Kazmir Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Kazmir Released

Should the RS take a shot on signing him to a minor league contract? He used to kill us on the mound and he's just 27. Another LH in the BP who could spot start would be a plus!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Re: Kazmir Released

The name doesn't even matter.  A minor league contract is almost always 'worth ' taking a chance on someone (unless theres some stipulations for making the big league). 

That said, no one should expect much from Kazmir and be happily surprised if he actually figures himself out. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Give him a AAA contract and see what he has...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Yes, but only if he starts in Portland.  I don't want him stealing time from Duckworth ... or anyone with potential.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

"The Angels released Kazmir, eating $14.5 million in salary, after another poor outing in Triple-A, where he's 0-5 and has allowed 30 runs in 15 1/3 innings. He's just 27 years old and while some team will give him a chance to rediscover his mechanics and wicked slider, it's quite likely his major league career is over. It will take high levels of mental strength and patience for Kazmir to stick with it."

0-5 WITH A ~18 ERA IN TRIPLE A. Yeah, don't expect anything if you sign him to a minor league contract.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

See, this is the type of "low risk/high reward" move I'd like. He's still young, and has shown to be a great pitcher in the past. As long as they don't go into it relying on him and expecting him to make it back to the big leagues...just sign him, work with him and see where it ends up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Kazmir Released:
    [QUOTE]Should the RS take a shot on signing him to a minor league contract? He used to kill us on the mound and he's just 27. Another LH in the BP who could spot start would be a plus!

Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Have you looked at his numbers in AAA?

I think you should change your name to obliviosike.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I'm almost positive that Mr. Cashman is on the phone right now as we speak.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpanther98. Show bigpanther98's posts

I agree, the Yankees are probably working on this right now. Now that his terrible ML contract is gone, he is a perfect low risk, high reward signing. I'd be very pleased if the Sox sign him as he has so much potential but has just failed to find it recently for some reason (see Oliver Perez). Duckworth is just a filler in his thirties. Despite any success at AAA, he has little chance of making it big. Maybe a spot start from a callup, that's it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Kazmir Released:
    [QUOTE]I'm almost positive that Mr. Cashman is on the phone right now as we speak.

Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Now we do know that Cashman doesn't always tell the media the truth but here was the latest out of NY........

The Yankees, who sent career minor-leaguer Brian Gordon to the mound against the Rangers on Thursday, do not sound interested in Kazmir.

"I haven't looked into it. I know he's struggled a lot, and I know he isn't throwing like he used to," Yankees GM Brian Cashman said.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, but only if he starts in Portland.  I don't want him stealing time from Duckworth ... or anyone with potential.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]

Your kidding right...I hope so. But, if i missed the sarcasm I apologize..

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/duckwbr01.shtml

They are both bad, but id take Kaz on age and the fact that he could at least be a good lefty out of the pen..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

this looks like a future yankee to me.  he can be with the rest of the retreds, colon, prior, garcia, millwood and now kazmir.  He is a perfect fit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Lifetime WHIP of >1.4 and his ERA over last 3 years is in the high 5's. Waste.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Give him a AAA contract and see what he has...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Yup, AAA is as far as I would go to see what he has.  The Rays blew this kids arm out early with way too many innings pitched.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I don't think he is old enough for the yanks. check the birth certificate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

good point bald-predictions.  The  yankees will pick him up after he failes with 3 more teams.  I am so ashamed that I made that mistake.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickarcese. Show nickarcese's posts

27 going on 37...high mileage on that arm, way too young when he got to the majors and pitching in our division wasted him

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]this looks like a future yankee to me.  he can be with the rest of the retreds, colon, prior, garcia, millwood and now kazmir.  He is a perfect fit.

Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

LOL...do you even know what organization millwood is in?....Didn't think so.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Not hard to sign a guy that costs almost nothing. Nothing to lose, now that the Angles have cut their sunk cost loose.

I was hoping this was a Tim Wastefield thread.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]good point bald-predictions.  The  yankees will pick him up after he failes with 3 more teams.  I am so ashamed that I made that mistake.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

The correct spelling is fails, not failes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The only reason to do it is so we could play Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir" when he comes out of the bullpen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Well, just because he's got a red dot, doesn't mean he's not salvageable.

Ahem, Sheriff.  It's Scott Kazmir who used to pitch for the Tampa Rays, not cashmere, which is a fine material used in sweaters.  That's cashmere (c-a-s-h-m-e-r-e), not Kazmir (K-a-z-m-i-r).

Ooh, that's different, Cheddar Cheese. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Not hard to sign a guy that costs almost nothing. Nothing to lose, now that the Angles have cut their sunk cost loose. I was hoping this was a Tim Wastefield thread.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]moron, u should be grateful we have a proven backend guy like wake. would u rather have colon, kazmir and the ton of garbage out there. wake means at least 5 2/3 innings EVERY start, with 4.5 ERA st hid modt average. that very god for a spare part. he's the best at it! u need that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a9b497db3-7b9c-4d20-8f8c-485ad2c822c0&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:9b497db3-7b9c-4d20-8f8c-485ad2c822c0Post:ff3ca2e8-c93e-4a97-9de4-3733b13c3155">Re: Kazmir Released:
    Not hard to sign a guy that costs almost nothing. Nothing to lose, now that the Angles have cut their sunk cost loose. I was hoping this was a Tim Wastefield thread.
    Posted by betterredthandead
    moron, u should be grateful we have a proven backend guy like wake. would u rather have colon, kazmir and the ton of garbage out there. wake means at least 5 2/3 innings EVERY start, with 4.5 ERA st hid modt average. that very god for a spare part. he's the best at it! u need that.

After TB traded Kazmir, softy claimed they were idiots and would "go away for good". Before last year began he said TB was short a starter and has a "weak pen".

He's grasping for straws now in hopes that Wake will falter and one of his reclamation projects will succeed, and tht somehow this will vindicate his horrific record of late.

Sections
Shortcuts