Just for the record, DOTTIE, this "transformation" is getting better by the HOUR........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Just for the record, DOTTIE, this "transformation" is getting better by the HOUR........

Thanks DOTTIE & the BDC, you have all worked hard on this change ovaaa, looks like it is coming into good shape !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Just for the record, DOTTIE, this

Really? I think I could do without all the "hope and change" I've seen on here the past few days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill if you think this was a successful "changeover" then you don't know anything about sandboxing and testing and communicating changes. 

Also how is this a "transformation". It's simply a move to another platform, the functionality is no different in fact it is more limited, for now. This move is best referred to as a "split" from the Boston Globe infrastructure. It may transform - but that's for later.

Look we all appreciate BDC for all they've done, but giving them an award for this latest transition is a bit over the top man. 

In fact the improvement in this site after go-live is similar to what happened to the Obama care site you despise and claim is a failure. They kept working on it until it worked. So which is it? Are both BDC and the Obama site successes, or are they failures? Because they followed the same pattern. Ugly go-live, then got better.

All's well that ends well I say, but keep on moving the goalposts around as it suits your argument. 

I would however, like to thank BDC for banning Bill a couple of times and trying to get him to stay on the baseball topics instead of serving as a Fox News outlet, it has helped a little bit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks DOTTIE & the BDC, you have all worked hard on this change ovaaa, looks like it is coming into good shape !!!

[/QUOTE]

Bill:  I like that you know whose toast to butter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill if you think this was a successful "changeover" then you don't know anything about sandboxing and testing and communicating changes. 

Also how is this a "transformation". It's simply a move to another platform, the functionality is no different in fact it is more limited, for now. This move is best referred to as a "split" from the Boston Globe infrastructure. It may transform - but that's for later.

Look we all appreciate BDC for all they've done, but giving them an award for this latest transition is a bit over the top man. 

In fact the improvement in this site after go-live is similar to what happened to the Obama care site you despise and claim is a failure. They kept working on it until it worked. So which is it? Are both BDC and the Obama site successes, or are they failures? Because they followed the same pattern. Ugly go-live, then got better.

All's well that ends well I say, but keep on moving the goalposts around as it suits your argument. 

I would however, like to thank BDC for banning Bill a couple of times and trying to get him to stay on the baseball topics instead of serving as a Fox News outlet, it has helped a little bit.

[/QUOTE]And thank you BDS for your continued  Lib/left/ SPIN !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, it may not have been pretty.  But, for perspective, it was far smoother than the debacle transformation of 2008.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Another incisive, completely non-patronising, brown noseification from our favourite (classified) potato peeler, Seaman Ben Dover.

What's wrong with you, Ben?  Dottie, the BDC, the Globe, their developers and all of us here know that the latest release here was an epic failure....again.  It's not Dottie's fault, she's the relationship manager not a developer (I assume).  Why pretend otherwise with phony praise?  I think Dottie managed the disaster professionally....calm, admitted (collective) fault and communicated well.  But poor Dottie is stuck being the Little Dutch Boy (i.e. finger in the dike).

Why not just thank her for doing a good job (if you think she did)?

I think Dottie did a good job, thank you Dottie.  Your dev team is a disaster.  :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, it may not have been pretty.  But, for perspective, it was far smoother than the debacle transformation of 2008.

[/QUOTE]

I can't even find a place listed for forums on the entire website. It seems that the only way you can get here is having been here before.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can't even find a place listed for forums on the entire website. It seems that the only way you can get here is having been here before.

[/QUOTE]

I found that to be true also. New is not better, but it is free. So if it's free, you can count on me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

You won't know about Obamacare for a long time.  It's easy enough to get people to sign up.  It is the product mix that will determine its success or failure.  I won't be concerned too much either way, but the gov't generally underestimates the ability of people to game the system.

Past that, you're right, there is no real transformation here.  It's the same selections.  All I see is that the site went down for a couple of days without notification.

Having said that, I was the project manager for an SAP re-implementation.  You can count on three things-

• 5 minutes after the consultants leave, someone finds a problem

• the most obvious thing in the world was never tested

• you change your operating environment in a month to incorporate transactions not envisioned in the implementation

• you get the system installed, you ran thru your budget, and you still don't have the reporting tolls you need

• you get the reporting tools, but no one answers any of your E-mails asking what they'd like the reports to look like

• the new president comes in and doesn't like any of the new reporting formats

• after you rebuild an entire suite of reports, you sell off a major division, which you should have had in the first place, so the 2nd suite of reports needs to be replaced by a 3rd suite of reports

FWIW, I love doing this stuff, but the people on the other side of the desk do no planning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

[QUOTE]

"In fact the improvement in this site after go-live is similar to what happened to the Obama care site you despise and claim is a failure. They kept working on it until it worked. So which is it? Are both BDC and the Obama site successes, or are they failures? Because they followed the same pattern. Ugly go-live, then got better."

Wow man great question... notice Bill-806 called it "SPIN" and deflected the question.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Yeah..ok. I've got some oil fields to sell you in Maine if your interested.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"In fact the improvement in this site after go-live is similar to what happened to the Obama care site you despise and claim is a failure. They kept working on it until it worked. So which is it? Are both BDC and the Obama site successes, or are they failures? Because they followed the same pattern. Ugly go-live, then got better."

Wow man great question... notice Bill-806 called it "SPIN" and deflected the question.

[/QUOTE]
    You KNOW that this is too complicated for Bill.  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I found that to be true also. New is not better, but it is free. So if it's free, you can count on me.

[/QUOTE]

This is true, but it shows this forum to be officially dead.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

This is true, but it shows this forum to be officially dead.

does this mean were all  crossed the line and just don't know it

https://kateloveton.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/tz.jpg" rel="nofollow">https://kateloveton.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/tz.jpg" rel="nofollow">https://kateloveton.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/tz.jpg

photos & links posting not working

click on the bottom of links

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    You KNOW that this is too complicated for Bill.  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

[/QUOTE]Just wanted to thank you all for all of the solid contributions to this thread......  While waiting for our RED SOX to "show up", I just thought that we all needed to come together to help our beloved  BDC through this tough roll out !!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't believe Bill didn't jump all over this one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Anyway, the BDC website in general still looks like a mess for me...can't read a number of pages, including Extra Bases, Chad Finn's blog, etc. Compatibility view does nothing. Maybe it's the browser I'm using...but whatever. At least we can post again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyway, the BDC website in general still looks like a mess for me...can't read a number of pages, including Extra Bases, Chad Finn's blog, etc. Compatibility view does nothing. Maybe it's the browser I'm using...but whatever. At least we can post again.

[/QUOTE]

I must be using the wrong browser also.  The page layout is a mess. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Another incisive, completely non-patronising, brown noseification from our favourite (classified) potato peeler, Seaman Ben Dover.

What's wrong with you, Ben?  Dottie, the BDC, the Globe, their developers and all of us here know that the latest release here was an epic failure....again.  It's not Dottie's fault, she's the relationship manager not a developer (I assume).  Why pretend otherwise with phony praise?  I think Dottie managed the disaster professionally....calm, admitted (collective) fault and communicated well.  But poor Dottie is stuck being the Little Dutch Boy (i.e. finger in the dike).

Why not just thank her for doing a good job (if you think she did)?

I think Dottie did a good job, thank you Dottie.  Your dev team is a disaster.  :-)

[/QUOTE]

Sorry to be the voice of dissent, but the communication was beyond lacking.

Unless you were on scouring every non-post, you had no idea what the problem was for several days.  To my recollection,  there was no message on the front burner page alerting members to the nature of the problem for days.

Did I miss something in those first several days?  I admit I was very busy, and had zero patience, but I do recall looking for a message?

What did I miss?