Just for the record...... This board is dead !!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Just for the record...... This board is dead !!!!

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I don't understand it.  I know it's free and all, but it's been a few weeks, and they don't have edit and they don't have ignore.  If these were new functions, maybe I'd understand, but they already had the functionality.

BDC's previous software was from other companies, JB. They decided to build their own to have more control over the forum, but hadn't completed adding all the features into the toolset,  by the deadline. It should be completed within a few months.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

No harness.

No ex.

No 5katz.

No flip.

No many top posters.

No one is a "top poster". Everyone here has their own opinions. Some post more often than others, but that doesn't make them a "top poster" except in terms of volume. If they are posting rubbish then all we are getting is a lot of rubbish. Its arrogant to think that one poster is somehow more valuable than another one. Every one of us contributes in our own way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

No harness.

No ex.

No 5katz.

No flip.

No many top posters.

Also ex is not a "top poster".  He seemed more than a tad insane.  Anyone that has to mention over and over and over again how he used to be a pitcher was almost certainly not one.

There are no "top posters." Only those who think they are.

Missed your post before I wrote my own. If I had seen it all I would have written is "+1"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Just implying that I have half a brain. Got it. Thanks moon. Means a lot coming from an amateur mathematician.

Try to keep up. I was speaking of ex, not you.

You flatter yourself by assuming I think you have even half a brain.

You delude yourself if you think that anything you post is even vageuly interesting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I don't understand it.  I know it's free and all, but it's been a few weeks, and they don't have edit and they don't have ignore.  If these were new functions, maybe I'd understand, but they already had the functionality.

There has been some improvement I think. The board is not "down" as much, and I am not getting redirected to advertisements for testosterone. And I am remaining signed on rather than having to sign on again every morning.

The board is dead because the Red Sox are dead. There is little to be excited about; apathy is taking over. When the season is over and the rebuilding begins there will be more participation here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

No harness.

No ex.

No 5katz.

No flip.

No many top posters.

No one is a "top poster". Everyone here has their own opinions. Some post more often than others, but that doesn't make them a "top poster" except in terms of volume. If they are posting rubbish then all we are getting is a lot of rubbish. Its arrogant to think that one poster is somehow more valuable than another one. Every one of us contributes in our own way.

Thank you, pumpsie. very well put. There is indeed a corps of arrogant elitist posters here who seem to feel that they have more of a right to this board than others based on an extremely dubious set of principles, such as number of posts or time they have posted here or quantity equals quality or maybe it's just over the top egotism. Could also be that they're merely bullies at heart. In any case, thank you again for your comment. I don't feel that you're stepping on my earlier post but rather adding to it. The +1 was nice, too, but putting things in your owm words was so much better.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

This thread was worth it just for "blathering food stamps ward".  Hahahaha.  Just when I think he can't top himself ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Some are a bit touchy these days here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

There has been some improvement I think. The board is not "down" as much, and I am not getting redirected to advertisements for testosterone. And I am remaining signed on rather than having to sign on again every morning.

The board is dead because the Red Sox are dead. There is little to be excited about; apathy is taking over. When the season is over and the rebuilding begins there will be more participation here.

Yup, when things go south, the cynics and critics saturate this board with their negativity.  Nobody really wants to hang out with the 'woe is us' crowd.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Yup, when things go south, the cynics and critics saturate this board with their negativity.  Nobody really wants to hang out with the 'woe is us' crowd.

With all due respect Joe the other extreme is pretty sickening too.  There are those who see through rose tinted glasses a team that simply stunk this year, a GM who is in over his head, a CEO who is more for palace intrigue than fixing what has become a disfuntional team, and an owner who has been AWOL since he married his new pastry tart.  There wasn't much at all to be happy about this year and we have to deal with reality and not make believe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonPride34. Show BostonPride34's posts

the new site really does suck, thats a big part of it....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm still waiting for the "adjustments" they promised.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

With all due respect Joe the other extreme is pretty sickening too.  There are those who see through rose tinted glasses a team that simply stunk this year, a GM who is in over his head, a CEO who is more for palace intrigue than fixing what has become a disfuntional team, and an owner who has been AWOL since he married his new pastry tart.  There wasn't much at all to be happy about this year and we have to deal with reality and not make believe.

Classy way to refer to someone's wife, idiot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

"Cynics and woe is us" are your words. I wrote APATHY. The spelling isn't even close. Too often some have failed to see the difference between realism and baseless negativity. Truth is, while there have been a few positives this season, by the vast majority of any reasonable measuring sticks of success, this season has been a failure. Realists feel free to point this out with data to support their position here. I guess that bothers some folks....but on the other hand, its good to see that despite the presence of the "cynics and woe is us" crowd, you have chosed to stay here. So I guess that when you write that "nobody" wants to hang out here, thats really not entirely accurate, is it. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:

Why don't the "realists", cynics, skeptics, and pouters ever discuss trips to the DL, injuries to key players, offseasons by specific players? Why can't they see the forrest instead of a few trees? Why do they need to have a scapegoat du jour? Isn't that being childish? The answer is that it is in their DNA or personality to be "woe is me" and preach to the choir. The only other plausible explanation is that they are trolling and enjoy it immensely.

Actually, the injuries were discussed many times by the realists here. Only a fool would say that they played no role whatsoever in the disaster that is this season. That said, the role they played was minor compared to the performance of our SP, in particular, Lester and Beckett. Last I checked our overall pitching was ranked 11th in the league. That simply won't get the job done, no matter how many runs you may reasonably expect to score. If you want to say the Beckett, Lester, Doubront, and Buchholtz all had off seasons, then sure, thats the reason for our losing season. You can add in DiceK, Bard, Cook, and Aceves to that mix: they all had off seasons too, right? Or just maybe they aren't as talented as some folks think they are. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Why do they need to have a scapegoat du jour? Isn't that being childish? The answer is that it is in their DNA or personality to be "woe is me" and preach to the choir. The only other plausible explanation is that they are trolling and enjoy it immensely.

I have touched on this topic a few times. Our society needs to assign blame for anything that goes wrong. Sometimes so much time, energy and resources go into trying to determine the exact cause of a failure that it becomes foolish. Sometimes there really is no major cause. Sometimes there are several. 

In short, the "blame game" appears to be in everyone's DNA these days from politics, to why johnny can't read, to why does Mickey D's keep getting my order wrong.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Why do they need to have a scapegoat du jour? Isn't that being childish? The answer is that it is in their DNA or personality to be "woe is me" and preach to the choir. The only other plausible explanation is that they are trolling and enjoy it immensely.

I have touched on this topic a few times. Our society needs to assign blame for anything that goes wrong. Sometimes so much time, energy and resources go into trying to determine the exact cause of a failure that it becomes foolish. Sometimes there really is no major cause. Sometimes there are several. 

In short, the "blame game" appears to be in everyone's DNA these days from politics, to why johnny can't read, to why does Mickey D's keep getting my order wrong.

I prefer to think about in not in terms of blame, but in terms of accountability. There is certainly accountability in business nowadays; thats undeniable. Bad employees are held accountable for their actions and get fired. Productive employees are also accountable for what they bring to a company and they get promotions and raises. Make no mistake: the Boston Red Sox franchise is a business before its anything else. I think its fair to question who is accountable for the product.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

To me "scapegoating" is trying to use a rifle to assess blame / accountability when a shotgun is more appropriate

I agree with you. There is no one person who is responsible for this debacle. I don't know of anyone here who thinks that. Cater seems to put a lot of the blame on Valentine; I put a lot of it on Epstein, but there are others who played a role in this mess too: Cherington, Beckett, Lester, Valentine, Doubront, Buchholtz, Matsusaka...etc. Lucchino is also partly to blame; he made what turned out to be a mistake by hiring Valentine (yes, I was in favor of that move at the time).

So where's the scapegoating?

Sections
Shortcuts