Just when I thought I'd heard the stupidest, I visit this board and find an amazing collection of more stupidity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Just when I thought I'd heard the stupidest, I visit this board and find an amazing collection of more stupidity

I realize that you folks aren’t happy the Red Sox lost, but this attack on Adrian is beyond anything stupid .... there will have to be a new word penned to describe how stupid this is ....

1) He SAID something that is true to his outlook on life ...

He SAID something ... not took PEDS ....

HE SAID something ... not left his wife for a pole dancer like Johnny Damon or a body-building mystery stripper in Toronto like A-Rod ...

He SAID something in a moment of loss and sadness ... not take out a full page advertisement like Damon did to try and make himself feel better after screwing over all the Red Sox fans he promised he’d never ....

He SAID something that is quite true to his ethnic and faith background ... and

You guys go all crazy over it?????

Really??

Seriously????????

He SAID something .....

Some of you fools even want to send him back to San Diego and get our prospects back?

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT?????????

Please, people, you have just seen the best hitting 1bman in the lifetime of anyone on this board. Ted Williams was in LF ... not 1B ...

And you are foolish enough to want to send him back .........and others are piling on?

Go find another team ... now, and forever .... you are so EXTREMELY STUPID IT GIVES STUPID A BAD NAME!!!!

2) The attacks on his play are just absolutely BEYOND DESCRIBING AS STUPID, IDIOTIC OR EVEN TROLLISH ....

He disappeared the last 2 months someone said
    ... EH??? Just because he NO LONGER HIT .370 HE DISAPPEARED??????

Care to look at what he DID HIT? He disappeared????

He played with a leg injury ... WHERE DOES A GUY’S POWER COME FROM????

He played when a lot of guys sat out ...

Where is the DIRT DOG MENTALITY, BOYS?

He gritted it out in the end and you fall on him like vultures ...

You are an embarrassment. An UTTER EMBARRASSMENT!!!!

I thought Yazzer was stupid ... I had no idea that there were MINOR LEAGUES FOR IT ...

GET OVER ALL THE NEGATIVES ABOUT A-GON ...

YOU ARE JUST PROVING THAT BOSTON AND UGLY GO TOGETHER ....

STUPID UGLY

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Just when I thought I'd heard the stupidest, I visit this board and find an amazing collection of more stupidity

yea dont understand all the hate for agon...he's religious and he's disappointed - thats how he comes to terms with stuff   no biggie and im glad we have him   2nd half slump and all

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Just when I thought I'd heard the stupidest, I visit this board and find an amazing collection of more stupidity

In Response to Re: Just when I thought I'd heard the stupidest, I visit this board and find an amazing collection of more stupidity:
    yea dont understand all the hate for agon...he's religious and he's disappointed - thats how he comes to terms with stuff   no biggie and im glad we have him   2nd half slump and all
    Posted by georom4

Exactly.  give him a hard time for his play if you like but to vilify him for trying to deal with his sadness in a way that makes sense to him is ridiculous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

it's a game.....not life shattering

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Re: Just when I thought I'd heard the stupidest, I visit this board and find an amazing collection of more stupidity:
    Last swing even remotely as perfect as Gonzalez was George Brett.   Flawless swing and a better Christian. I would advise adding 20 to 30 million dollars to the "No kids left behind" fraud so some of the simplest Bostonians can remotely understand the English language and its usage.  Jsut syaing.
    Posted by null

====================================================
      2 THINGS,,
     First,your stupid attempt at a political jab is pathetic at best. If anything is a fraud in your post it`s you.
     Second,,understanding the English language? So what exactly does "jsut syaing" mean??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Great.

Time for the cheerleaders to show up.

Buy a brick, dude.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Just when I thought I'd heard the stupidest, I visit this board and find an amazing collection of more stupidity:
       I realize that you folks aren’t happy the Red Sox lost, but this attack on Adrian is beyond anything stupid .... there will have to be a new word penned to describe how stupid this is ....   1) He SAID something that is true to his outlook on life ...   He SAID something ... not took PEDS .... HE SAID something ... not left his wife for a pole dancer like Johnny Damon or a body-building mystery stripper in Toronto like A-Rod ... Posted by SinceYaz

Your post was starting to make sense until you brought Damon & A-Rod into it. Then it just got ridiculous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Just when I thought I'd heard the stupidest, I visit this board and find an amazing collection of more stupidity:
       I realize that you folks aren’t happy the Red Sox lost, but this attack on Adrian is beyond anything stupid .... there will have to be a new word penned to describe how stupid this is ....   1) He SAID something that is true to his outlook on life ...   He SAID something ... not took PEDS .... HE SAID something ... not left his wife for a pole dancer like Johnny Damon or a body-building mystery stripper in Toronto like A-Rod ... He SAID something in a moment of loss and sadness ... not take out a full page advertisement like Damon did to try and make himself feel better after screwing over all the Red Sox fans he promised he’d never .... He SAID something that is quite true to his ethnic and faith background ... and You guys go all crazy over it????? Really?? Seriously???????? He SAID something .....   Some of you fools even want to send him back to San Diego and get our prospects back? WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT????????? Please, people, you have just seen the best hitting 1bman in the lifetime of anyone on this board. Ted Williams was in LF ... not 1B ... And you are foolish enough to want to send him back .........and others are piling on? Go find another team ... now, and forever .... you are so EXTREMELY STUPID IT GIVES STUPID A BAD NAME!!!! 2) The attacks on his play are just absolutely BEYOND DESCRIBING AS STUPID, IDIOTIC OR EVEN TROLLISH .... He disappeared the last 2 months someone said ... EH??? Just because he NO LONGER HIT .370 HE DISAPPEARED?????? Care to look at what he DID HIT? He disappeared???? He played with a leg injury ... WHERE DOES A GUY’S POWER COME FROM???? He played when a lot of guys sat out ... Where is the DIRT DOG MENTALITY, BOYS? He gritted it out in the end and you fall on him like vultures ... You are an embarrassment. An UTTER EMBARRASSMENT!!!!   I thought Yazzer was stupid ... I had no idea that there were MINOR LEAGUES FOR IT ...       GET OVER ALL THE NEGATIVES ABOUT A-GON ... YOU ARE JUST PROVING THAT BOSTON AND UGLY GO TOGETHER .... STUPID UGLY
    Posted by SinceYaz

Great post.

And to add -- he played with a shoulder that won't be 100 percent until next year -- again the power -- yet still put up great numbers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The guys with the pom-poms will decide that this collapse was due mostly to injuries and that the Sox played their hearts out. Screw them!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

What a great post by Since Yaz.

Far too much the Boston fan base lacks grace in victory and even more so in defeat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

Adrian Gonzalez is one of the best players in the league. Teams were salivating thinking about a chance to get him. The Sox made the right move for the right player. His personally decrease came because his love for the game left him wanting to play in each and every game and Francona letting him instead of standing firm and saying "No. You are coming off of shoulder surgery and we will need you down the stretch". Instead, he let him play and at some point he re-injured his shoulder but did not let on. Did you not notice how he winced with every swing, how his hits went from HR's to punch and judy pokes? He didnt let on because he wanted the opponents to believe he still had it thus would walk him in key situations adding a baserunner, not to mention his defense. The only negative things which should be said are not about a particular player but about a certain GM whom had become bored with the team he had built and a coach who didnt have to balls to stand up to his GM nor his players. That is where the "disconnect" took place. Francona wanted to replace players who were not performing (Crawford) with whomever he get his hands on. Unfortunately, Theo only provided him with minor leaguers or people who were sitting on benches on other teams. How could he justify replacing Crawford with Connor Jackson in the outfield? He could insert Drew because Drew was replacing a minor leaguer (Reddick/McDonald). Until the control is truly handed to Francona, or whomever may take his place if he is made to be the scapegoat, this team will be mismanaged from the front offices and it will trickle down to defeats at the hands of teams like the Orioles, where the manager has more power than the GM and can make decisions without fear of "disconnects".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4413377. Show user_4413377's posts

it appears TEXAS has their religious fanatic in HAMILTON; the SOX now have one in A-GONE.
    blaming god is as lame as blaming POPEYE THE SAILOR.
    "POPEYE didn't want the SOX in the playoffs, he has a bigger plan. toot toot."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

dump on Agon, he derserves it with the $$$ he makes

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

I realize that you folks aren’t happy the Red Sox lost, but this attack on Adrian is beyond anything stupid .... there will have to be a new word penned to describe how stupid this is ....   1) He SAID something that is true to his outlook on life ...   He SAID something ... not took PEDS .... HE SAID something ... not left his wife for a pole dancer like Johnny Damon or a body-building mystery stripper in Toronto like A-Rod ... He SAID something in a moment of loss and sadness ... not take out a full page advertisement like Damon did to try and make himself feel better after screwing over all the Red Sox fans he promised he’d never .... He SAID something that is quite true to his ethnic and faith background ... and You guys go all crazy over it????? Really?? Seriously???????? He SAID something .....   Some of you fools even want to send him back to San Diego and get our prospects back? WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT????????? Please, people, you have just seen the best hitting 1bman in the lifetime of anyone on this board. Ted Williams was in LF ... not 1B ... And you are foolish enough to want to send him back .........and others are piling on? Go find another team ... now, and forever .... you are so EXTREMELY STUPID IT GIVES STUPID A BAD NAME!!!! 2) The attacks on his play are just absolutely BEYOND DESCRIBING AS STUPID, IDIOTIC OR EVEN TROLLISH .... He disappeared the last 2 months someone said ... EH??? Just because he NO LONGER HIT .370 HE DISAPPEARED?????? Care to look at what he DID HIT? He disappeared???? He played with a leg injury ... WHERE DOES A GUY’S POWER COME FROM???? He played when a lot of guys sat out ... Where is the DIRT DOG MENTALITY, BOYS? He gritted it out in the end and you fall on him like vultures ... You are an embarrassment. An UTTER EMBARRASSMENT!!!!   I thought Yazzer was stupid ... I had no idea that there were MINOR LEAGUES FOR IT ...       GET OVER ALL THE NEGATIVES ABOUT A-GON ... YOU ARE JUST PROVING THAT BOSTON AND UGLY GO TOGETHER .... STUPID UGLY
    Posted by SinceYaz

Applauding this rare dose of sanity.  Hell, no Sox fan is happy with the last month, but a little perspective is a good thing.  Thanks for that, SinceYaz.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

I'll post this here too, since there seem to be about 3 threads regarding this topic:

Last night Adrian shifted the blame for this collapse from he and his team to something beyond their control (twice, actually). What made it worse was that he seemed to not even really be confronting the issue, but rather, brushing it off as outside their control. What made it hard to watch was the fact that he was doing this while others (Pap, Francona, Theo, Pedroia, Crawford) were struggling to find words and taking responsibility in a very wrenching and emotional way.

I thought Adrian looked like he was using his faith as something to insulate himself from failure and responsibility. I don't think that this is something that all people of faith do. That said, I think it is quite common in both religion and philosophy.

It is a worldview that I think is profoundly irresponsible. I am bothered by it. I find it to be a way of withdrawing from engagement with the world and our actions in it.
         I don't believe this is bashing the player, and I want Adrian on my team. But I was dissapointed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I'll post this here too, since there seem to be about 3 threads regarding this topic:       Last night Adrian shifted the blame for this collapse from he and his team to something beyond their control (twice, actually). What made it worse was that he seemed to not even really be confronting the issue, but rather, brushing it off as outside their control. What made it hard to watch was the fact that he was doing this while others (Pap, Francona, Theo, Pedroia, Crawford) were struggling to find words and taking responsibility in a very wrenching and emotional way.      I thought Adrian looked like he was using his faith as something to insulate himself from failure and responsibility. I don't think that this is something that all people of faith do. That said, I think it is quite common in both religion and philosophy.     It is a worldview that I think is profoundly irresponsible. I am bothered by it. I find it to be a way of withdrawing from engagement with the world and our actions in it.      I don't believe this is bashing the player, and I want Adrian on my team. But I was dissapointed.
    Posted by wherescreamingcomesfrom
    I respect your opinion but personally I don't care how the players initially react after such a tough stretch where they clearly were under manned in starting pitching. So I personally don't get why people would be disapointed in what any of them had to say last night.

What they do this winter and how that translates next season is all I care about. That's just me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhonest. Show bhonest's posts

Posted by SinceYaz

you're on the money, spot on

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhonest. Show bhonest's posts

another guy that says stupid things is the one that says jesus is a red sox fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Posted by SinceYaz

Great post since yaz and go gators this weekend.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Bulls-eye, Yaz, old friend.

A 2x4 straight between the eyes.

It hurts, too, because it is true.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

Agone is a quality man and he's a God fearing man.. good for him... I have no problem what he said whatsoever.. if the rest of the team (other than about 3 or 4 others) had produced for the Red Sox this year what he did they would be World Series champs.. leave him alone, when his career is finished he will be one of the greatest Red Sox players ever to put on the uniform

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Posted by SinceYaz

Too funny.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Him blaming the red sox schedule is very week and to a point sums up the entire team. SOFT! He openly whines to the media why aren't they talking about all the late games the sox played and had to get into the next city in the wee hours of the morning. Just must have been the reason for him hitting under 200 vs the rays and yanks and his bat going missing this month right?

Sections
Shortcuts