Just heard something interesting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Just heard something interesting

Just heard that Farrell today said Middy needs to show some plate discipline in Pawtucket before he comes back to the bigs.  I guess Iggy is making a lasting impression on Farrell at 3B.  I can't disagree, Iggy and Drew are playing pretty good so why rock the boat by bringing back a guy who was struggling?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Just heard something interesting

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Just heard that Farrell today said Middy needs to show some plate discipline in Pawtucket before he comes back to the bigs.  I guess Iggy is making a lasting impression on Farrell at 3B.  I can't disagree, Iggy and Drew are playing pretty good so why rock the boat by bringing back a guy who was struggling?

Wow!!!!

I think Middy needs to hear & process this!  Nobody rides for free!

It's time for him to realize that this job was not a forgone conclusion.  Time to EARN it!  Not all kids should get a GD trophy for showing up.  This kid is not a prodigy!  & it's time he wakes up & realizes, if he doesn't start really working on it, he's going to become a flash in the pan. 

Iggy has EARNED a shot at 3rd, fill in 2nd, fill in SS.......

FULL TIME!

Wake the F___________ up Middy!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Wow!!!!

It's time for him to realize that this job was not a forgone conclusion.  Time to EARN it!  Not all kids should get a GD trophy for showing up.  This kid is not a prodigy!  & it's time he wakes up & realizes, if he doesn't start really working on it, he's going to become a flash in the pan. 

FULL TIME!

I agree with Farrell, Middy hasn't done well at all he has kind of reminded me of Salty the past two seasons.  Go with the hot hand and ride it until its cold.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from igotgyroballs. Show igotgyroballs's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

I thought this was the we got Ryan Braun thread.

go play in traffic

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Will Middlebrooks went 2-for-3 with a homerun and five RBI for Pawtucket in tonight's game against Charlotte:

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2013_06_05_chraaa_pawaaa_1&t=g_box&sid=milb

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to igotgyroballs' comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought this was the we got Ryan Braun thread.

go play in traffic

[/QUOTE]

Ignore Conan..he is an idiot. If everyone did that he can bray at the moon.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Wow!!!!

FULL TIME!

I agree but it would really be nice to see Will back at 3rd batting with confidence and Jose at his natural position SS.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

It was encouraging that his HR yesterday was to CF. He needs to wait longer before swinging and take the ball the other way more often.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Despite struggling at the plate, due to injuries, Middlebrooks still has 7 homers. Can't wait until he returns.

They need to get rid of S. Drew. Iglesais needs to start at SS. Middlebrook is the only hope for an impotent slugging v. LP outfield.

No question  the Sox need another good righty bat, but the operative word is good, which Middlebrooks currently is not.  Not at the plate and, sadly, not so much in the field--too many errors.  I doubt the Sox are going to give up on Middlebrooks because he fits their long term needs, but he does need to work on his game.  Let's hope the back problem is behind him. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Despite struggling at the plate, due to injuries, Middlebrooks still has 7 homers. Can't wait until he returns.

They need to get rid of S. Drew. Iglesais needs to start at SS. Middlebrook is the only hope for an impotent slugging v. LP outfield.

BINGO  !!!!!    CONCUR !!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

"Middy"...That's so cute.  I love when posters use those cutsie little nicknames (Buch, Naps, Iggy, etc)

If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow!!!!

FULL TIME!

[/QUOTE]

I've been consistent in saying that players need to earn it. But it's a fairly large leap to imply that Middlebrooks believes he doesn't have to earn it and an even larger leap to imply that he isn't working to get better.

No offense, but it's a ridiculous attitude to think that anytime a player is struggling -- especially hitting -- that it's because he "needs to wake up."

And it's also funny that you seem to be willing to dump Middlebrooks back to the minors after struggling for 46 games (185 PAs), playing with injuries for part of it, despite having a larger sample of 75 games and 286 PAs of excellent production. Yet on the other thread, you say that it wasn't fair to think of Nava as a mediocre fourth outfielder despite 148 games in the majors and also using the Pedroia example of why Nava deserved a shot.

Before this year, Nava had greater stretches of being a .200 hitter at the major league leve than Middlebrooks with no prior history of success, yet Nava deserved patience and a shot while Middlebrooks is a slacker.

If the Pedroia example is going to be used for anybody it's Middlebrooks because at least he has a larger sample of good hitting at the majors.

I want Middlebrooks to use his rehab time in the minors to find his stroke, but I want him back as soon as possible because the Sox need a power RH bat in the lineup in the long term.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Let me just ask the question, Who would you rather see in the 5th spot coming up to bat against a left handed reliefer late in the game with two men on and two outs, Salty batting .120 right handed against left handed pitchers or Middlebrooks?

In last nights game, this is exactly what happened. And Salty K'ed. And the Sox lost.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Healthy tension works wonders within sports team. 

Sections
Shortcuts