Keep Ells till the end of 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Keep Ells till the end of 2013

If you trade him now you reallisticaly will get very little for him. Let him tear up the league, an heir to the dark knight, then have Borax get the best bidder for him. Keep Ells and CC at the top next year and good things wil happen. 2014 may be a disaster but we keep him for a year ala the Marlins and have a small fire sale
     We can't get more dysfunctional than this. Say "bye" Papi and Beckett and  get thr AA, AA guys together and in 2 or 3 years be a contendah. Keep in contact with JH in Liverpool and we will be champions again some day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Keep Ells till the end of 2013

Spot on.  No reason to sell low on Ellsbury.  If we're good next year, NP.  If we aren't good, we still have the option of trading him or taking a draft pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Depends on what a GM will offer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Ellsbury -- agree. Keep. It's doubtful that the Sox will get good value in a trade.

Papi -- disagree. Keep. You don't dump a bat like that until you're sure he's got nothing left.

Beckett -- eh. Either way. I don't have a problem with keeping him because I feel his affect in the clubhouse is vastly overstated. And I wouldn't be surprised if he bounced back strong next year so I'd rather he do that for Boston than elsewhere. But if they move him -- fine, I guess, depending on how they rebuild the rotation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Beckett- ...And I wouldn't be surprised if he bounced back strong next year ...

2013 is an odd year. Beckett does very well in odd years.,,  trade him after 2013.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Re: Keep Ells till the end of 2013:
    [QUOTE] Beckett- ...And I wouldn't be surprised if he bounced back strong next year ... 2013 is an odd year. Beckett does very well in odd years.,,  trade him after 2013.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

LOL  If this were only dependably true!!! 

I agree with the OP. Keep him and consider next year the year the team has been building for. 

Remembering that it's tough to have an All-Star at every position, the Sox would then have Salty/Lav catching, Agon @ 1B, Pedey @ 2nd, Aviles/Ciriaco/Iggy @ SS, Middlebrooks @ 3rd and an OF of Crawford, Ells, and in the worst case scenario, a Ross/?? platoon.  That sounds pretty good to me!

I see next year's pitching staff as being the question mark. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

With the exception of '04 & '07 the Sox have a well-earned reputation of being always the bridesmaid and never the bride. I've thought for some time that the reason for that is that the FO could never decide what year they were building for.
    They've always been looking for "that one more player" and in the process have trade away or released players that kept the team from gelling and being what it could be.

In doing that the FO has convinced the fan base that they're trying to build a winner (and I believe they are) so the fans are content to finish 2nd saying, "Ahh...but we were SO CLOSE this year."

Trading Ells and letting Papi go will only perpetuate this failed policy.

Keep what you've got, play 'em, and fill the holes with good players. Don't create holes that need to be filled, especially when '14 could be the year we've been wa1ting for. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Why keep him and get nothing for him?
    He's destroyed his trade value, by being so mediocre after he came back
    Still, he'd merit more in any trade, maybe as a package, than he would after going elsewhere as a free agent after 2013.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Couldn't get a runner in from 3rd with 1 out TWICE tonight. Does he want to get traded?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Why keep him and get nothing for him? He's destroyed his trade value, by being so mediocre after he came back Still, he'd merit more in any trade, maybe as a package, than he would after going elsewhere as a free agent after 2013.
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

Sorry, this is one those times when even an opinion has to be wrong.  If he has destroyed his value, the the value we'd get with a #1 comp has to be more than we'd get in a trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What value has Ellsbury destroyed?  Let him play well the rest of the season. He will have value.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Has anyone watched him play since he came back?
    Hellloooooo!!!!!!!!!!
    Did anyone here think Crawford would totally outperform Ellsbury?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]With the exception of '04 & '07 the Sox have a well-earned reputation of being always the bridesmaid and never the bride. I've thought for some time that the reason for that is that the FO could never decide what year they were building for. . 
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

Actually the reason for that is because the Yanks build for every year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keep Ells till the end of 2013 : Actually the reason for that is because the Yanks build for every year.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Remind me again who has the most rings the past 10 years...

Remind me again who has the higher rated farm system?

(Hint: One is #22, the other #16 in one rating and #10 and #5 in another)