JUST FOR THE RECORD, this board is not ........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: JUST FOR THE RECORD, this board is not ........

how bout that papi?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill, 

You could not be more wrong. 

Your baseball opinions are welcome here. Of course it is frustrating when you settle upon an argument, example: "Papi is done" and then ram it into the ground again and again and refuse to take in new information (example: maybe Papi is not as washed up as you thought). Clinging to a rigid viewpoint is not so much an opinion as a misguided narrative. You could stand to let go of your narratives when new facts come in, that is what makes discussion interesting. Otherwise you are just broadcasting. 

So that's what bothers folks in here, not your opinions but your relentness broadcasting of that same opinion and refusal to take in new information. Look, we're all wrong in here sometimes. I thought our starting pitching was a major weakness going into the season, so far, I have been very wrong on that count. I still think there are some depth issues with starting pitching but most teams are in the same boat. So, I'm wrong, admit it, and move on. You were wrong about Papi (so far), admit it, move on to a new topic. 

If you could tone done broadcasting the same view over and over again, and most importantly if you could keep your political views to yourself, you'd find a lot less hostility in here. The way you call people names based on their political beliefs is offensive and if everyone in here did that, we wouldn't have a forum at all. Your lack of restraint and your absurd idea that people who disagree with you politically are clueless about baseball is super tedious. Most of us have friends across the political spectrum with a variety of expertise on baseball, it's not that hard to understand that. It would be nice if you would consider judging people not on their beliefs but on their actions. I have liberal and conservative friends, the ones who who I consider true friends have integrity in their actions. 

Bottom line you bring almost all of this blowback on yourself. The rest of it - well it's a discussion forum and as for our baseball views, we should all expect to be challenged. Ask Dad he'll tell you the same, T-ballers wouldn't have it any other way.

Meantime shall we enjoy a first place time for a bit around here? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Also for the record.....Bill admitted in another thread that he can never got on this site at home but can at work.....  So that begs the question......how old is Bill really?  and where does Bill work that lets him bum around on a computer all day??  It's great that you were able to find a nice easy going liberal employer to hire you and your baggage Bill!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

"OPINION FRIENDLY"  !!   We have talked about this before, the lack of extending the basic courtesy along with the continued  lack of a "sense of humor" is causing a hugh division on this board...... Add in the BDC glitches, that happen more often than not and we are all missing out on our desires to be the G M & MANAGER of our beloved RED SOX...... That said, as DAD would say........  "SON, sticks & stones can break your bones, but names will never hurt you" !!!!!  I will continue to post my opinion as i see fit......  I will not give up to the  L/L/R/S/M B's ......... 

What sense of humor?  You are endlessly negative about the Sox when they are playing great baseball.  You are one of the first "fans" I've ever encountered.  A wide deversity of opinions are welcomed on this board, but we just get tired of your repetitious remarks about how bad the players are, especially since you are mostly wrong. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

In my opinion the two posts by Conan are uncalled for.

Both BILL and Frank are good posters with a unique style. We need to understand that if all posters were clones of each other and all had the same opinions this would be a dull forum.

antibody, my friend, I have been posting here about as long as BILL and I do understand the humor. BILL may have a different style , however while he strays into politics from time to time, he does have a good understanding of what is happening with the Red Sox and keeps his posts on the subject of baseball.

Yup.  Bill has been bill as long as I have been here.  I don't remember people being this upset with him years ago.  Then again the older I get the more I forget ;0)

I think this board has become pretty nasty with the name calling, everyone will benefit if we all take a deep breath and try to respect each other more.

I think some posters are blowing this bill thing way out of proportion. 

I'm enjoying this season so much more than last!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

"OPINION FRIENDLY"  !!   We have talked about this before, the lack of extending the basic courtesy along with the continued  lack of a "sense of humor" is causing a hugh division on this board...... Add in the BDC glitches, that happen more often than not and we are all missing out on our desires to be the G M & MANAGER of our beloved RED SOX...... That said, as DAD would say........  "SON, sticks & stones can break your bones, but names will never hurt you" !!!!!  I will continue to post my opinion as i see fit......  I will not give up to the  L/L/R/S/M B's ......... 

Opinions are just what people think and feel at the moment. Some overly sensitive types will take a differnce of opinion as being un-friendly. That can't be helped. I agree with you about common courtesy, though. People can disagree without becoming abusive.

As for "sense of humor"... Bill, I get that you think you're are being funny, but (and I'm far from alone in this opinion) you're not. Many of the things you post come off as being insulting and could by some be considered abusive. Quite a few others have pointed this out to you with little if any effect. It's a shame that you can't see this.

Or is it that you simply refuse to?

Antibody, 

I couldn't agree more. You would think by now Bill would understand as without checking posts to see actual percentages, the majority of us find Bill exactly as you've said. Not fu nny at all, repetative and in my opinion obnoxious. I give Bill kudos for being a diehard Red Sox fan but after that I've finally put him on my Ignore List because I just can't read his meaningless blather. He was on and on endlessly last year about that very queer Jenny thread for what seemed months and despite complaints from quite a few he kept on. I would guess he think his humor if you call it that is appreciated by members but as many have said Bill doesn't get it despite all of the critiques. A nice guy but totally clueless. 

Hetch

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to antibody's comment:

Opinions are just what people think and feel at the moment. Some overly sensitive types will take a differnce of opinion as being un-friendly. That can't be helped. I agree with you about common courtesy, though. People can disagree without becoming abusive.

As for "sense of humor"... Bill, I get that you think you're are being funny, but (and I'm far from alone in this opinion) you're not. Many of the things you post come off as being insulting and could by some be considered abusive. Quite a few others have pointed this out to you with little if any effect. It's a shame that you can't see this.

Or is it that you simply refuse to?

Antibody, 

I couldn't agree more. You would think by now Bill would understand as without checking posts to see actual percentages, the majority of us find Bill exactly as you've said. Not fu nny at all, repetative and in my opinion obnoxious. I give Bill kudos for being a diehard Red Sox fan but after that I've finally put him on my Ignore List because I just can't read his meaningless blather. He was on and on endlessly last year about that very queer Jenny thread for what seemed months and despite complaints from quite a few he kept on. I would guess he think his humor if you call it that is appreciated by members but as many have said Bill doesn't get it despite all of the critiques. A nice guy but totally clueless. 

Hetch

Good for you.  Instead of getting nasty you put him on ignore.  Bill doesn't bother me a bit.  I don't understand some of his posts but so what, and a do skip over some of them.  Sometimes it's best to ignore rather than inflame.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

In my opinion the two posts by Conan are uncalled for.

Both BILL and Frank are good posters with a unique style. We need to understand that if all posters were clones of each other and all had the same opinions this would be a dull forum.

antibody, my friend, I have been posting here about as long as BILL and I do understand the humor. BILL may have a different style , however while he strays into politics from time to time, he does have a good understanding of what is happening with the Red Sox and keeps his posts on the subject of baseball.

Yup.  Bill has been bill as long as I have been here.  I don't remember people being this upset with him years ago.  Then again the older I get the more I forget ;0)

I think this board has become pretty nasty with the name calling, everyone will benefit if we all take a deep breath and try to respect each other more.

I think some posters are blowing this bill thing way out of proportion. 

I'm enjoying this season so much more than last!

Your new demeanor is very refreshing.  :)  I will take you at your word, and I look forward to seeing just how respectful of other opinions you are when certain social issues rear their heads in the near future.... again.  .  As an R - Fiscal Con., yet social moderate, I was sad to see how nasty 'everyone' got during your last social argument.   It centered on a certain cake maker....  While I agreed that nobody should be forced to decorate a cake in a way that is contrary to their religeous beliefs, they should still bake the cake.....  I'm sure you remember.  I don't wish to revisit the ugly debate.   Perhaps you will lead the way with this new tolerant tone, next time around.  One can hold their personal beliefs without saying everyone else is going to 'Heck.'  What with all the more common 'sins' out there, I think that would include all of us.

Good on you!  :)  I know that sounded a bit sarcastic, but I am being sincere.  I really do hope we can all be a little more tolerant.  Having gone through a masters program about 17 years ago, the T word was shoved down my throat.  With my daughter in school now, it's only gotten worse!   So I have a certain disdain for the word.  BUT!!!  ....   Some REAL tolerance, not the phony balogna Lib P.C. type, but genuine tolerance is always a good thing.  My god, even Rush has certain famous celebrities entertain at his weddings.  :)  We never win arguments when we get nasty and intentionally inflamitory.  Look forward to seeing the new you, next time around.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Redundancy....and being conservative, he embarrasses me.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

ampoule join me in the Common Sense Party (I am the only member at present). We don't care for Right/Left or Extreme on either side. We simply use our heads and take a bit from each side and make it all work. Anyone gets in our way and we squash them like a red grape in a room full of barefoot and naked woman (somewhere in Vineland).

It's not being right or left that's a problem. The parts you take on each side are based on your beliefs just like someone on the left or right have their beliefs. It's the extreme that's the problem. It's the failure to work with the other side that's the problem. It's the failure to balance principles and beliefs with the idea that you might on occasion be wrong that's the problem. It's the unwillingness to listen to opposing views to find common ground that's the problem. It's the failure to adjust due to changing circumstances that's the problem.

Regardless of what my beliefs are. if joining the Common Sense Party gets me in a room full of barefoot and naked women, count me it.

Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

ampoule join me in the Common Sense Party (I am the only member at present). We don't care for Right/Left or Extreme on either side. We simply use our heads and take a bit from each side and make it all work. Anyone gets in our way and we squash them like a red grape in a room full of barefoot and naked woman (somewhere in Vineland).

I've often thought that, if you got me and a whole bunch of regular folk together, we could craft regulations that would take care of 80-90% of our problems.  Most people LOC probably don't care if I own a registered weapon, but not a 50-caliber assault weapon, and most people ROC probably just want a simple pistol for self-defense.

It's only people on the far left that insist on outlawing everything, and people on the far right that insist not outlawing anything.

The 80-90% probably could hammer out a deal in about 15 minutes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I've often thought that, if you got me and a whole bunch of regular folk together, we could craft regulations that would take care of 80-90% of our problems.  Most people LOC probably don't care if I own a registered weapon, but not a 50-caliber assault weapon, and most people ROC probably just want a simple pistol for self-defense.

It's only people on the far left that insist on outlawing everything, and people on the far right that insist not outlawing anything.

The 80-90% probably could hammer out a deal in about 15 minutes.

Very well said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It’s simple, Stop creating threads if the responses bother you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I didn't know I started a divsion on this board. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Common Sense Party it is !!!!

Hi Burrito, 

We should all become TEEBAGGERS and move to Alaska !!

Hetchinspalin (Hetch)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Why? U can if you want. I could care about the T-Party. Go throw some stones somewhere else.

Burrito, 

I was just throwing out some humor, sorry if you misunderstood. 

Hetch

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Why? U can if you want. I could care about the T-Party. Go throw some stones somewhere else.

Burrito, 

Hetch

I am sorry. U and I don't engage often and I didn't see the humor because of that.

I thought I was being obvious by signing off as Hetchinspalin but I guess you didn't catch my drift. My surname comes from British bicycles I collect. If you want to see some beautiful cycles click onto the www.hetchins.org website, check out the Gallery Section @   http://www.hetchins.org/504.htm and have fun. 

Hetch

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

It’s simple, Stop creating threads if the responses bother you.

It's also simple to ignore posters who bother you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Burrito, 

Hetch

I am sorry. U and I don't engage often and I didn't see the humor because of that.

I thought I was being obvious by signing off as Hetchinspalin but I guess you didn't catch my drift. My surname comes from British bicycles I collect. If you want to see some beautiful cycles click onto the www.hetchins.org website, check out the Gallery Section @   http://www.hetchins.org/504.htm and have fun. 

Hetch

Pretty impressive site Hetch, thanks for sharing.