Kalish Going Under The Knife...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Kalish Going Under The Knife...

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to pelosireturns's comment:

Circumcision

Not true. This could not affect his swing. It is a well known fact that there is only one good reason for circumcisions, and it is this: because without circumcisions, there would BE no calamari.

You should stop trying to be funny. Cuz you are not.

Really? Because I get a belly laugh out of every one of your senseless posts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whats that his third surgery in three year ? Shouler surgeries are tough to rehab back from especially with the swinging of a bat which puts added stress on a shoulder. I liked Reddick in 2011, thought he came up with some big hits as a rookie player. Feel bad for Kalish but what did Billy Beane see in Reddick that our management did not ? So our guys hung onto Kalish and dumped off Reddick. Bet Reddicks 30 something homeruns would have helped last year.

I'm not even sure where to start with this absurd post. "hanging onto Kalish over Reddick" would imply that Kalish was on the table in the trade talks AND that Beane would have taken Kalish over Reddick... refresh my memory, was Kalish an option to trade over Reddick at the time? The same Kalish coming off neck and shoulder injuries and had virtually NO traded value. Brilliant post.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

Whats that his third surgery in three year ? Shouler surgeries are tough to rehab back from especially with the swinging of a bat which puts added stress on a shoulder. I liked Reddick in 2011, thought he came up with some big hits as a rookie player. Feel bad for Kalish but what did Billy Beane see in Reddick that our management did not ? So our guys hung onto Kalish and dumped off Reddick. Bet Reddicks 30 something homeruns would have helped last year.

I'm not even sure where to start with this absurd post. "hanging onto Kalish over Reddick" would imply that Kalish was on the table in the trade talks AND that Beane would have taken Kalish over Reddick... refresh my memory, was Kalish an option to trade over Reddick at the time? The same Kalish coming off neck and shoulder injuries and had virtually NO traded value. Brilliant post.

You are becoming intolerant, impatient, and testy. Watch it, the forum fraternity will start thinking that you are another Pike alias. Shame on you. There is a Pike behind every tree.

shut up pike

no one would mistake me for pike because i actually talk about baseball

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

[QUOTE]

You are becoming intolerant, impatient, and testy. Watch it, the forum fraternity will start thinking that you are another Pike alias. Shame on you. There is a Pike behind every tree.

Not bloody likely.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pelosireturns's comment:

Circumcision

Not true. This could not affect his swing. It is a well known fact that there is only one good reason for circumcisions, and it is this: because without circumcisions, there would BE no calamari.

You should stop trying to be funny. Cuz you are not.

Really? Because I get a belly laugh out of every one of your senseless posts.

We all laugh alot still at talksox since your lifetime ban.

Glad to hear it. I hope you have a lot of fun over there. In your absence I plan on doing the same here. Time for you to move on past your childish insistence in dwelling in the past.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

I guess this is better than going over the knife (hari-kari). This kid was way overrated from a talent perspective early in his career.He along with guys like DMAC, Nava, Bill Hall and a host of others platooned the late summer 2010 RS outfield on a fairly regular basis hoping to secure a spot on the big team the following season. After the season ended, Theo deemed it a failed operation and signed Carl Crawford and others. He mentioned that he saw Reddick as the heir apparent to JDD in RF and also the CF backup to JE in case he was moved or injured.Pretty astute observation three years later. Well Theo leaves, Ben takes over and it's important for Ben to establish himself early, to erase the Theo scent so to speak. The Lowrie and Reddick deal happen. Recent history tells us that these were not good deals for the RS or Ben C. and now Kalish will not be available for awhile. Fast reverse, Tito signs with Cleveland, writes a book, and is back on the BDC  front burner. When he left he took a kid named Nate Spear with him. I had Nate rated as the worst player on the forty man roster. He really stunk. Along with Nate I had Jason Repko, Ryan Kalish and Ryan Sweeney at the bottom of the heap. I'm not sure of Repko's status now but the others are near if not on the 40 man roster. Nate got a minor leauge deal with the Indians, sort of like a reverse Schilling. The Indians wanted Coma and Coma made them take Spears.  This I know though, Kalish has a savior. Like Nate had Tito, Kalish has someone high up in the RS organization that  saves his bacon, regardless of his performance. Any ideas? Am I whistleing Dixie? What do you think?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

You never addressed dumping Reddick and his 30 something homeruns for a guy who has been constantly injured since 2010. I would rather have Reddick and his experience then Kalish. Reddick was tested Kalish was a good prospect and you know what they say about prospects? sometimes they do not pan out. Think maybe this kid falls into this category, kinda like Jed Lowrie who was constantly hurt all the time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

You never addressed dumping Reddick and his 30 something homeruns for a guy who has been constantly injured since 2010. I would rather have Reddick and his experience then Kalish. Reddick was tested Kalish was a good prospect and you know what they say about prospects? sometimes they do not pan out. Think maybe this kid falls into this category, kinda like Jed Lowrie who was constantly hurt all the time.

Reddick was "tested"?

You mean his .248  10  37  (.706 OPS)  line in over 400 PAs with the Sox? 

You mean his .682 OPS in over 200 PAs in the second half of 2011?

He was trending downwards and very few here thought he was going to be great.

He is not great yet either.

He had a .647 OPs in over 300 PAs in the second half of last year.

Career, he is a .643 second half OPS player. Although I'd take him over Kalish, which wasn't really the choice, that's excactly what we do not need.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Moon........You,like many others in your saber brigade look but don't see. You're so wrapped up in numerical values that you ascribe to players that these numbers become your Bible, in effect your only valueing tool in rating a player. In other words, if the numbers don't work he must be a stiff or if the numbers work he has value. Any numbers you arrive at are based on past performance for any valuation.Look at your post. You lay the framework for your criticism on past performance. It is a flawed view. The Reddick/Bailey trade allowed some insight into the valueing process other than the sabermetric approach. Will you agree that Reddick was not highly regarded at the time of the trade? That he was projected as a 4 or 5 outfielder and a platoon player with DMAC and others? This opinion was arrived at by the saber guys. By using your numbers above  I'll accept them as 100% accurate and irrelevant.  These numbers are no good in valueing future performance. After the trade the A's told us what they had in store for Reddick in 2012. He would bat 3rd. in the lineup, he would play against LH and RH pitching, he would be the starting RF'er and that they would stay with this for the season barring injury. The kid responded by playing in 150+ game and the A's won 94 games and the ALW title. He was their top rated outfielder on another team when the deal finalized. Their valuation wasn't sabermetric, although they had the same information you have. Their valuation was visual ,boots on the ground, scouts collaborating on what they saw at  the time they saw him. In the end the A's  had it figured right, the Sox undervalued Reddick and traded a very good player and maybe a lot more. As long as John Henry finds value in the  sabermetric approach to valueing   talent he will continue to lose talent to sharper talent evaluators.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

this is how you thank people?? huh. maybe next time you "thank" me you could be a little more clear about it.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts