JUST FOR THE RECORD, this board is not ........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

JUST FOR THE RECORD, this board is not ........

"OPINION FRIENDLY"  !!   We have talked about this before, the lack of extending the basic courtesy along with the continued  lack of a "sense of humor" is causing a hugh division on this board...... Add in the BDC glitches, that happen more often than not and we are all missing out on our desires to be the G M & MANAGER of our beloved RED SOX...... That said, as DAD would say........  "SON, sticks & stones can break your bones, but names will never hurt you" !!!!!  I will continue to post my opinion as i see fit......  I will not give up to the  L/L/R/S/M B's ......... 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: JUST FOR THE RECORD, this board is not ........

In response to Bill-806's comment:

"OPINION FRIENDLY"  !!   We have talked about this before, the lack of extending the basic courtesy along with the continued  lack of a "sense of humor" is causing a hugh division on this board...... Add in the BDC glitches, that happen more often than not and we are all missing out on our desires to be the G M & MANAGER of our beloved RED SOX...... That said, as DAD would say........  "SON, sticks & stones can break your bones, but names will never hurt you" !!!!!  I will continue to post my opinion as i see fit......  I will not give up to the  L/L/R/S/M B's ......... 

Opinions are just what people think and feel at the moment. Some overly sensitive types will take a differnce of opinion as being un-friendly. That can't be helped. I agree with you about common courtesy, though. People can disagree without becoming abusive.

As for "sense of humor"... Bill, I get that you think you're are being funny, but (and I'm far from alone in this opinion) you're not. Many of the things you post come off as being insulting and could by some be considered abusive. Quite a few others have pointed this out to you with little if any effect. It's a shame that you can't see this.

Or is it that you simply refuse to?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In my opinion the two posts by Conan are uncalled for.

Both BILL and Frank are good posters with a unique style. We need to understand that if all posters were clones of each other and all had the same opinions this would be a dull forum.

antibody, my friend, I have been posting here about as long as BILL and I do understand the humor. BILL may have a different style , however while he strays into politics from time to time, he does have a good understanding of what is happening with the Red Sox and keeps his posts on the subject of baseball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Bill, 

For the record......  we mock you because we KNOW, based on 1000's of posts, that your entire existence to impress your boyfriend Stiffy with obsessive critiues / bashing of ...........  the exact same RS players bashed by Stiffy.

For the record.......  we mock & bash you for starting 5 copycat threads each day, saying the SAME thing over & over & over.  Again....  All simply designed to impress your boyfriend.

For the record......  We bash you for saying the same things over & over & over again dispite the data.

For the record......  We bash you because you constantly & obsessively BEG FOR attention, just like the obnoxious kid in school who would pick his nose, say obnoxious things, try to disrupt conversations, etc.  all to get attention no matter how you have to do it.

For the record....   We bash you for obsessively demagoguing soc - pol issues.  Again.....  all to impress your boyfriend.

For the record......   If you would simply give YOUR (not stiffy's) opinions in a straight forward, non-provocative way, nobody would give 2 sh____s about it.  Nobody would care.  You'd get a decent debate time & time again.

For the record.......  That's not what you want!  You love sucking all the oxygen out of the room.  You love provocing.  Like the obnoxious kid in school, you know you won't get the constant attention you obsess over by playing it 'straight.'  You & stiffy will continue to play it _____________.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Learning The Basics 

Baseball

Baseball is known as the american sport! It dates back to the mid 1800s. So many people from so many different walks of life have and still play baseball. Some of these people play at a professional level all the way down to little league. It doesn't matter who it is or where they came from, this is a sport that all can play. Have you ever heard the phrase practice makes perfect? It is slightly untrue. No one is perfect, there will be mistakes. Practice does make better. So just remember that mistakes will be made and no one is perfect. Interested in learning a little bit of knowledge about the game? Grab a glove and a ball and lets play ball!

It's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts. See all   The Basics

Playing is the key to this all. First and for most you have to have the love for the game. This is one key asset to have in order to move forward. It is a game and you are supposed to have fun. A player must know how to hit the ball and field the ball. Learning these steps takes time and patience. The player must learn to win with pride but not ego, and how to lose with dignity. While learning please remember to have fun!

Learning to hit the ball is known as the offensive side of the game. Hitting the ball allows runners to score. Hitting off of a tee is the best practice a player can get. The tee allows the player to maintain eye contact with the ball. In doing this the player can now see where the ball is hitting the bat. This is a very important skill to learn. While in a game situation the player must apply these skills to the at bat. Get a tee and net and practice hitting off of it no matter young or older kids. This technic never hurts.

Fielding the ball is known as the defensive side of the game. Fielding is key so runners are not allowed to score. There is more that plays into fielding than just getting a ground ball or a pop up. For all intent purposes lets stick to the basics. A player should have a fielding glove and be ready. I always call it looking for the ball; a player must always be ready and looking for the ball. When a ground ball is hit stay in front of it, never sliding away, and make sure the fielding glove is down on the ground with the pocket facing up. This allows the player to stop the ball in front of them. The free hand allows the player to secure the ball into the glove without it rolling out. If a player slides from the ball, the glove also slides away from the ball. For pop ups raise the glove above the head and allow the other hand to secure the ball in the glove. It is an instinct I have that when the ball is hit in the air, the first step that should be taken is back. This way you are now ready to go back if the ball is over your head or go forward if the ball is hit short. Fielding is a fundamental that every player has to learn in order to continue playing his/her passion.

Keep Your Head Up.

Losing games is no fun, but I am here to tell you that it will happen. A lost just means there is still practice to master. There will be things that makes a team lose. This is not a bad thing. Winning all the time only hurts players in the long run. Learning to lose and keeping your head up shows true character in a young kid. I have been on 15-0 teams and I have been on 0-15 teams. Throughout these years i was able to keep my head held high and a smile on my face. I was doing what i loved best, playing baseball. Remember that the best player in the world has lost games, and many games at that. Do not get down on yourself because you lose or make a mistake. These are all necessary evils in learning the game of baseball. Kids may not understand quite what I am getting at and thats why us as parents need to instill this into them every time they feel down or that they have something wrong. Pick their heads up and keep them playing.

He didn't get where he is today without losing, but he has kept a smile on his face. This is Derek Jeter of the New York Yankees. Derek Jeter of the New York YankeesSee all Derek Jeter of the New York Yankees Composer and Dignity

Kids can be harsh and put one another down. I believe we should never talk down to any one. As part of a ball team I believe keeping the attitudes of the players, coaches, and parents involved will teach the kids a very valuable lesson. Kids should always cheer their team and players on no matter what the outcome of the game is. Never should a child and/or parent talk bad or disrespectful of another team and/or player. This teaches our young children that it is about fun but also about respect. I have seen many bad examples of this and wish we could change it right then. Unfortunately there are highly competitive players, coaches and/or parents that do not like to see their team or kid losing. All in all we need to come together to help cheer these kids on in a respectful way and remember to let them have fun while playing a game they enjoy.

Being The Best Ball Player You Can Be!

It all takes heart. Anything you do, you can do better with your heart in to it. I am here to tell you if you have a passion for the game and understand the fundamentals, you will end up going far. Taking all of this in, if you continue working towards becoming the best baseball player and you follow your fundamentals, you will be a great baseball player.

Take this in; For a player to understand and fully come to their potential, the love of the game will have to be tremendous. If you have coaches or team mates that do not believe in you then prove them wrong by taking their criticism for fuel. This means to use their criticism as a motivation to you. This can help motivate you to work harder. Remember the old saying, "Practice makes perfect"? Well, it may not make you perfect because that is a far reach for anyone to say, but it can make a big difference in your ability as a player. Continue to strengthen your weaknesses and work on the skills needed to get whatever job done that needs to be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

(Just some reading material for Bill)

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

My good friend Bill-806, outstanding thread. BINGO!

Some individuals on this forum take themselves too seriously.

I am an avid Yankees fan and you are a die-hard Red Sox fan. It's like a sibling rivalry. But the common denominator is that we both love baseball. Each of our opinions should be respected. You express your true beliefs about the strengths and weaknesses of your beloved Red Sox. 

Keep up the good work. You are a definite asset to this great baseball forum.

Good post frank . I enjoy posts you and bill make

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

There is a big difference between sincere opinions and agendas.

You sound like you're taking Bill & Stiffy seriously?  Ohhh O!  Awefully close to buying their game.  Now you admit there may be an agenda.  At least it falls into your conspiracy theory line!

Listen Don Quixote.......   What you don't get!  & never will.  There are plenty of guys who are pretending to be who they are not on this board.  YOU being the PRIME EXAMPLE.  I guess you miss that when constructing your conspiracy theories.  I guess when YOU're a fraud, you see frauds all around you????

Billy-69 is absolutely sincere in his Soc. - Pol beliefs, and his desire to impress his boyfriend Stiffy with respect to his similar opinions about both topics.

Stiffy is sincerely a fraud with respect to being a RS fan.  He hates the RS almost as much as he hates BOSTON!  Why does he hate BOSTON & all Boston fans???  They are emblematic of the NE liberal elite 'bugaboo' with which he sees as his mortal enemy with respect to ALL THINGS socio - Pol.

Attacking all things Boston is what he sees as his life's mission.  Attack the Lib. elite!  Attack the non-Chris____  Catholics.  Throw in their faces the 'hypocricies' of their Lib ideologies, both Pol & Socially.

At least he's sincere.  A sincerely dist____bed individual.  He sincerely hates Boston, both teams & especially the fans. 

YOU???  Aaaaa??? 

As for YOU're conspiracy theories......  YOU are the biggest phony on this board.  The scary part?????  I think you actually take it seriously when using multiple monikers to compliment your own opinions under different aliases!  LOL!!!!   YOU are the pen-ultimate tweakster TROLL!

Congrats Pike!  You are one twisted sister.  You could use a bit more diversity in your personalities though.....   Work on it big guy.  Now go get 'em Don Quixote.  Plenty of windmills to do battle with.  :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

p,s.  Pikey!

At least billy-69 IS a sincere Boston Red Sox fan.  He really does love this team.

His only problems? 

* He is willing to ignore the FACT that Stiffy is not a Red Sox fan, because of his similar Socio-Pol views. 

* His love of the Red Sox is eclipsed by his desperate NEED to both impress his boyfriend Stiffy, and his rabidly obsessive desire for attention.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

There is a big difference between sincere opinions and agendas.

You sound like you're taking Bill & Stiffy seriously?  Ohhh O!  Awefully close to buying their game.  Now you admit there may be an agenda.  At least it falls into your conspiracy theory line!

Listen Don Quixote.......   What you don't get!  & never will.  There are plenty of guys who are pretending to be who they are not on this board.  YOU being the PRIME EXAMPLE.  I guess you miss that when constructing your conspiracy theories.  I guess when YOU're a fraud, you see frauds all around you????

Billy-69 is absolutely sincere in his Soc. - Pol beliefs, and his desire to impress his boyfriend Stiffy with respect to his similar opinions about both topics.

Stiffy is sincerely a fraud with respect to being a RS fan.  He hates the RS almost as much as he hates BOSTON!  Why does he hate BOSTON & all Boston fans???  They are emblematic of the NE liberal elite 'bugaboo' with which he sees as his mortal enemy with respect to ALL THINGS socio - Pol.

Attacking all things Boston is what he sees as his life's mission.  Attack the Lib. elite!  Attack the non-Chris____  Catholics.  Throw in their faces the 'hypocricies' of their Lib ideologies, both Pol & Socially.

At least he's sincere.  A sincerely dist____bed individual.  He sincerely hates Boston, both teams & especially the fans. 

YOU???  Aaaaa??? 

As for YOU're conspiracy theories......  YOU are the biggest phony on this board.  The scary part?????  I think you actually take it seriously when using multiple monikers to compliment your own opinions under different aliases!  LOL!!!!   YOU are the pen-ultimate tweakster TROLL!

Congrats Pike!  You are one twisted sister.  You could use a bit more diversity in your personalities though.....   Work on it big guy.  Now go get 'em Don Quixote.  Plenty of windmills to do battle with.  :)

Round

Like a circle in a spiral

Like a wheel within a wheel

Never ending or beginning

On an ever spinning reel

Like a snowball down a mountain

Or a carnival balloon

Like a carousel that's turning

Running rings around the moon...

Like a circle in a spiral

Like a wheel within a wheel

Never ending or beginning

On an ever spinning reel

As the images unwind

Like the circles that you find

In the windmills of your mind

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

"OPINION FRIENDLY"  !!   We have talked about this before, the lack of extending the basic courtesy along with the continued  lack of a "sense of humor" is causing a hugh division on this board...... Add in the BDC glitches, that happen more often than not and we are all missing out on our desires to be the G M & MANAGER of our beloved RED SOX...... That said, as DAD would say........  "SON, sticks & stones can break your bones, but names will never hurt you" !!!!! 

I will continue to post my opinion as i see fit......  I will not give up to the  L/L/R/S/M B's ......... 

That last sentence indicates the hypocrisy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

"OPINION FRIENDLY"  !!   We have talked about this before, the lack of extending the basic courtesy

Yeh, you're a real peacemaker, Bill, and a such a model for exemplifying basic courtesy.

along with the continued  lack of a "sense of humor" is causing a hugh division on this board......

As far "sense of humor" is concerned, that's a convenient cover for being wrong so often.  You're also missing some of the best of humor by being the but of so many jokes.  For that, you and Softy may be a unifying force whether intended or not.

Add in the BDC glitches, that happen more often than not and we are all missing out on our desires to be the G M & MANAGER of our beloved RED SOX...... That said, as DAD would say........  "SON, sticks & stones can break your bones, but names will never hurt you" !!!!!  I will continue to post my opinion as i see fit......  I will not give up to the  L/L/R/S/M B's ......... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

What do those letters stand for? And what letters would you like to be labeled with? You want to belittle the opinions of those who disagree with you, but can't stand the heat when it happens to you. Remember the words of give 'em hell Harry. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

What do those letters stand for? And what letters would you like to be labeled with? You want to belittle the opinions of those who disagree with you, but can't stand the heat when it happens to you. Remember the words of give 'em hell Harry. 

I'm not even sure Billy-69 is bright enough to follow this logic, or the irony of his playing the victim.  While stiffy is smart enough to see logic and irony, like all Narc.iss.ist.ic people, he doesn't see that it applies to him.  Billy-69 is simply not bright enough.  No biggie :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

Some words for thought..... "Everyone has a choice, when to or not to raise your voices.. It's you who decides"..... "Tomorrow when you rise another day for you to realize, it's you who decides"..........George Harrison

What happens on this board is driven by poster and responder. We all can reply or ignore. I try hard to enjoy the baseball knowledge and ignore the rest.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Bill's letters stand for leftist/liberal/radical/socialist/moonbat.  The letters apply to anyone who disagrees with him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Bill,

You like to portray yourself as a conservative, but your instincts are quite socialist.  It seems like you feel as if you can post and do anything you want, and if someone says something, you ignore it.  You lack a sense of personal responsibility.

You also seem to disregard the importance of hard work.  You'll post something without even considering whether it is remotely true, or makes any sense.

You seem to want to be liked and respected, with ever having earned that respect, at least in the forum.

You need to stop blaming others and start taking responsibility for yourself.  There were plenty of posters predicting a lack of success.  90% of them I don't even know who they are.  It is only the 10% that insist on posting every negative thing they could find, and if they didn't receive the validation they felt they deserved, they would scream all the louder.

I only give something for nothing to the true charity cases.  Is that what you're looking for, Bill?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Bill-806 90% of your Thread Titles should be posts within another thread... instead of affording the rest of the forum the luxury to skim over your posts within a thread you throw every single thought you have right into collective our faces as Thread Titles. OVERBEARING

He's been told this 100x.  How many Papi threads has he started?  10?  15?  If Papi coughed, Bill started a thread.  And if someone started a 'Papi coughed' thread, Bill started a second thread.  And as annoying and unnecessary as it was, Bill still thinks he is 'entitled' to our respect.