Keep going in this direction Ben.......pitching...can he do more?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Keep going in this direction Ben.......pitching...can he do more?

I am impressed how he is strengthening our pitching and bullpen...........

we are pretty good now.........anybody have any ideas what more he can do?

it might not be our top concern...but what would you like to see?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Keep going in this direction Ben.......pitching...can he do more?

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Dumpster and head case Peavy must go........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

why?
    humor me......give me pros and cons on both........I support you in moving one though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Looks like Lackey and Doubie are getting a LOT of inquiries. My guess is Workman goes into the rotation and there will be at least one pitcher moved for a position of need. Ben is not near done yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

very informative...could you expand please?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Don't resign Nap, Drew, and we have already passed on Salty and Ells--With the true savings of

$34 M sign Cano for 6, 7 or 8 years and put him at 1 B or 3 B. He will make us forget about Ells

and Nap very quickly. He is one of the top 5 players in the game and seems to stay healthy.

Keeping in mind this $30 M + in 2-4 more years this will increase to a new norm.

I see this move as a way of weakening the Yankees and improving the Sox. Teammates will see

this as a way of strengthening the Sox for years to come. With the youth movement this gives us

another guy lile Pedroia and Ortiz, quality players, for the young players to learn from and look up

to. 

It might not be Cano--it might be Kemp, Beltran, Ethier, Furcal,  Granderson--these guys all play

the game hard--they lead by example just like Ortiz and Pedroia. If you pass on Cano and Kemp

then for the  same money sign Ethier and Beltran and / or Furcal.

You asked who else might be out there...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Unless we are getting something big...I don't want to move Lackey right now. He is very steady...his numbers have always been like that ...except for TJ time frame.

Dempster and Peavy weren't brought in as aces obviously , but the durability and amount of innings pitched per year are just as important...it's a long season.........

Doubront and Workman are unknowns right now.......what do they have for long future outlooks?

Confident with Lester..........Buch is a wildcard right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Looks like Lackey and Doubie are getting a LOT of inquiries. My guess is Workman goes into the rotation and there will be at least one pitcher moved for a position of need. Ben is not near done yet.

Southy where are you getting the info about Lackey and Doubrount getting a lot of inquiries--I'm either reading past that on MLBTR or you have better sources than that.

I would make a move with one of those two or Peavy. It would seem like Peavy to the Dodgers and /or Lackey to the A's for a decent return makes a lot of sense on both ends. I'm a little more reluctant letting Lackey or Douby go---I might trade Buch before moving Lackey or Douby.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Gotta sign Napoli now - 2 years @ $29 mil and I'd even toss in a no trade clause

He can rebuild the starting rotation one piece at a time and add another RH Power Arm in the pen

Dempster - overpaid

Lackey - value is high and I'd be concerned about his tude when he early "only" $500K in 2015

Lester - serious contract concerns

Buck - serious health (mental and physical) concerns

but Im not worried - for the first time ever I am not concerned - we'll be fine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

Southy where are you getting the info about Lackey and Doubrount getting a lot of inquiries--I'm either reading past that on MLBTR or you have better sources than that.

I would make a move with one of those two or Peavy. It would seem like Peavy to the Dodgers and /or Lackey to the A's for a decent return makes a lot of sense on both ends. I'm a little more reluctant letting Lackey or Douby go---I might trade Buch before moving Lackey or Douby.

Ive heard on various outlet from different reporters. They are getting inquiries on a few pitchers with lackey and Doubie being the 2 most mentioned. It should get interesting in a few days at the WM.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Best time of the year !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Unless we are getting something big...I don't want to move Lackey right now. He is very steady...his numbers have always been like that ...except for TJ time frame.

Dempster and Peavy weren't brought in as aces obviously , but the durability and amount of innings pitched per year are just as important...it's a long season.........

Doubront and Workman are unknowns right now.......what do they have for long future outlooks?

Clay can't be counted on beyond 100 innings, so that's why we need to keep all six starters.  You mentioned a very under appreciated aspect of Dempster and Peavy last year, they remained healthy.  You understand that it is a long season and that is a big part of getting to the playoffs.  I don't see either Dempster or Peavy getting moved this offseason.  I see them as part of the new core focus on this team, pitching depth. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

The problem is that they also give our own team the greatest amount of value as well.  A pitcher with Lackey's resume playing for league minimum next year will allow this team some flexibility when resigning Lester.  Doubie will also allow us that financial flexibility since he is controlled financially through arbitration till 2017. 

If there is a pitcher moved, it will be for a guy who can't consistently throw strikes that we control for one year.  That guy is Morales to me.  He had that one stretch of time where he spot started some great games in a row for us... but then he couldn't stay healthy or throw strikes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:

Clay can't be counted on beyond 100 innings, so that's why we need to keep all six starters.  You mentioned a very under appreciated aspect of Dempster and Peavy last year, they remained healthy.  You understand that it is a long season and that is a big part of getting to the playoffs.  I don't see either Dempster or Peavy getting moved this offseason.  I see them as part of the new core focus on this team, pitching depth. 

might see Peavy moved..........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

Ive heard on various outlet from different reporters. They are getting inquiries on a few pitchers with lackey and Doubie being the 2 most mentioned. It should get interesting in a few days at the WM.

Would hate to see RS trade Doubront. Something tells me he's about to break out and have that really good year [just a hunch?] While I could see Lackey if they were able to get something really good in return. I know Doubront has this habit of showing up for ST out of shape, but at some point you have to figure he matures a little bit and realizes he has a chance at some big $ if he really applies himself to his craft, which would include working out and eating right in the off season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Why would you want to hang onto the first platoon starter in the history of the game?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Gotta sign Napoli now - 2 years @ $29 mil and I'd even toss in a no trade clause

He can rebuild the starting rotation one piece at a time and add another RH Power Arm in the pen

Dempster - overpaid

Lackey - value is high and I'd be concerned about his tude when he early "only" $500K in 2015

Lester - serious contract concerns

Buck - serious health (mental and physical) concerns

but Im not worried - for the first time ever I am not concerned - we'll be fine.

LOL...A.M, are you getting soft on ol' CBuch??..that's the kindest you've been to him in months.. Tongue OutWink

Sections
Shortcuts