JUST THEO being THEO... $52m and 4 years for EDWIN JACKSON... REALLY? REALLY?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

Re: JUST THEO being THEO... $52m and 4 years for EDWIN JACKSON... REALLY? REALLY?

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

theojust ant get it right with free agency big tickets... i could see him channelling his inner ben and offering a year 25m deal that noone else was competing with. perhaps even 3 years 40m... but to give this ultimate jambroni (70-701 the 4th  year is simply malfeaseance. at best, he's a healthier version of aaron cook!

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Theo spends money that way in his personal life.  Screw it, this wine costs 500, but I'll give you 1.5K for it, and I'll buy the whole warehouse worth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: JUST THEO being THEO... $52m and 4 years for EDWIN JACKSON... REALLY? REALLY?

People need to realize that FA prices for pitchers that have little to no injury history, and can give you 200 IP is expensive. Dempster fits that mold and Jackson fits that mold. if Dempster was 29-30, he wouldve easily got 4 years at 13M per.

Im one of the few that just accept that, it is what it is, and will not complain about a pricetag of a certain player. FA is expensive and its only going to get higher.

As far as value on FG, Jackson is well worth that amount. actually hes worth more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

• Willie Mays was paid less than $2m (in 1950s/60s dollars) in salary during his entire 22-year MLB career.*
    • IMO a good teacher, soldier, social worker, cop or forest ranger delivers far more "value" to society than a great baseball player despite the great entertainment and scarcity value of the latter (to some, including me) and they are paid jackpike.
    • Lots of people e.g. actors and other artists earn far more than most baseball players.

That's all meaningless in a market that is competing for Edwin Jackson's services.  "Value" is relative.  If Jackson had signed for $6m/season I'd be horrified at Dempster for $13.25m.  If Jackson had signed for $25m/season I'd be thrilled at getting a similar guy for half the price.

* According to B-R

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

theo just Cant get it right with free agency big tickets... i could see him channelling his inner ben and offering a 2 year 25m deal that noone else was competing with. perhaps even 3 years 40m... but to give this ultimate jambroni (70-70) the 4th  year is simply malfeaseance. at best, he's a healthier version of aaron cook!

[/QUOTE]

What is it about this Theo man crush thing? What does it matter if he spends 100mil for one year one player. Whats your point that we are supposed to show intrest in? Is this a RED SOX site? a Theo site? or Cubs site? Dam  !! I hope Theo doesn't jump off a bridge ? If he does i hope you can swim.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The bottom line is they got a pitcher who is actually worth 13M per year!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Unless the Cubs sign one of our players - who cares what Theo does?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jackson Lifetime stats:  W-L%  .496  ERA  4.40  WHIP  1.438

Dempster Lifetime Stats:  W-L%  .500   ERA  4.33  WHIP  1.430

Why is Jackson worth 13 million, but Dempster is not?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

because allidoiswhine proclaims it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because Dempster is on the Red Sox and Jackson isn't. Try to keep up space.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the contracts given to Jackson, Sanchez and to a lesser degree Dempster, point out what an under market value Lackey could. A return to pre injury LAckey is worth $16-$18 mil AAV in todays market, while the RS have him for 3 years at an AAV of $10mil.