Justin Upton is no bargain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Justin Upton is no bargain

It's not even close to being realistic to think AZ would take one year of control of Ellsbury at about $10M for 3 years of control of the younger Upton who has had much less injury and inconsistency issues at about teh same per year cost.

I'd make the trade in a second. Az won't. I seriously doubt they want Ellsbury, since they have a brighter longterm future than a good 2013 chance at a ring. They might like the draft pick, but to get it, they'd have to offer Jacoby about $12-13M after 2013.

It's more likely AZ would ask for Bradley or Brentz and some other upper level prosects or players with long team control.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Justin Upton is no bargain:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think Brentz has to be the centerpiece of this trade if ever going to happen.  Zona is giving up a young veteran who yet to have his prime time.  Zona has good pitching prospects almost major ready so Barnes, Webster, Rubby are their top priority even though throwing in one of them would lessen the volume of the package significantly.  If Ben decides to part with Brentz for Upton, I'll be fine with a package including Brentz, Cecchini, Ells, Ranaudo, and mid-level pitching prospect for Upton and PTBNL. 

You'd give Ells in the package for Upton. I wouldn't trade Ells straight up for Upton as Ells is a better player and always will be. 

I honestly think that Arizona would do a straight up trade. To offer them more would be stupid.  The key would be their ability to re-sign Ellsbury.  They obviously are disenchanted with Upton.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the D'back's are disenchanted with him, why would the Red Sox want him?
    (let the haunting begin.)  :)

[/QUOTE]
    I don’t think either Upton will ever be worth a healthy Ells.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1 year of Ellsbury is not worth 1 year of Upton, let alone 3.