see you exhibiting your usual sound logic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

Duuuur......  Because ,   there will be a need to move "spare parts that have VALUE"  !!!  Drew, Aceves, Doubront (who I like) and others could bring value/prospects and open a spot for WEBSTER at the same time.......  We will all see sooooon, that Webster is the real deal !!!

by including Drew your limiting your trade partners to teams who have a need for a SS as well as 2 pitchers. you can't just load up all of your spare parts and deal them..... that's unrealistic and the premise of every one of your blockbuster proposals. teams need to have available space on their 40/25 man rosters, have a need for the players in question and be willing to give up talent. the more spare pieces and oddballs you add in the more your limiting yourself and the potential return.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

By the end of May to put a deal together for some of the "odd bodies" on the roster to make room for Webster......  IE: Drew, Aceves, and others......  You wait & see...... Time will tell !!!

Webster, Barnes and De La Rosa all have enough talent to eventually make it as major league starters.  I don't think it will be very hard for any of them to break our staff in the next year or two if they pitch well.  We paid too much for guys like Dempster and Lackey who won't be around long and Doub still has a lot to prove.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to TheFoe13's comment:

by including Drew your limiting your trade partners to teams who have a need for a SS as well as 2 pitchers. you can't just load up all of your spare parts and deal them..... that's unrealistic and the premise of every one of your blockbuster proposals. teams need to have available space on their 40/25 man rosters, have a need for the players in question and be willing to give up talent. the more spare pieces and oddballs you add in the more your limiting yourself and the potential return.

Good post.  People like Bill who have ZERO knowledge on how baseball works will never get this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Good post.  People like Bill who have ZERO knowledge on how baseball works will never get this.

just like Geo during the winter meetings.... he had no clue how the FA process works and went on a tirade because our complete roster wasn't set a week after FA started

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

just like Geo during the winter meetings.... he had no clue how the FA process works and went on a tirade because our complete roster wasn't set a week after FA started

guys like geo just like to whine and complain. When they get proved wrong (like in the promoting prospects thread) its amusing to see them try and squirm out of it instead of just saying they were wrong.

Thank God my ego isnt that big.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Great!

Then next year, you can demand a trade of Iggy and Webster, to get those new prospects to the big leagues!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Great!

Then next year, you can demand a trade of Iggy and Webster, to get those new prospects to the big leagues!

LOL!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Dad always said, "you go guy!."

Remember when you wrote this yesterday:

"Bill, love you to death"

That was awesome......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

If Allen Webster mixes in a high 90's fastball w/ his sharp sinker, while displaying poise, a feel for the game, and an ability to locate....

...Then: "how you going to keep the kid down on the farm?"

SOmetimes, when a kid blows you away, you make room for him.  I preferred De La Rosa to Webster, until Webster blew me away.  Of course, I do not matter.  However, there is a chance that Webster blows Farrell and Ben away too.

I repeat: a sinkerball pitcher who can touch 99 on the gun.  What?!?!?!?!?!?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Reminds me of Brandon Webb.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I expect Dempster to struggle. The question is , how long will they wait to make the move ?  Last year we watched Cook get pounded time and again.  This year , with a Webster available , will we have to watch Dempster lose multiple games beforre a change is made ?  If not Dempster , maybe it will be Lackey who is the weak link.  Hope they don't wait too long.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I like what I have seen from Webster and DLR....their stuff looks great, but Doubront has fantastic stuff also and he has some limited proven success as the ML level, why would you trade him to replace him with a guy who may have great stuff is unproven, at leat lets wait and see where the rotation is the 1st couple of months of the season. Didnt we get rid of Bronson Arroyo because we had so many other great starters and then 1 month in we couldve used him?.....lets learn from History.....you never have enough pitching....and Webster will get his chance when someone goes down with an ailment or as a spot start callup due to rainouts....not by trading away other healthy young pitchers.

Sections
Shortcuts