Just need to help to this question?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Just need to help to this question?

Why is a drug addict in entertainment or sports more important then a drug addict in every day life.? Is it ok  and excepted for the  rich and famous to be honored for being stupid and Joe no life to be pushed to the curb???A life is a life and i don't care if they sing or play sports.I understand this question is not just sports related but it does happen and to honor someone who takes his or her life for being addicted is no cause to rise that person higher than Joe no life. Should we honor their stupidity because they sing or play sports?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Re: Just need to help to this question?

You should have shut off CNN and watched the Military Channel. I  understand that they had a documentary today on the Battle of the Bulge.  There are 220 channels to choose from. Watch the Food Channel to learn how to cook. Watch the HGTV to garden better or add on a new room or put in a tile floor in your bathroom.

If you want to help out drug addicts you can volunteer locally at a homeless shelter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Sadly the History Channel here in SE Asia thinks that programs on Big Rigs hauling over Icy Tundras is historical. Why show me something on the Yuan Dynasty, or the Imperial City (Purple City) of Hue when I can watch some 18 wheeler navigate the tundra while eating a bag of Fritos.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Re: Just need to help to this question?:
    You should have shut off CNN and watched the Military Channel. I  understand that they had a documentary today on the Battle of the Bulge.  There are 220 channels to choose from. Watch the Food Channel to learn how to cook. Watch the HGTV to garden better or add on a new room or put in a tile floor in your bathroom. If you want to help out drug addicts you can volunteer locally at a homeless shelter.
    Posted by lowelll

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

You should have shut off CNN and watched the Military Channel. I  understand that they had a documentary today on the Battle of the Bulge.  There are 220 channels to choose from. Watch the Food Channel to learn how to cook. Watch the HGTV to garden better or add on a new room or put in a tile floor in your bathroom. If you want to help out drug addicts you can volunteer locally at a homeless shelter.
    Posted by lowelll

This is nothing about help !!!This is a question about stupidity for the rich and famous.... Duh !!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Posted by lowelll

I was just lookig for an answer but not from someone stupid who doesn't do drugs. Drugs in sports and entertainment is huge and just wanted a  normal responce to a a good question. Go stuff your face and stick those tiles up your AZZ.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol - pike always provides entertainment wether he wants to or not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

If Whitney Houston had her career without the use of drugs and then died in an airplane crash at age 48, would the coverage of her funeral have been much different?

The media have covered her death because she had a rare talent that resulted in celebrity status of the highest order. That's what separated her from many drug addicts.

PS: I caught only glimpses of the funeral coverage (without sound) at the gym because I don't watch television at home.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

it's not a question of being more important, it's about people paying their respects to a woman who is undoubtedly one of the best vocalists of her generation. this is no different than the thousands who turn out for other public funerals. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

If Whitney Houston had her career without the use of drugs and then died in an airplane crash at age 48, would the coverage of her funeral have been much different? The media have covered her death because she had a rare talent that resulted in celebrity status of the highest order. That's what separated her from many drug addicts. PS: I caught only glimpses of the funeral coverage (without sound) at the gym because I don't watch television at home.
    Posted by hill55

I agree with this. She was honored for her talent, and what she gave to the world, not her drug abuse. I also agree with a poster who said that lives that are lost defending this country don't get the same fanfare.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No doubt, a weeks worth of CNN with that goofball (who also praised Charlie Sheen) Pierce Morgan wasting our time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Just need to help to this question?:
    Why is a drug addict in entertainment or sports more important then a drug addict in every day life.? Is it ok  and excepted for the  rich and famous to be honored for being stupid and Joe no life to be pushed to the curb???A life is a life and i don't care if they sing or play sports.I understand this question is not just sports related but it does happen and to honor someone who takes his or her life for being addicted is no cause to rise that person higher than Joe no life. Should we honor their stupidity because they sing or play sports?????
    Posted by donrd4

Most people would be touched by a friend or family member that died from drugs more than by a stranger's death and many people feel they have some relationship with or ownership of celebrities so I suppose it's the same thing.

Houston's death means no more or less to me than the many addicts found dead on the street every day....I wish they'd all lived, but they're all equally strangers to me.

Plus I hated her music.  ;-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Re: Just need to help to this question? : I agree with this. She was honored for her talent, and what she gave to the world, not her drug abuse. I also agree with a poster who said that lives that are lost defending this country don't get the same fanfare.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Thank you !! I agree with that poster also.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Just a guess, but people like to align themselves with a higher power.  That's almost universal.  For most people, it's God.  For others, it will be celebrities.  When celebrities get married, they'll send them gifts.  They'll write in the People magazie about how they are a perfect couple, and how their love shines through, and yet they know nothing about them.  Like blacks rooting for a psychotic murderer like OJ Simpson, or Hollywood types paling around with Mafia.  I think it might just people trying to raise the level of their self-perceived importance by attaching themselves to someone more famous than themselves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Sadly the History Channel here in SE Asia thinks that programs on Big Rigs hauling over Icy Tundras is historical. Why show me something on the Yuan Dynasty, or the Imperial City (Purple City) of Hue when I can watch some 18 wheeler navigate the tundra while eating a bag of Fritos.
    Posted by BurritoT

You're in SE Asia Burrito? I wouldn't have called that one...wow....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It's the same thing as the Sox blowing a lead last September--lost opportunity. Didn't that come across as more tragic than it would have been if they finished in 4th place 15 games out? When someone is famous, it's usually because they have some special talent that they are loved for, and with Whitney it was a talent that was almost otherworldly. There's a sense of waste, and of lost opportunity to have touched more people, and a sense that those opportunities were tragically cut short by something as stupid and preventable as drug use. Now, the families of unknown drug addicts feel that way about the ones they lose, but with Whitney, more people knew her--or at least FELT like they did. Let's face it, there are a lot of people out there that are married or are couples who have one of her songs as "our song". This goes back 25 years, there could be millions of such people. That means her life went beyond just who she was. People associtated things that were important to them out of their own lives with her music. Like it or not, it's just human nature to mourn over what we no longer have--whether we noticed it properly when we had it or not. Her life also becomes a cautionary tale, AGAIN, about the dangers of drugs. Those things combine to create what we saw yesterday, and I don't have a problem with it. In fact, if we mourned EVERY drug victim that way, we might actually care enough about people we don't know--who are in the gutter--to actually make a difference. But, it usualy doesn't work that way with people. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

My beef is not with the coverage nor the flag nor the fact that she had an addiction. My beef is with those that professed to love her that were with her all or most of the time that  talked about how much they will miss her etc.....
    The damn it why didn't you say something to her about the prescription drugs and how she used them. A week before the death she came out of a club looking totally wasted and every one knew she had issues with alcohol. Where the hell were her "friends and body guards" then. She was never to be left alone they say but some one left her alone and she died. Who is taking responsibility for that?
    Her body guard gave a wonderful speech at the funeral but why did he leave her alone in  the first place? It is not Whitney I'm upset with or the coverage it is all the yes men and women who surround celebrities like her, Michael Jackson, and many others in celebrity status.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Just need to help to this question? : You're in SE Asia Burrito? I wouldn't have called that one...wow....
    Posted by TheExaminer

Yes I boarded a plane in Boston in 2007 to travel to Singapore, Hanoi, Luang Prabang, and Siem Reap.... I decided not to go back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts