Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Re: Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........

In Response to Re: Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........ : nobody asked you deputy dog..
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

You are correct but I was just giving you advice. Ignore Bill-806, Camelwalk, ThatWasMe, TBINFL, JesseyEric. PinstripeZac, Hank, Examiner, and J-Bay. If you do so then you will no longer dance like a puppet at their whim.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I like him...he is not being asked to fill in as a #1,2 or 3 and maybe given some seasoning starts...he will prove to be a pleasant surprise.  That said...he can't pitch 5 innings and give up 4 runs every game...those are not quality starts and would equal a horrendous ERA. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

OK children, lets get back to baseball.....  The Rays got to Doubront in the top of the 6th......  I think Felix will get better every time out !!!  What say you, all you "Fair & Balanced ones" ????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

Not the next Johan Santana, But so far I see a little "Pedro " in him, and it will develop in time (HOPEFULLY). Not afraid to throw off-speed and works the corners, so far so good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........ : Coming on as a relative newcomer and being insulting to a veteran poster does not quite qualify as an informed , intelligent post.  Not too late to start over.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

House, someone could have 11,000 posts on the ,music board and 1 on the Sox board. The folks with over 10,000 post's need to get over their selves! And one does wonder how someone can post over 10,000 times and have a life!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The game against the Jays I wasn't convinced. I didn't think he had enough pitches and his pitch count was up early .  He was the main reason they won that game, kept the Sox in it .
    After today, I'm eating crow.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Just for the record, DOUBRONT is the real deal........:
    I guess it's Ok for a young guy fighting for a major league job to show up to camp out of shape (Doubront in 2011), and you love him, but when Beckett does it, he's a bum who should be traded (until you are again "proud of him" for a day, after his last start). That being said, Doubront does have the "stuff" needed to be a very good starter. I see him having a nice season if he can stay healthy and in shape.
    Posted by moonslav59

That's what I posted last year. He was slated to be the No. 6 pitcher ahead of Wakefield, but he came into camp out of shape and really hurt the team's depth. He deserved to be blasted and ridiculed last year for it.

However, he also deserved another chance to learn from his mistake, and he appears to be doing so. He came into camp in shape, earned a spot in the rotation by having a great spring (despite Andrew's ramblings) and so far in his first two starts shows he belongs.

I agree. He deserves another chance, as does Beckett. 

BILL-806 may not agree, depending on how well Beckett did in his last start.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Forget the numbers. We shouldn't chase away new posters just because they are new or make a point we disagree with.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Nah, the numbers matter.  New posters should never be considered dunces or geniuses since we don't want to jump to conclusions based on small sample size.  The "veteran" posters, though, have a long enough record for me to know if they are damned idiots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i think doubront has been good so far, no great but good. Hopefully his next time out he can pitcher deeper into the game. He cant be tossing 5 innings every start as it would put a lot of wear on the pen. He did get 7 k's today which shows he can miss bats with his stuff. Watching him pitch, he resembles lester quite a bit the way he works the corners and his pitches as well. Hard to say yet what we have in him, but he is intruiging. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Nah, the numbers matter.  New posters should never be considered dunces or geniuses since we don't want to jump to conclusions based on small sample size.  The "veteran" posters, though, have a long enough record for me to know if they are damned idiots.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]

Good one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

the kid thru an excellent game. He didnt get much help in the 5th. Youk should have caught the ball that got by him. Ross totally misplayed the double over his head and even the shot to center i couldnt help but think Ellsbury may have got that one

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]the kid thru an excellent game. He didnt get much help in the 5th. Youk should have caught the ball that got by him. Ross totally misplayed the double over his head and even the shot to center i couldnt help but think Ellsbury may have got that one
    Posted by feelec[/QUOTE]

All good points, if the sox make the plays on D, he only gives
    up 1.  Had a killer curve today.

Hope as the season goes on he wont wear down as quick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]i think doubront has been good so far, no great but good. Hopefully his next time out he can pitcher deeper into the game. He cant be tossing 5 innings every start as it would put a lot of wear on the pen. He did get 7 k's today which shows he can miss bats with his stuff. Watching him pitch, he resembles lester quite a bit the way he works the corners and his pitches as well. Hard to say yet what we have in him, but he is intruiging. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

The good news is that the Sox are 2-0 in games he's started. In both games he did a pretty good job keeping them in the game for 5 innings and is showing signs that he has the tools to be a very good #5...If you look inside the numbers...His 13-4 K/BB ratio in 10 innings pitched is pretty good. Walks are a tad high. However his 1.70 WHIP not so much. Both his strikeouts and baserunners allowed per inning are at the root of his high pitch counts...If you look a little deeper. His ground ball (7) to fly ball (22) ratio is another area where he could improve.

Fact of the matter is 2 starts is a pretty small sample but I would say the early results are positive. He has faced two division rivals and has shown that he can compete and keep his team in the game. After 10 or so starts we'll have a better feel for excatly what he'll brings to the table. Ideally he'll continue to improve and begin to learn how to pitch deeper in games and by years end the reality is that if he pitches to a sub 4.5 ERA and gives us 30 starts and 180 innings. I think we'd all take that...