Kalish expected to miss at least six months....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Kalish expected to miss at least six months....

i look forward to his return in 2015 and "evaluating" the Reddick trade once and for all...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

i look forward to his return in 2015 and "evaluating" the Reddick trade once and for all...

you do know that kalish had nothing to do with the reddick trade right??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

right Mef..thats just a rumor that Ben chose Reddick to be traded instead of kalish...coincidence...

btw, based on the disappearance of the actual platers traded for JR, kalish may be the only real link left...

Ben once again bet on the Titanic instead of the iceberg...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

right Mef..thats just a rumor that Ben chose Reddick to be traded instead of kalish...coincidence...

btw, based on the disappearance of the actual platers traded for JR, kalish may be the only real link left...

Actually Kalish had just had surgery when Ben traded Reddick for Bailey. I doubt if Billy Beane would have had much interest in trading his all star closer for an injured AAA outfielder. Sorry to pour logic all over your Ben bashing party...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Actually Kalish had just had surgery when Ben traded Reddick for Bailey. I doubt if Billy Beane would have had much interest in trading his all star closer for an injured AAA outfielder. Sorry to pour logic all over your Ben bashing party...

carnie beat me to it.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

he decided to trade his "all star closer" for a back up outfielder but we had to give them Reddick because kalish was not wanted?  really? from every report i have ever heard about kalish v reddick is that ben/mgt preferred ryan...so you are saying that they didnt favor ryan but traded the guy they coveted because he had no choice....?

thats funny....i bet you really are waiting until 2015 to evaluate the trade...he didnt we resign Sweeney???? there you go...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

he decided to trade his "all star closer" for a back up outfielder but we had to give them Reddick because kalish was not wanted?  really? from every report i have ever heard about kalish v reddick is that ben/mgt preferred ryan...so you are saying that they didnt favor ryan but traded the guy they coveted because he had no choice....?

kalish was not an option!! he just had surgury on his neck/shoulder why would anyone in their right mind trade for a guy who just got off the operating table??

we needed a closer, we targeted Bailey, talks ensued... idk what the offers were BUT I CAN GUARANTEE Kalish was NEVER in the conversation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

thats funny....i bet you really are waiting until 2015 to evaluate the trade...he didnt we resign Sweeney???? there you go...

The key piece of that trade for us was Bailey not Sweeney. And if your memory stretches back that far, we really needed a closer last winter after Philly seriously overpaid for Papelbon. So I'll be evaluating that trade this year. FWIW I always liked Reddick, good arm, some pop in his bat, pretty good on D. His only minus from my perspective is a low OBP, but the Sox seem to really value OBP.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

using your logic would imply that beane said "OK i want either Kalish or Reddick" and ben said "you can have Reddick, we need to keep kalish".

thats absurd, kalish was never on the table (because beane is not a scrub) and therefore kalish should not be in the Reddick/Bailey discussion at all. To do so is ignorant.. you may be dumb Geo, but your not ignorant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The key piece of that trade for us was Bailey not Sweeney. And if your memory stretches back that far, we really needed a closer last winter after Philly seriously overpaid for Papelbon. So I'll be evaluating that trade this year. FWIW I always liked Reddick, good arm, some pop in his bat, pretty good on D. His only minus from my perspective is a low OBP, but the Sox seem to really value OBP.

i liked reddick too but i wont lie and say i didnt like kalish as much....but that trade was pretty horrendous...bailey is a stiff

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

i liked reddick too but i wont lie and say i didnt like kalish as much....but that trade was pretty horrendous...bailey is a stiff

He didn't give us much last year. But there's a reason he's been an all star twice in his brief career. I'll be looking to see what he gives us healthy.

12. This post has been removed.