Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........

I love the Latin-American pitchers....... Strong, smart & savvy too !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........

As dad would say, "Son, you just watch, that kid is the next Fernando."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I actually do think Doubront has a very good chacne to be a pleasant surprise this season...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He has to be able to gomore than 5 innings in an outing otherwise he is putting a strain on the bullpen asking them to get 12 outs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

He was showing the best curveball on the staff his last time out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

In Response to Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........:
    [QUOTE]   I love the Latin-American pitchers....... Strong, smart & savvy too !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Do you like him for his looks or as a pitcher?  Deciding to come out of the closet today Bill?  You sound like you are getting desperate to hit 10k posts.. this adds nothing to any discussion about the Sox... stop reaching.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........:
    [QUOTE]He has to be able to gomore than 5 innings in an outing otherwise he is putting a strain on the bullpen asking them to get 12 outs.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

It's one start so far.  And he looked better in his first start than Beckett and Buchholz did in theirs.

I have much more faith in Doubront than I do in Bard as a starter...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I've been saying this for a year now.

Glad he's in the rotation.  Keep him in it and let him improve over time.  We've got him under control and cheap for a few years now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........ : Do you like him for his looks or as a pitcher?  Deciding to come out of the closet today Bill?  You sound like you are getting desperate to hit 10k posts.. this adds nothing to any discussion about the Sox... stop reaching.
    Posted by ddimaria[/QUOTE]Hey SMARTARRS...... He struck out the first two batters !!!   Take your 50 posts and go back to T-BALL !!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

whats your deal with people who don't have many posts?? its just a number, it doesn't have any significance... it doesn't make you any smarter or make your point any more valid as we can all see, you have nearly 10K posts and most of the time you don't make any sense

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]whats your deal with people who don't have many posts?? its just a number, it doesn't have any significance... it doesn't make you any smarter or make your point any more valid as we can all see, you have nearly 10K posts and most of the time you don't make any sense
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]
    Actually , numbers do have significance in just about everything.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]whats your deal with people who don't have many posts?? its just a number, it doesn't have any significance... it doesn't make you any smarter or make your point any more valid as we can all see, you have nearly 10K posts and most of the time you don't make any sense
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]Yes it does.... "he is a rookie", i am a  VET...... And at your 368 posts you are what i would call a UTILITY GUY !!.... Stay with it, SON !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

11828 and counting......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I guess it's Ok for a young guy fighting for a major league job to show up to camp out of shape (Doubront in 2011), and you love him, but when Beckett does it, he's a bum who should be traded (until you are again "proud of him" for a day, after his last start).

That being said, Doubront does have the "stuff" needed to be a very good starter. I see him having a nice season if he can stay healthy and in shape.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Doubrant really won the job by default.  However, a lefty w/ the TILT that he gets could prove to be very valuable and he deserves the chance this year to get his 32 starts and see what he can do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........ : Actually , numbers do have significance in just about everything.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

not in this situation though. someone can join this forum and make an informed, intelligent first post while someone with 10K posts can babble on like an idiot.the only significance post count has is to show that you spend too much time on these boards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]11828 and counting......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]A grateful nation, thanks you !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........ : not in this situation though. someone can join this forum and make an informed, intelligent first post while someone with 10K posts can babble on like an idiot.the only significance post count has is to show that you spend too much time on these boards.
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

Haha.  No doubt mef.  These folks have, like, NO life.  (Now please excuse me while I stop my flow of self-pitying tears by taking a fifth of Jim Beam to the head).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I guess it's Ok for a young guy fighting for a major league job to show up to camp out of shape (Doubront in 2011), and you love him, but when Beckett does it, he's a bum who should be traded (until you are again "proud of him" for a day, after his last start). That being said, Doubront does have the "stuff" needed to be a very good starter. I see him having a nice season if he can stay healthy and in shape.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

That's what I posted last year. He was slated to be the No. 6 pitcher ahead of Wakefield, but he came into camp out of shape and really hurt the team's depth. He deserved to be blasted and ridiculed last year for it.

However, he also deserved another chance to learn from his mistake, and he appears to be doing so. He came into camp in shape, earned a spot in the rotation by having a great spring (despite Andrew's ramblings) and so far in his first two starts shows he belongs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........ : not in this situation though. someone can join this forum and make an informed, intelligent first post while someone with 10K posts can babble on like an idiot.the only significance post count has is to show that you spend too much time on these boards.
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]  Son, you need to get over this #'s thing....  Maybe Dr. Phil could help you !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

Coming on as a relative newcomer and being insulting to a veteran poster does not quite qualify as an informed , intelligent post.  Not too late to start over.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........ : Coming on as a relative newcomer and being insulting to a veteran poster does not quite qualify as an informed , intelligent post.  Not too late to start over.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

i'm not talking about myself here. i am eluding to the fact that a good point is a good point wether you have 20 or 20000 posts....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........ :   Son, you need to get over this #'s thing....  Maybe Dr. Phil could help you !!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

your the one who needs to get over the numbers thing... you constantly bring it up when someone with less posts than you disagrees with your ever changing opinion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Bill is just toying with all of you. Your choice is this: Let him pull the strings and dance you like a puppet or put him onto ignore.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]Bill is just toying with all of you. Your choice is this: Let him pull the strings and dance you like a puppet or put him onto ignore.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]
    nobody asked you deputy dog..